Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Advice please!

Thanks

Default Advice please!

Hi All,

I’m trying to grow a mother plant and it’s yellowing as well as other def problems. I think it’s a shock/water/nutrient issue but I’m not confident diagnosing. I must admit I topped and impatiently transplanted the plant in too short of a window (within about 5 days) so not sure if I shocked it and then over-saturated the medium with too much water.. Its taking forever to dry out properly and the plant looks like shes pissed off!

If anyone has any feedback or could help guide me in the right direction I’d appreciate it! I’ve written as much as I can down so sorry for the long one.

Medium: Plagron Batmix with added perlite
    Strain: Short flowering, Indica Dominant, feminised photo & purchased in a store. I’ve lost the packet but I’ll update when I find it
    Photoperiod: Photo
    Pot Size: 20ltr
    Potted: I potted up around 2½ - 3 weeks ago from 10ltr to 20ltr pots - Yellowing followed
    Nutes: BioBiz Grow, Plant Magic Bio-Silicon, Epsom Salts (I've got fishmix & algamic being delievred today)
    Air Temps Max 30c
    Ait Temps Min 23c
    Air Temps Average: 25-27c
    Humidity: 30-45% (sitting at a stable 34% at the moment)
    Lighting: 600w HPS (was 250w mh until last week but temps were too low @ average 19c)
    Lighting Schedule: 24/0 (to maintain temps) - It drops to 12c with lights off so i'll battle this when I get round to flower, probably with an oil filled rad.
    PH Level: Not sure yet but around 6.5 - 7.5. I have a PH soil tester (reading 7), I have a digital pen on order being delivered today.
    Background EC: I haven’t got a clue.
    Tent Size: 80x80x160mm

I must admit that I’m very un-confident with water so I’ve always avoided looking into it properly (i.e ec, ph etc). I’ve got a soil ph/light/water meter that’s reading around 7 but I know its the ph going in and out I should be looking at so I ordered a ph pen.
    I live in a hard water area and the quality here is terrible. My taps get covered in limescale and if I don’t use a filter on my kettle it scums up real quick. I’ve considered an RO system but I can’t afford one right now. I’ve filled up a huge storage box with water so the chlorine etc can evaporate off. I’ve used this in previous grows and I think its helped. I'm not sure if this is connected to the issue or if I just over-saturated and shocked the plant when I topped it then transplanted it a few days later.

I’ve read Fishmix and Algamic might help with hard water and stress? I’m going to swap the BioBizz Grow out for the fishmix and add the algamic to it. Will this bring a bit of colour back to her?

What do you think, ph problem or just shock and saturation?

I'm thinking of feeding but only a very little in the very middle of the pot to give it something to eat but avoid saturating it again and starving the roots of oxygen. Should I do this today or should I just hold fire until it dries out better? If i stick my finger into the top of the soil it feels damp but not wet. The soil tester says its wet within the first 2 inches. The pot is relatively heavy but its 20ltrs with a decent plant in it so hard to tell. Lifting it up feels like the bottom 1/4 is still saturated. I drilled extra drainage holes int he pot so that should be ok.

When it was under the 250w mh, I wrapped the pot in insualtion to stop the roots being exposed to colder temps lower in the tent. Is this the done thing, I've not seen others doing that on this forum but it seemed logical to me. Its still wrapped under the 600w, should I remove it?

I appreciate your help and feedback peeps. Sorry for the lights on pics, I wasn’t planning on using the photos for this I just wanted a record for myself as my memory is shit!

Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12th Feb.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	116.4 KB 
ID:	379792   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13th Feb.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	379793   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15th Feb.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	112.2 KB 
ID:	379794   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	17th Feb - wet after foliar feed.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	112.0 KB 
ID:	379795   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18th Feb.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	116.6 KB 
ID:	379796  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Autosmim For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,941 Times

Vegging plant no worries just give enough water and nutes. Ec should be 0.8 to 1.0. humidity on 50-70%

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

Autosmim (18-02-20), GEORGE (18-02-20)

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply mate.

Don't you think she looks a bit limp and yellow? Is ec that important with soil?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Autosmim For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-02-20)

Thanks

I dont have much control over humidity as its in the loft and pulling cold air in from there, if it rains outside the RH spikes a bit. Should I put a cup of water in there or something or spray the walls with water?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Autosmim For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-02-20)

Thanks

Get a humidifier
    I only grow in coco so my knowledge is limited.
    If your soil is just normal soil without additives, you should be feeding base nutes for veg i suppose.
    They look over watered to me... What ia ur feed schedule

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ok ibe read ur post quickly its too long for me.. water more... Not just the center.. n i guess ita inadequate watering and some cal/mg deficiency..

Give it a good water now x3 pot size so 10 L pot give 30 L tap water

Then adjust yer ec and ph (dont think ph is necceasry with soil ask the pros)

Water to at least 30% runoff when pot gets lightweight.. 2-3 waterings per week should do, i guess.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Change over to plant magic hard water nutrients or use soft bottled water Biobizz is no good for hard hard water and don't PH it either it's buffers in the soil if your PHing up or down then this would have direct impact upon nutrient uptake.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jay_GY For This Useful Post:

Autosmim (18-02-20), GEORGE (18-02-20), Jim Nirvana (20-02-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_GY View Post
    Change over to plant magic hard water nutrients or use soft bottled water Biobizz is no good for hard hard water and don't PH it either it's buffers in the soil if your PHing up or down then this would have direct impact upon nutrient uptake.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the comment mate. So you think it's the Biobizz locking out N? Should I flush? I'm using a 30 litre pot (which hasn't rooted to the sides yet I don't think) so that'll be 90 litres! It seems excessive to me. 90 litres of bottled water will cost a fortune in the local shop! I got the fishmix today (the algamix didn't arrive yet). Is fishmix no good also?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Autosmim For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-02-20), Jay_GY (19-02-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shreder View Post
    Ok ibe read ur post quickly its too long for me..

Water to at least 30% runoff when pot gets lightweight.. 2-3 waterings per week should do, i guess.
    Yeah sorry for the long one.. I appreciate your input bro.

That's exactly what I would usually do but as it isn't taking in the water the pots are staying quite heavy. Would it be right to flush an overwatered plant? Baring in mind I potted up from 10 to 20 litre pots only a few weeks ago.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Autosmim For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-02-20), Shreder (19-02-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Autosmim View Post
    Yeah sorry for the long one.. I appreciate your input bro.

That's exactly what I would usually do but as it isn't taking in the water the pots are staying quite heavy. Would it be right to flush an overwatered plant? Baring in mind I potted up from 10 to 20 litre pots only a few weeks ago.
    Its vegging so all good no harm done..

Let dry... Couple days.. week.. w/e..
    You could foliar feed while not watering, once per day before lights off i suppose is okay..

Once dry, flush, then start feeding correctly.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

Autosmim (19-02-20), GEORGE (19-02-20)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast