Thread: homemade aero/hydro question

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,269 Times

Default homemade aero/hydro question

hi yall,
    just started up again after ten years, my,how things have changed!

i have one ww x cheese in a bubbler that has just started flowering, and one orange bud in soil. as soon as the orange has finished, i will get rid of dirty soil forever. i have taken cuttings before i set them to 12/12, and will be growing in a home made bubbler until they are ready for flower, then transferred to a home made aero fogger.

my question is, would it be ok to use plywood (exterior grade) for the deck that will hold the pots? i would paint it white and it would probably be the easiest solution, although i'm a little concerned about mould and such.

the "pots" are made from a pair of 12" airstones in a cheep storage box from a well known diy store, and they are non-lightproof green with a clear top. i thought i could spray the bottoms or cover with foil/b&white etc, but it would probably be easier to throw the clear top, and do the plywood thing, any opinions? tanx

samhain Guest

hi katy welcome to thc
    painted ply is good , for a deck you mean a base to place pot's .
    I used an aero cloner with spinny sprayer's with a 2000LitrePH pump in the resorvoir , DIY hand knitted . I never used a dome when cloning
    One inch holes drilled in top with pipe insulating foam round the stem's
    Can you figure pic's i'd like to see it .

Thanks

sorry samhain, i cant upload anypics as not built yet, will get back to you when i can, also may like to upload one of this monster in the bubbler if it goes as planned for POTM

ps happy bday (belated)

samhain Guest

Thank's katy .
    I use ...{snipped}...
    Not sure how safe it iz tho , there's loads o thread's about posting pics ere
    Welcome back to the growing scene / remeber we have a ten plant rule
    Last edited by dj #; 03-01-10 at 10:31 AM. Reason: no links to other picture host sites, please read site rules

Thanks

something i was wondering about there,

i intend to grow 4-6 plants to maturity, but to ensure that, i will have up to 12 cuttings, thinned down to eight veg, again thinned to 4-6, therefore a maximum of 24 individuals (although technically there are only 2 (clones from 2 plants))

what is the forum guidlines and how do the authorities see this??
    Last edited by dj #; 03-01-10 at 10:31 AM.