Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Flowering, leave edges yellow

Thanks

Btw thank you all for the support and help ?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Blacks0113 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-01-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Well if I was in your shoes right now..I would be making sure my PH was around 6.0 ...in coco the 'max PH range' is between 5.5-6.5, but at the stage you're at now you can float between 6.0-6.2.

I would also be making sure I'm watering my plants and seeing at least 20% runoff at the minimum to avoid nutrient/salt buildup and PH issues.

I'd also be checking my runoff with my EC/PH meters to see if there is indeed a buildup of nutrients.. 'generally' if you're seeing higher EC numbers than you're a giving them, it means you're feeding them too much and you need to reduce what you're feeding them (usually accompanied by a low PH). If you're seeing lower EC values than what you're feeding them then it means they are hungry.

If you are seeing Higher EC values the best thing to do is to flush with plain tap water which will help clear any build-up and will raise the PH.

If the runoff PH is high then you need to do things slightly differently, the medium will still need a flush it's best to use Ph adjusted water to bring the Ph back into range
    i always understood a high ph indicates a need for more ferts ? Ive never flushed due to high ph i just up the feed and bash on. Too much food = low ph too little food = high ph. Its an equilibrium of feed volumes. The odd one is when leeching occurs due to under feeding.
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-01-20), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (30-01-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blacks0113 View Post
    Ill check the ec and ph of feed before i feed them and also i know that the tap water in my area reads to a ph of 7.4 and an ec of 0.4
    Feed every day with an ec of 1.0 and ph of 5.8 i say this as your tap water has a close to neautral ph so naturally its looking to rise. Taking it to 5.8 should settle around 5.9-6.0 in the root zone (hopefully). The idea of daily feeding is to introduce fresh nutes and also draw in fresh air. This is so important otherwise you will never release the power of coco growing. 6 amnesia haze in 20 ltr coco pots should easily yield around 20-25 ounces. Proof of where you have gone wrong is in your time. 17 weeks i would be smoking atleast 3 week cured buds by now. I would say the lack of experience and use of tools is to blame. Listen to these guys and you'll be growing monsters.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-01-20)

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SmobyToker#1 View Post
    i always understood a high ph indicates a need for more ferts ? Ive never flushed due to high ph i just up the feed and bash on. Too much food = low ph too little food = high ph. Its an equilibrium of feed volumes. The odd one is when leeching occurs due to under feeding.
    The information I posted here was from a post Bud Lightyear made SmobyToker#1

He's currently mentoring me in coco, so I'm just passing on good information.

The OP hasn't been using EC/PH pens coupled with the fact he wasn't watering them every day...waiting instead for the medium to dry out, which I've advised is NOT what you do in coco

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-01-20), SmobyToker#1 (29-01-20)

Thanks

The information I posted here was from a post Bud Lightyear made SmobyToker#1

He's currently mentoring me in coco, so I'm just passing on good information.

The OP hasn't been using EC/PH pens coupled with the fact he wasn't watering them every day...waiting instead for the medium to dry out, which I've advised is NOT what you do in coco
    Yeah i wasnt calling out at all mate, please dont think that, just saying my logic was just that the ph changes in relation to the food. So if theres lots of food the root zone becamoes acidic as its highly concentrated. When the food is Low the ph rises in the opposite direction. This is my observation from doing coco grows. When flushing out nutes you will notice the ph becomes quite high for same reason.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-01-20), IceCalibur (29-01-20), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (30-01-20)

11. Default

Yeah i wasnt calling out at all mate, please dont think that, just saying my logic was just that the ph changes in relation to the food. So if theres lots of food the root zone becamoes acidic as its highly concentrated. When the food is Low the ph rises in the opposite direction. This is my observation from doing coco grows. When flushing out nutes you will notice the ph becomes quite high for same reason.
    Not to worry Smoby I didn't take it as a dig or calling me out at all..I was just explaining where it came from and your post adds to the information if anything so a good informative post mate

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-01-20), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (30-01-20)

Thanks

What im saying Ice is that a high ish ph is not a problem to go flushing the pots when a simple fix is to just up the feed. But if bud says different then who am i to argue lol. All i know is what i have seen, done, lived, breathed for the last 3-4 years. And i do get a lot of weed from a few plants. And i dont consider 6.2 a bad range tbf

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-01-20)

15. Default

What im saying Ice is that a high ish ph is not a problem to go flushing the pots when a simple fix is to just up the feed. But if bud says different then who am i to argue lol. All i know is what i have seen, done, lived, breathed for the last 3-4 years. And i do get a lot of weed from a few plants. And i dont consider 6.2 a bad range tbf
    I understand what you're saying, and it's OK to have different opinions right?

Don't forget no numbers were given when I passed that information to the OP, as I said above he wasn't using a PH or EC pen and he was watering his pots only when they were dry (so limited information to go on and high likelihood of a buildup on nutes).

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-01-20), SmobyToker#1 (30-01-20)

17. Default

Also just to clarify, I never actually said for the OP to flush because of a high ish PH..

I'll quote my post for you

I'd also be checking my runoff with my EC/PH meters to see if there is indeed a buildup of nutrients.. 'generally' if you're seeing higher EC numbers than you're a giving them, it means you're feeding them too much and you need to reduce what you're feeding them (usually accompanied by a low PH). If you're seeing lower EC values than what you're feeding them then it means they are hungry.

If you are seeing Higher EC values the best thing to do is to flush with plain tap water which will help clear any build-up and will raise the PH.

If the runoff PH is high then you need to do things slightly differently, the medium will still need a flush it's best to use Ph adjusted water to bring the Ph back into range
    So I wasn't saying for the OP to flush for a high 'ish' PH alone..it was in the situation where if the EC values were too high, and then to flush depending on the PH

I recommended the OP to check the EC/PH (so it wasn't an absolutely guessing game) and if the EC values were higher then to proceed with the next part of my advice

Hopefully, I've understood this correctly from Buds posts regarding this
    Last edited by IceCalibur; 29-01-20 at 09:45 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-01-20)

Thanks

Also just to clarify, I never actually said for the OP to flush because of a high ish PH..

I'll quote my post for you

So I wasn't saying for the OP to flush for a high 'ish' PH alone..it was in the situation where if the EC values were too high, and then to flush depending on the PH

I recommended the OP to check the EC/PH (so it wasn't an absolutely guessing game) and if the EC values were higher then to proceed with the next part of my advice

Hopefully, I've understood this correctly from Buds posts regarding this
    Yeah i just saw the numbers he posted and didnt think it warrants a flush, which is what needs to be done with high EC numbers as you say. I am saying that with a run off ph of 6.2 no flush is needed. Thats it really, i did say i was not calling you out lad. Like you say we all have our opinions, and here on this site is where we talk about them

20. The Following User Says Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-01-20)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast