Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: (Looking for) Roots information and general advice

Thanks

Nah don’t worry it’s all good information some of us will use or steal from it haha

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Geordie_grower For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (26-02-20), GEORGE (26-02-20), toblue (26-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,310 Times

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    Hello Tom lad.
    A few changes since we last talked. Like you I have ditched the RDWC system probably the best decision I made despite the cost of setting up the RDWC good riddance I say. Hated everything about RDWC and couldn't control the root rot no matter what, sterile or live it always came back even with low temps.

Mate of mine has a IWS system and he can't put a foot wrong despite being very lackadaisical about almost everything he still does well.

When I say I ditched my system I converted it to a sort of top feed recirculating system with all of the roots safely in rockwool croutons (changing to 60/40 clay/coco for next grow). I feed 3 times a day for 15 minutes each feed.

I've upped my ec to around 1.8 max (0.2 or less background) and upped my PH to 6.3 as I was getting calcium deficiency, seems to have sorted it.

Feeding GH 3 part and like it but took me a while to get the ratios right. No flowering boosters or PK just silica and root booster with a dash of Maxicrop. I may try a change for my next grow as PH does need adjusting on almost a daily basis (it is dropping). I fancy a run with Botanicare Pure Blend Pro + Atami Bloombastic + silica + root booster + Cal/mag.

Best of luck mate, here is a picture of my chopped up RDWC very DIY top feed recirculating system, no airstones collecting pathogens just a waterfall into the epicenter. recirculating 24/7.

Sorry for hijacking your thread Geordie mate

Attachment 380071

Attachment 380072

Attachment 380073

Attachment 380074

Attachment 380075
    Nice one toblue.!
    Sounds sweet pal, im just going to be using basics canna rhizo and a&b with budda silicone. And probs gonna use dutch pro explode.

Best of luck mate. And nice diy setup and yea i can see why you call it a very diy setup haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Toms Iws Flood & drain system using coco. 2020.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...ems-using-Coco

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tom222 For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (29-02-20), GEORGE (29-02-20), toblue (29-02-20)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6