Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Don't know what's wrong with her

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,808 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Herbitual View Post
    Unless I'm missing something, the OP doesn't mention which medium he's in?

I may be wrong but the photos look like a coco perlite mix.
    Current Grow (3L coco autos) : Jumper's 2020 shenanigans

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jumper114 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (28-01-20), GEORGE (28-01-20), SmobyToker#1 (28-01-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,171 Times

Those doses are ml/liter? I am shocked they are not covered in burn.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-01-20), Herbitual (28-01-20), SmobyToker#1 (28-01-20), Vlad the Inhaler (28-01-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

With these bigger pots of coco i have found on the last 3-4 runs that they can kinda hinder rooting if using too much feed / water initially, in week one i like to give around a litre each day, the following week its 2 litres a day, until im up around 4-5 litres a day minimum a plant.

With those i would be going in daily like Jumper says to intro new nutes and oxygen.

You need to know what the EC of your tap water is, for a start, you may well not need cal mag. My water has a EC of 0.4 and ph of 7.2-4 this tells me i have rock salts in my tap water, a quick look in the water authority tests and i see cal, mag, etc etc. So cal mag not need (although led does call on more cal)

Start with just base nutes Gro with an ec made up to 0.8 if your tap water is around 0.4 ec, you are efectively giving a true feed of 0.4. Micro im guessing is a trace elements hit? So use that too as suggested. You will want a root stimulator like rhizotonic and that should be fine to get the plant growing for now
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (28-01-20), GEORGE (28-01-20), Jumper114 (28-01-20)

Thanks

I assuming you are in coco? Although I have never used those specific feeds I am pretty certain those numbers are too high, the feed is too strong.

I hate to give information that contradicts previous posts but a plant that small in a pot that large doesn't want watering twice per day, not yet anyway. You need to send those roots searching, so less frequent feeds for at least a week. Lifting up regularly to guage their weight is a good method.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patrice For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (28-01-20), GEORGE (28-01-20), Vlad the Inhaler (28-01-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,117 Times

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    Those doses are ml/liter? I am shocked they are not covered in burn.
    That’s what I was thinking too... but... that’s what it says to do on the bottles...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vlad the Inhaler For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (28-01-20), GEORGE (28-01-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Patrice View Post
    I assuming you are in coco? Although I have never used those specific feeds I am pretty certain those numbers are too high, the feed is too strong.

I hate to give information that contradicts previous posts but a plant that small in a pot that large doesn't want watering twice per day, not yet anyway. You need to send those roots searching, so less frequent feeds for at least a week. Lifting up regularly to guage their weight is a good method.

I agree with this... 2ml per litre of calmag is 4 times what I use in each feed. And in coco at the start, it can take a couple days before another feed is needed. If the surface looks dry then you've left it a bit long, but mine get fed every 2 to 3 days till the plant begins to speed up growth after a couple weeks

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (28-01-20), GEORGE (28-01-20), Patrice (31-01-20), SmobyToker#1 (29-01-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Patrice View Post

I will add my rationale.

Coco is an inert material. It could just as well be clay pebbles, perlite etc. The good thing about coco is it is 85% air. The bad thing as such is it needs regular feeding to keep it at its optimum.

Growing in coco requires a hydroponic approach. Otherwise why does RDWC work so well?

In effect I am running a bastardised RDWC except I do not recirculate nutes, simply drain to waste. The coco is merely there as a medium to hold the roots.

Personally, I water each plant every 2 hours with highly oxygenated feed (Each reservoir has an air stone). That is from day 1. The only thing I adjust is the feed strength for the plant and duration. 20 secs per 2 hours until week 4 then 35 seconds per 2 hours.

IME experience a seedling's roots will seek out food just fine in coco. You will murder a seedling in soil using this approach I agree.

My autos always turn out on the large and heavy yielding size, so my approach certainly works for me :-)

YMMV

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jumper114 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (28-01-20), GEORGE (28-01-20), SmobyToker#1 (29-01-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the Inhaler View Post
    That’s what I was thinking too... but... that’s what it says to do on the bottles...
    For seedlings? How much do they suggest for fully developed plants?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-01-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper114 View Post
    I will add my rationale.

Coco is an inert material. It could just as well be clay pebbles, perlite etc. The good thing about coco is it is 85% air. The bad thing as such is it needs regular feeding to keep it at its optimum.

Growing in coco requires a hydroponic approach. Otherwise why does RDWC work so well?

In effect I am running a bastardised RDWC except I do not recirculate nutes, simply drain to waste. The coco is merely there as a medium to hold the roots.

Personally, I water each plant every 2 hours with highly oxygenated feed (Each reservoir has an air stone). That is from day 1. The only thing I adjust is the feed strength for the plant and duration. 20 secs per 2 hours until week 4 then 35 seconds per 2 hours.

IME experience a seedling's roots will seek out food just fine in coco. You will murder a seedling in soil using this approach I agree.

My autos always turn out on the large and heavy yielding size, so my approach certainly works for me :-)

YMMV
    Coco holds roots and water/nutes. Pebbles only hold roots.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-01-20), Jumper114 (28-01-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    Coco holds roots and water/nutes. Pebbles only hold roots.
    Intertesting CD. Is that because the pebbles are too big and cannot trap nutes and air enough? I have certainly seen all perlite grows .... thought I had seen all clay pebble grows tbh! The meds do tricks to my memory!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jumper114 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (28-01-20), GEORGE (28-01-20)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast