Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Household problems

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Stickysticky View Post
    Thanks all I've had window open for about hour it's dried out a lot and doesn't seem to be leaving any marks. So could just be condensation damp. I'm not home now by time I get back probably all dried up but I'll see what I can do. Better to be safe than sorry

Before and after. After getting some fresh air in the place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is this the inside of a external corner of your house?

If so I'd happily believe that your guttering got over whelmed by the amount of water that came down and ran over the top and out the back
    Probably running down your cavity and hitting the wall insulation resulting in ya damp patch

in a green and pleasant land

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

cough (18-02-20), G' (18-02-20), GEORGE (17-02-20), M_C (17-02-20), Stickysticky (17-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,502 Times

Sorry guys been busy at work

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_GY View Post
    Dry it out with a fan heater whack some ronseal damp seal on it paint over it. Open a window circulate air get it checked when the grows done if it comes back.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
    Might be best option, in running autos so at least they won't take to long

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    Is this the inside of a external corner of your house?

If so I'd happily believe that your guttering got over whelmed by the amount of water that came down and ran over the top and out the back
    Probably running down your cavity and hitting the wall insulation resulting in ya damp patch

Strangely enough a women at my partners work suggested guttering she must have had this problem before and that couldn't happen in our case. Maybe I should have put more detail. In the picture there is the roof and one wall it external and the other wall is internal. Our house is three story and the guttering would leak into the third floor floor if anything and the issue is in the corner/roof of the third floor. Thanks British and sorry for not explaining in more detail. I hope I also make sense

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

British green (17-02-20), G' (18-02-20), GEORGE (17-02-20)

Thanks

Basically our third floor floor isn't higher than the guttering

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Is higher than the guttering ! Sorry my bad

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'd still say it's a external issue more than something that your tent is causing
    If it's your tent I'd say windows in the room would be heavily condensated and any other cold surfaces would be the same if not damp

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

cough (18-02-20), G' (18-02-20), GEORGE (17-02-20), IceCalibur (18-02-20), Stickysticky (17-02-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    I'd still say it's a external issue more than something that your tent is causing
    If it's your tent I'd say windows in the room would be heavily condensated and any other cold surfaces would be the same if not damp

I see where your coming from there like and the window doesn't even get that much condensation on it just slightly. It dried out fine and didn't even leave a mark or nothing. I'll kee a eye on it. Surely the plaster board wouldn't dry out like that if it was wet through but I don't know

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

British green (18-02-20), CityDweller (18-02-20), G' (18-02-20), GEORGE (18-02-20)

Thanks

There's lots of probably causes to this and I'd personally want to get it sorted especially if it was my own property

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (18-02-20), GEORGE (18-02-20), Stickysticky (18-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,984 Times

Has the dry out coincided with drier weather? It might seem silly but it's been windy and the rain sideways at times, it could be a one off.
    STICK YOUR SKINS AND SPIN UP

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cough For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (18-02-20), GEORGE (18-02-20), Stickysticky (18-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,157 Times

Does look like a damp spot..

I’d tend to agree with m_c in its source.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bud_Wiser For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-02-20), Stickysticky (18-02-20)

Thanks

It has got me confused to be fair, it dried out with the window open in 1-3 hours and looks like nothing was ever there. we have still been getting plenty of rain but a tad less windy maybe. It could be possible that rain was blow in somewhere it shouldn't have got like said, the internal wall had the biggest damp patch on it but on the other side of that wall the internal, external and roof was dry as a bone. I agree with what British said and if it was condensation you would imagine the room would have to be very sweaty.

Hasn't come back and I'm leaving the window open like I use to just in case it somehow was condensation. Feels a lot less humid now and I've just always know leaks to leave marks but maybe that is down to the amount of water

I just need to figure out where to move the tent to before I get it looked at.

It's as Dry as a nuns cunt now and doesn't feel soft or damaged

Thanks for everyone's time I appreciate it guys !

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

British green (20-02-20), cough (18-02-20), GEORGE (18-02-20)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast