Thread: Sunmaster bulb

Thanks

Default Sunmaster bulb

I ordered a 250w bulb but the box came dented both sides and when you move the actual bulb you can here to stuff inside rattle ?? Safe to use ?? Or send it back I need it as I’m currently using a dimmed 600w bulb to 250w

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chunksdependable For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Only way you going to know is to plug it in and see if it works. If it doesn't send it back.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,884 Times

You shouldn't dim a 600w to 250w... most ballast manufacturers warn against it... Not sure if it's unsafe or just to far a shift in the spectrum.

Yeah, my Sunmasters rattle too... it's the metal post that keeps the filament in place
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Chunksdependable (05-02-20), GEORGE (05-02-20), Growmandave (12-02-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    You shouldn't dim a 600w to 250w... most ballast manufacturers warn against it... Not sure if it's unsafe or just to far a shift in the spectrum.

Yeah, my Sunmasters rattle too... it's the metal post that keeps the filament in place
    Yeah I know mate I just brought ballast last week so used the bulb they give me I’ll swap them over now I don’t thinks it’s dangerous it’s jsut the 600w bulb is meant to run at 600w, I orderd the fucker last Wednesday been waiting all this time for it I’ll plug it in and see lights meant to come on about 6

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chunksdependable For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-02-20), M_C (05-02-20)

Thanks

Every bulb I've had rattled if shaken hard enough so nowt to worry about

Like others have said plug her in and if it works all should be fine if it doesn't send her back

Did you make the person brought it off awere it might be damaged

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cbd captain For This Useful Post:

Chunksdependable (05-02-20), GEORGE (05-02-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cbd captain View Post
    Every bulb I've had rattled if shaken hard enough so nowt to worry about

Like others have said plug her in and if it works all should be fine if it doesn't send her back

Did you make the person brought it off awere it might be damaged
    Yeah mate I did he said he was going to ring Royal Mail but all is working fine thanks

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chunksdependable For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-02-20), M_C (05-02-20)