Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Reverse osmosis systems

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

I bought an ro system when i thought i had pH issues. In the end my PK was bad

It was a cheap 4 stage one and gets the water to 0.0 pretty well. I got the 100gpd and thats fortunate as they demand huge amounts of pressure. The 50gpd must be very slow indeed.

If anything, i will use 50/50 with tap water. They waste shit loads of water, like 4 litres per litre

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-01-20), IceCalibur (22-01-20), Sadface (22-01-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,416 Times

Tap water ,canna A n B ,pk 13/14 and ph down ...EC not necessary if you can read your plants

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-01-20), IceCalibur (22-01-20)

Thanks

As I say most of the issues I see on here are autos grown under led only

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper114 View Post
    Thanks

Hi Ice

Interesting. Shouldn’t A+B gives us everything we need? Canna cater for RO users I thought I had checked and read???? Will go have another wee look!!!
    Yep ,go check and read ,the answer is yes it will ,as ice said

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper114 View Post
    Thanks

Hi Ice

Interesting. Shouldn’t A+B gives us everything we need? Canna cater for RO users I thought I had checked and read???? Will go have another wee look!!!
    Well, my post was explaining what I personally would do when I get the RO system...I'll be growing in both soil and coco..using different types of nutrients

Mixing it in 50-50 will just work nicely for me

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-01-20), Sadface (22-01-20)

Thanks

If jumper would care to take a look thru the archives the canna AB and pk Only has been a award (bling) wining method over the years on here ,by members past and present ...and tbh wins hands down over pretty much any other feed regime I've see. On here if I'm honest ...add bottles add meither ......some folk can't be taught

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sadface View Post
    If jumper would care to take a look thru the archives the canna AB and pk Only has been a award (bling) wining method over the years on here ,by members past and present ...and tbh wins hands down over pretty much any other feed regime I've see. On here if I'm honest ...add bottles add meither ......some folk can't be taught
    I think Jumper was saying that he thinks the Canna A+B already has the micronutrients that I was talking about (the reason I said wanted to use 50-50 mix with my tap water) Sad mate

At the end of the day..no drama, to each their own as they say brother

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-01-20), Sadface (22-01-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,157 Times

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    I think Jumper was saying that he thinks the Canna A+B already has the micronutrients that I was talking about (the reason I said wanted to use 50-50 mix with my tap water) Sad mate

At the end of the day..no drama, to each their own as they say brother
    Well if it is the case that Canna has the micronutrients you mentioned then that’s great.

I’m going to give Canna a go on the next run to do a comparison but given the results I’m getting thus far I can’t see any reason not to continue with Advanced Nutrients, but do want to see if Using Canna makes a difference..

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bud_Wiser For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-01-20)

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bud_Wiser View Post
    Well if it is the case that Canna has the micronutrients you mentioned then that’s great.

I’m going to give Canna a go on the next run to do a comparison but given the results I’m getting thus far I can’t see any reason not to continue with Advanced Nutrients, but do want to see if Using Canna makes a difference..
    That's what it's all about Bud_Wiser...finding what works for us individually, you're happy with Advanced Nutrients and it works for you?.. then that's fantastic, if you wish to try out Canna to compare that's great too

Can be a fun journey to find what works best for us

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (23-01-20), GEORGE (23-01-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Love this thread already..this is the direction I'm personally heading, but thinking of just mixing the RO water with my tap water at a 50-50 ratio..I think I'll still have enough calcium in there for them LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbd captain View Post
    That's a good idea Im taking it maki g a mix of 50/50 it will cut the need for calmag and silica?
    Careful with this. Chlorine and chloramine interfere with proper nute mixing and binding. Most modern chlorine and chloramine cannot be evaporated sufficiently.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-01-20), IceCalibur (23-01-20), Jumper114 (23-01-20)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast