Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: First grow newbie - input appreciated

Thanks

I think that looks similar...

I can't post links for another 5 posts but if you search : nutriculture amazon aeroponic system

It's a water reservoir with pump in, with a chamber on top for the roots to sit in, multiple sprays, and a side opening to introduce feed.

It seems like a very simple aero system that's relatively cheap and not much to go wrong.

Thanks

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to existence For This Useful Post:

2wasted (14-02-20), CityDweller (14-02-20), GEORGE (12-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,808 Times

So it looks to be a NFT, nutrient flow, system.

Why not start with coco and just grow a few plants? Done well you will get very high yields. Learn how to read and respond to different strains.

Playing around with NFT as a beginner seems like a recipe for disaster to me.

If it was me going down this route, I would need controllers and probes to monitor and control the reservoir. Just my 2c.
    Current Grow (3L coco autos) : Jumper's 2020 shenanigans

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jumper114 For This Useful Post:

2wasted (14-02-20), CityDweller (14-02-20), GEORGE (12-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,884 Times

Quote Originally Posted by existence View Post
    I think that looks similar...

I can't post links for another 5 posts but if you search : nutriculture amazon aeroponic system

It's a water reservoir with pump in, with a chamber on top for the roots to sit in, multiple sprays, and a side opening to introduce feed.

It seems like a very simple aero system that's relatively cheap and not much to go wrong.

Thanks
    Check the rules before posting links... anything that takes you outside of this site & is not a link to a sponsor or news organisation is not permitted...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

2wasted (14-02-20), CityDweller (14-02-20), GEORGE (12-02-20), Uv123_4 (12-02-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by existence View Post
    Ok I have a germination / initial grow phase method...

• Germinate seed in wet paper towel
    • Plant root down in coco or perlite inside propagator to raise humidity
    • When large enough gently wash grow mix off and move to aeroponics propagator kit with neoprene collar for support
    • When large enough move to Amazon system
    personally i plant root up....it will find its way down and the seed has to turn around in the soil to grow to the light...this way in most cases it will lose its helmet during the turn

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	germination-of-cannabis-seeds.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	379615  

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jim Nirvana For This Useful Post:

2wasted (14-02-20), CityDweller (14-02-20), existence (13-02-20), GEORGE (12-02-20), IceCalibur (12-02-20), Jumper114 (12-02-20), M_C (12-02-20), Wags (13-02-20)

Thanks

It's aeroponics rather than NFT as the nutes don't flow over the roots they are sprayed on constantly. I realise aero is not the easiest way to do things but if other people can do it, so can I. I'm not trying to make a quick easy grow I'm doing it as a project.

I'll be sure not to post any links in future just to be on the safe side.

I really like the plant root up idea it makes sense.

Thanks for all the advice so far... I just wish more people would chirp in with advice.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to existence For This Useful Post:

2wasted (14-02-20), CityDweller (14-02-20), GEORGE (13-02-20), M_C (13-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,186 Times

existence doing a lot for your first grow, never though of just starting with the simple...i started at simple and stayed there

over simplifying it, but not by much
    I am everyone and i am no one.

2 x CBD Lemon Potion Auto and 2 x LSD Auto
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...d-2-x-LSD-Auto(finished)

SeedStockers BCN Critical XXL Autoflowering Feminised
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...ring-Feminised(finished with 6oz)

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 2wasted For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (14-02-20), existence (14-02-20), GEORGE (14-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,171 Times

I don't see why the PH for aeroponics would be different than hydroponics. My only thought is that they are trying to counteract the PH increase that happens when tap water is aerated.

Personally I have very little hydro experience but have done a few. I would be using distilled or RO water. This stabilizes the PH agains aeration and eliminates mineral nute binding issues caused by chlorine and chloramine.

I would start with a PH of 5.8 and increase to 6.0 for flower.

I would start with an EC of 0.2 and slowly increase. EC can go up to 1.8 but this is strain dependent. You will need to learn to read the plants. We are here to help. Tomatoes dont read the same as weed. Throw some seeds in and do your best.

I like to pre germ in paper to ensure the seed is viable. If tap is short I plant it up like in image above. If tap is long I plant it down.

Start a dairy and let's see some aeroponics!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

existence (14-02-20), GEORGE (14-02-20), IceCalibur (14-02-20), Jumper114 (14-02-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2wasted View Post
    existence doing a lot for your first grow, never though of just starting with the simple...i started at simple and stayed there

over simplifying it, but not by much
    Thanks, very informative!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to existence For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-02-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    I don't see why the PH for aeroponics would be different than hydroponics. My only thought is that they are trying to counteract the PH increase that happens when tap water is aerated.

Personally I have very little hydro experience but have done a few. I would be using distilled or RO water. This stabilizes the PH agains aeration and eliminates mineral nute binding issues caused by chlorine and chloramine.

I would start with a PH of 5.8 and increase to 6.0 for flower.

I would start with an EC of 0.2 and slowly increase. EC can go up to 1.8 but this is strain dependent. You will need to learn to read the plants. We are here to help. Tomatoes dont read the same as weed. Throw some seeds in and do your best.

I like to pre germ in paper to ensure the seed is viable. If tap is short I plant it up like in image above. If tap is long I plant it down.

Start a dairy and let's see some aeroponics!
    Thanks for taking the time to post lots of advice.

Water chlorine and chloramine ... I plan to use Ecothrive Neutralise Water Conditioner. Adding a drop's worth for each litre of feed ensures the effects of chlorine and chloramine are completely nullified. Water is immediately safe to use apparently, but I plan to let water rest for an hour. Distilled or RO water may cost me a fortune... i'm not sure how much water an aero system would use but the res is 50l... that's a cost of 150 on water. Something I'll look in to further, thanks.

Any reason for raising the PH to 6 during flower? Is there a more efficient intake of PK at higher PH maybe?

Will definitely diary it all I am sure there will be ups and downs along the way but it'll be a fun journey.

Here's my nutes plan with the EC taken from Jeff a Mountaineer and Canna grower. It was the only real measured plan I could find to follow. I was worried the EC might be a bit high initially and have thought about feeding just water until the first 3 pairs of leaves have sprouted, as I read that all the nutrients for the initial growth are in the seed.

Starting / Rooting 3-5 days
    Light 18h
    Aqua Vega
    Rhizotonic
    EC 0.7

Initial Veg 2 weeks
    Light 18h
    Aqua Vega
    Rhizotonic
    Canazym
    EC 1.3

Veg/Flower tranisiton 2-4 weeks / Final training
    Light 12
    Aqua Vega
    Rhizotonic
    Canazym
    Canna Boost
    EC 1.2

Flower 2 weeks
    Light 12h
    Aqua Flores
    Rhizotonic
    Canazym
    Canna Boost
    EC 1.4

Flower 1 week
    Light 12h
    Aqua Flores
    Rhizotonic
    Canazym
    Canna Boost
    PH13/14
    EC 1.6

Flower 2 weeks
    Light 12h
    Aqua Flores
    Rhizotonic
    Canazym
    Canna Boost
    EC 1.0

Final Flower / Flush 1-2 week
    Light 10h
    Canazym
    Canna Boost
    EC 0

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to existence For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (14-02-20), GEORGE (14-02-20), Jumper114 (14-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,808 Times

A good RO unit will set you back 50 quid. I would not be without mine as my background EC is way too high.

I generally get through 15lt a day. That is on 5 plants.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jumper114 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (14-02-20), existence (14-02-20), GEORGE (14-02-20)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast