View Poll Results: mod a wilma vs rdwc

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • xl180 wilma modded 8 plant and recirculating 1000lph feedlines

0 0%
  • rdwc really usefull 84l x4 64mm returns x2 on each front n back spray bar feed 4000lph

0 0%
  • somthing els il explain on my post

0 0%

Thread: wilma mod vs rdwc build

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,381 Times

Default wilma mod vs rdwc build

Ive got access to both my modded wilma or almost made rdwc in really useful boxes.

8 plants on me wilma and im 1.2gpw

Rdwc ive not done in years...

I duno what to set up what wud you all do

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrGreen For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-02-20), WhIpLaSh (13-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

Quote Originally Posted by DrGreen View Post
    Ive got access to both my modded wilma or almost made rdwc in really useful boxes.

8 plants on me wilma and im 1.2gpw

Rdwc ive not done in years...

I duno what to set up what wud you all do
    I've done both and enjoyed them both but the yield on the rdwc run couldn't be touched by the Wilma, even though there were lots and lots of steep learning curves. If you know what you're doing, you should exceed 1.2gpw with rdwc pretty easily. I can only imagine what's possible with rdwc once you have everything dialled in properly. Horses for courses, mate.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

andymac (22-04-20), British green (13-02-20), GEORGE (13-02-20), IceCalibur (13-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

rdwc for the win.
    if its proper set up, you cant fail

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-02-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhIpLaSh View Post
    I've done both and enjoyed them both but the yield on the rdwc run couldn't be touched by the Wilma, even though there were lots and lots of steep learning curves. If you know what you're doing, you should exceed 1.2gpw with rdwc pretty easily. I can only imagine what's possible with rdwc once you have everything dialled in properly. Horses for courses, mate.
    What is it that makes them superior.
    Looking at it there both exactly the same aslong as i turn my water over in the wilma to create more do

Surelly both would be equal right what makes the rdwc tower over the wilma

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DrGreen For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

What is it that makes them superior.
    Looking at it there both exactly the same aslong as i turn my water over in the wilma to create more do

Surelly both would be equal right what makes the rdwc tower over the wilma
    The growth in rdwc just exceeded what I experienced in the Wilma. Bear in mind, I was using clay pebbles on the Wilma, you've modded your Wilma. Perhaps yields would be negligible then.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-02-20), IceCalibur (14-02-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhIpLaSh View Post
    The growth in rdwc just exceeded what I experienced in the Wilma. Bear in mind, I was using clay pebbles on the Wilma, you've modded your Wilma. Perhaps yields would be negligible then.

My mods going rocket fuel now. Adding 7 tank connectors in 40mm and a res control fop fed spray bar
    slappin 2000lph on spray bar and 1000lph to flume the res
    and 1000ph twin feed for current pushing off a t in the middle sits on floor fuming res push to centre of Wilma

As drains will be off each side it will alow confirmation that all water has been mixed as its pulled out and thrown back in to the top to disturb the water surface

No airstone this is 14 recirculation an hr. So I'm going to upp my pumps to 4000lph and add my spray bar in 2 1m squares and increase hole size recude number of holes. Allowing more current on the surface and more water moves this wil give me 17 recirculation plus 4 from the mixer flume so il hit 21 recirculation.

This is the same as current culture's method of 22 recirculation so I should pull trees

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrGreen For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-02-20), WhIpLaSh (15-02-20)

Thanks

My mods going rocket fuel now. Adding 7 tank connectors in 40mm and a res control fop fed spray bar
    slappin 2000lph on spray bar and 1000lph to flume the res
    and 1000ph twin feed for current pushing off a t in the middle sits on floor fuming res push to centre of Wilma

As drains will be off each side it will alow confirmation that all water has been mixed as its pulled out and thrown back in to the top to disturb the water surface

No airstone this is 14 recirculation an hr. So I'm going to upp my pumps to 4000lph and add my spray bar in 2 1m squares and increase hole size recude number of holes. Allowing more current on the surface and more water moves this wil give me 17 recirculation plus 4 from the mixer flume so il hit 21 recirculation.

This is the same as current culture's method of 22 recirculation so I should pull trees
    Hi Dr. Green,

Did you decide on resurrecting the wilma or going RDWC? I’m currently setting up a modded wilma and would love to see some pics of your system, sounds proper...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyco For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-03-20)