Thread: Hanging Quantum Boards as high as possible in tent

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,680 Times

Default Hanging Quantum Boards as high as possible in tent

i have 2 240w quantum boards panels. Currently using many zipties to tie them as high as i could in the tent, it is not ideal because it's not perfectly straight. It would be way easier if I had another roof pole to secure all 4 corners instead of having 2 on 1. Anyone hang theirs high and got any pics of how they do it thank you

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oJAE For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-02-20), vividled (19-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Quote Originally Posted by oJAE View Post
    i have 2 240w quantum boards panels. Currently using many zipties to tie them as high as i could in the tent, it is not ideal because it's not perfectly straight. It would be way easier if I had another roof pole to secure all 4 corners instead of having 2 on 1. Anyone hang theirs high and got any pics of how they do it thank you
    Can't you make your self another pole?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

oJAE (15-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,680 Times

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    Can't you make your self another pole?
    that's an idea i'll look into getting a lenth of pole the same diameter. I take it it would just be a case of tapping the end closed with a hammer and then shaping it around something so it's curved?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to oJAE For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

that's an idea i'll look into getting a lenth of pole the same diameter. I take it it would just be a case of tapping the end closed with a hammer and then shaping it around something so it's curved?
    I would think so, just take one of the others out, and use it for A pattern.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

oJAE (15-02-20)

Thanks

Hi I've had some custom wire hangers made that are only 6" long so you loose as little hanging height as possible for those in your situation. It's another vivid led USP. Would you like me to send you some over buddy?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vividled For This Useful Post:

gardro (24-02-20), GEORGE (19-02-20), IceCalibur (19-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

Lots of ways to get creative

Eyebolt in each corner, 1 long ziptie thru 2 bolts at each end and round the one pole into a tight triangle shape, can keep em high and creates a nice pivot point for getting them straight

Or use the existing holes and run paracord thru the top under the heatsink and back out the top on the other side at each end to create a sling and tie it off to your outer tent poles.

My drawings suck ass but you get the idea hopefully

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	light.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	380045

NO SELL, NO SMELL, NO TELL!!!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-02-20), Valentina (25-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Ive doubled up my hanging wires previously so one hanging wire goes across both holes and then its hooked in the middle.

You use 2 wires instead of 4 and is still very stable.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-02-20), IceCalibur (25-02-20), Valentina (25-02-20), vividled (26-02-20)