Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I'm afraid i stunned the growth of my two auto seedlings

Thanks

I grow them in 11 L pots each. I'll start feeding around that time then. Thank you for your time!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thrasher For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-02-20), Kurdt (10-02-20), M_C (10-02-20)

Thanks

keep in mind the plant also puts alot energy in building a decent root system, specially in the beginning
    once it has a decent rootsystem it will put more energy in growing bigger.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jim Nirvana For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-02-20), ggotch (19-02-20), Kurdt (11-02-20), M_C (10-02-20), thrasher (10-02-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Nirvana View Post
    keep in mind the plant also puts alot energy in building a decent root system, specially in the beginning
    once it has a decent rootsystem it will put more energy in growing bigger.

Yes, you're right. I've heard that from you, another user earlier in this thread, and from another source , and you all helped me relax more.In the meantime, i understood that my humidity wasn't as high as it should be at this stage . Now, i put a wet towel in front of the fan ,and i will change it every 12 hours or a day to renew the humidity. One reason might have been my low humidity. I will update once i see some growth in the following days!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thrasher For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-02-20), Jim Nirvana (12-02-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thrasher View Post
    yes, it was yesterday for the first time. close to 2 ML of root Juice and 0.70 Ml of Bio grow both from bio bizz. 100 Ml of water for each plant approx.
    I use bizz nutes dude and even at 3/4 weeks 1ml grow will be too much for autos I use 0.25ml p/l when feeding starts. Watch the hardness of your water too biobizz hates hard water they call it the biobizz curse I believe.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jay_GY For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-02-20), thrasher (10-02-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_GY View Post
    I use bizz nutes dude and even at 3/4 weeks 1ml grow will be too much for autos I use 0.25ml p/l when feeding starts. Watch the hardness of your water too biobizz hates hard water they call it the biobizz curse I believe.

Yes, it was a mistake and i won't use it again until flowering . I've seen the suggestions by bio bizz read 2 ml on second week and i heard a general rule of giving half or less of the suggested dose. I didn't realize i should give even less, and on later weeks, when i use soil. I haven't heard about the biobizz curse , i thought that if i go organic it will be better. The tap water isn't the best quality to where i live, so i use filter in my tap water all the time. I guess filters help reducing the hardness of water too. I hope. I don't know how else to check the hardness of the water.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thrasher For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-02-20), Jay_GY (11-02-20)

Thanks

Yes, it was a mistake and i won't use it again until flowering . I've seen the suggestions by bio bizz read 2 ml on second week and i heard a general rule of giving half or less of the suggested dose. I didn't realize i should give even less, and on later weeks, when i use soil. I haven't heard about the biobizz curse , i thought that if i go organic it will be better. The tap water isn't the best quality to where i live, so i use filter in my tap water all the time. I guess filters help reducing the hardness of water too. I hope. I don't know how else to check the hardness of the water.
    Formulated for Dutch soft waters plant magic do an organic feed for hard water old timers I think it's called seen some people get same results as biobizz worth a thought.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay_GY For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

most common way to stall an auto seedling ive found is to ignore the rh and try to battle on when RH is very low.

get some plastic water bottles cut in half and use them as humidity domes and youll notice increased color and vigor within couple of days.

dont forget to lift the domes to let fresh air in couple times a day,more as they get bigger.

good luck with grow,just remember you need the enviroment to be workable as much as worrying about feed and medium(soil etc) etc ,ie:temperatures with lights on AND off,humdity,fresh air supply,air circulation(internal fan etc)and decent amount of correct light...once youve got the enviroment sorted the plants will do the rest.

but just one of the above becoming out of whack can stall growth and in an auto you simply wont have time to muck about balancing plates and will often endup with a right weedy plant,possibly even a hermy.

one other thing is to become very...patient...impatience has killed many a grow.

as for feeding,as the others have said you shouldnt need to feed for a few weeks really and might have overloaded the seedlings causing something that is termed "lockout",something else that stalls growth.
    personally i know my soil now and i know i dont have to use any grow additives at all,i use root boosters sometimes and then straight into bloom additives,that n water and nothing else,,my herb is sublime everytime now.

plenty of reading on the forum,this will prove invaluable as your grow proceeds.

cheers.
    Last edited by ggotch; 11-02-20 at 09:00 PM.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-02-20), Le chef (11-02-20), M_C (11-02-20), thrasher (12-02-20)

South of Hadrians wall in a tent, in the garden of England
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,269 Times

If you are using all bio bizz nutes you'll need to use grow and bloom together throughout the grow, I start at 1/4ml grow per ltr at the end of week 3 and gradually up the dose to 1.5-2ml by the end of week 5, I then cut the grow down to 1ml plus 1ml bloom and .5ml top max, plus i throw in 1/2 tsp molasses for the microbes per ltr, increasing the bloom and top max as necessary until flush. if you are growing under an LED board you'll need to add extra calcium and magnesium. Hope this helps
    So much to learn, so little time to learn it

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Le chef For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-02-20), thrasher (12-02-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ggotch View Post
    most common way to stall an auto seedling ive found is to ignore the rh and try to battle on when RH is very low.

get some plastic water bottles cut in half and use them as humidity domes and youll notice increased color and vigor within couple of days.

dont forget to lift the domes to let fresh air in couple times a day,more as they get bigger.

good luck with grow,just remember you need the enviroment to be workable as much as worrying about feed and medium(soil etc) etc ,ie:temperatures with lights on AND off,humdity,fresh air supply,air circulation(internal fan etc)and decent amount of correct light...once youve got the enviroment sorted the plants will do the rest.

but just one of the above becoming out of whack can stall growth and in an auto you simply wont have time to muck about balancing plates and will often endup with a right weedy plant,possibly even a hermy.

one other thing is to become very...patient...impatience has killed many a grow.

as for feeding,as the others have said you shouldnt need to feed for a few weeks really and might have overloaded the seedlings causing something that is termed "lockout",something else that stalls growth.
    personally i know my soil now and i know i dont have to use any grow additives at all,i use root boosters sometimes and then straight into bloom additives,that n water and nothing else,,my herb is sublime everytime now.

plenty of reading on the forum,this will prove invaluable as your grow proceeds.

cheers.
    Hello. Such a nice information there. I started off with humidity at around 30% and with the LED lights at 80CM distance. That's what got me behind.now i manage to have a humidity above 50% (usually around 60) and the led lights are at around 50 CM distance.I can't wait to see them grow, if they ever will. I think the growth has stunned before the nutrient dose. The problem is i found too much information on the internet, sometimes contradicting , and i didn't know how to start properly. Managing the PH of my tap water ? or isn't it that important when growing in soil? Feeding on the 10th day or after, 1/3 of the recommended dose( that's what they told me on the shop i bought the seeds), or start later on because my soil pretty much has all the nutes my plant needs? Having Leds on a far distance( found this on some articles) or keep it closer as it doesn't produce much heat like other types?? all these kind of info made me change the set up and being unsure of what's best. either way, this forum helped me get some confidence( thank you all guys) , even if i don't see how am i going to save the girls. Like you said, patience is the key. I will wait some more days and see what happens. For the time being, i don't care about big buds or many. I just want a little bit to do my part , feel rewarded, and start again with better knowledge!

I will update with some photos from the set up and Growth

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thrasher For This Useful Post:

Dale92 (12-02-20), GEORGE (12-02-20), ggotch (12-02-20), Le chef (13-02-20)

Thanks

UPDATE:
    here's some photos as an update from my first photos . The plants didn't grow much, but they did, even if a little bit. The second pair of leaves is bigger than the ones in the photos i uploaded 2 days ago, as a comparison.I raised the RH, i got the led to a closer distance for the plants. The towel and glasses of water are ther for the humidity. let's see.. either way, i'd like to thank you for you time and valuable information!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200212_112138.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	119.5 KB 
ID:	379612Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200212_112159.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	379613Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200212_112209[1].jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	379611
    Last edited by thrasher; 12-02-20 at 10:42 AM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thrasher For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-02-20), Le chef (13-02-20)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast