Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: (Looking for) Roots information and general advice

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,174 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Check on amazon or ebay CD . Its listed in the seed mix i have but i cant find it anywhere around here thats for sure .

Coco also can be used as a wetting agent . 5% give or take . Above that calmag issues occur
    Juts looked it up and it's an extract made from the roots. Guess I'll have to start growing these myself because digging them up in the wild is a bit crazy.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cleargreen For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-02-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    Fucking deborah meaden over here spotted the flaw in the mrk1 version of the soon to be "Greengrass Air Ninja " We have a new upgraded version with a bevelled edge on the inside!! Where roots grow around the hole Patent pending called the Air Ninja Pro and comes with a drill bit

But instead of drilling it would be much cleaner to use a hole punch and punch 5 or 6 sheets at a time.

A hole punch the same size of slightly smaller than the flat part on these protrusions. If it's slightly smaller it will fold the remaining edge outwards.
    As the base you can use a sheet of the same material laid over some 50x50mm plastic coated fencing mesh.
    Last edited by Cleargreen; 24-02-20 at 01:00 AM.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cleargreen For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-02-20), Greengrass (24-02-20), IceCalibur (24-02-20), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (24-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

RAW Yucca: 100% Water Soluble Yucca Extract
    RAW Yucca is made from 100% natural yucca extract from the plant Yucca Schidigera. It can be used as wetting agent for nutrient solutions and foliar sprays and is great for flushing excess salts from the root Zone. When used on soils, it helps water and nutrients penetrate deeper and more evenly into the root zone. We recommend adding a pinch (1/16 tsp per 5 gallons) RAW Yucca to all foliar, nutrient and flush solutions. Works in conjunction with all nutrient and feeding programs.

Yucca extract is a natural surfactant or wetting agent. Yucca schidigera contains saponins, a soapy, steroidal-like substance that acts as a natural spreader/sticker for horticultural use. It only takes a little yucca extract to be effective. As little as 1/16th teaspoon will treat over 5 gallons of water. Yucca helps water and nutrients penetrate deeper into the root zone, and yucca’s natural cleaning action helps keep drip emitter lines from clogging.

Great to Add to Foliar Sprays
    Surfactants like yucca extracts are great to add to foliar sprays. Water is a polar molecule; it holds a small positive charge on one side of the water molecule and a negative charge on the other. That’s why water beads up on a waxy surface. But the natural saponins in yucca extracts depolarize the water molecule, allowing foliar sprays to spread out more evenly on the waxy leaf surface. The thin film that is created covers a greater surface area on the leaf for better and more even absorption by the plant cells.

RAW Yucca Helps with Water and Nutrient Absorption
    Yucca in and of itself is also good for plants, helping with water and nutrient absorption and acting as a plant protection agent. For example, yucca extracts are taking the place of copper sulphate in much of Europe to help prevent and treat fungal diseases such as apple scab. Yucca offers a natural alternative to petroleum-based surfactants and chemical sprays, and it’s completely safe for the environment. Yucca is great for flushing excess salts from plant roots. Nutrient salts tend to build up in the growing medium due to repeated wetting and drying of the fertiliser mixture. Over time, the salt build up makes it harder and harder for the plant to take up water, and the plant begins to suffer from salt stress. Yucca makes water “wetter”. Its surfactant action allows the water to penetrate deeper into the soil and flush away more of the accumulated salts from the root zone. As a result, plants are able to use water more efficiently and recover more quickly from the symptoms of drought stress.

Valuable Addition to Microbial Inoculants
    Organic yucca extracts are also a valuable addition to compost teas and other microbial inoculants. Since yucca contains complex sugars, it is a stable carbon source for plant-growth-promoting microorganisms in the root zone. Microorganisms convey many benefits to plants, including the mineralization of organic matter, improved root growth and induced resistance to pests and disease. So over time and with continuous use, yucca will help stabilise soil pH, decrease soil compaction, and increase the availability of essential trace elements to the roots.

Yucca Helps Minerals & Organics Keep in Suspension
    Yucca extracts are sometimes added to concentrated nutrient formulas, especially when mixing mineral salts with organics. Yucca helps keep minerals and organics in suspension with each other in concentrated form. Sometimes the higher molecular weight organic molecules tend to settle out of solution. But if the solution contains yucca, a quick shake will disperse everything back into suspension for the perfect blend. Yucca extracts foam when shaken or vigorously stirred, though, so yucca is usually added to the mixing tank last.

Directions for Use
    Add 1/16 to 1/8 tsp per gallon in reservoir for irrigations. Apply directly to soil or foliage as needed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	81BJEXPvhYL._AC_SY741_.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	380028
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (24-02-20), GEORGE (24-02-20), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (24-02-20), tom222 (24-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,310 Times

Hay toblue hows it going lad.!?

Im interested to know your line of nutrients now your using recirculating system.?
    I have an iws pro system and use coco although im pretty new to this system its doing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Toms Iws Flood & drain system using coco. 2020.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...ems-using-Coco

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tom222 For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (24-02-20), GEORGE (24-02-20)

Thanks

Well this post has done great and there is some really good information and discussions I hoped the air pots etc would be brought up too and all the different styles as I think they are fairly key feel free to add more anyone haha I’ve spoke to my mentor friend and mentioned Epsom salts and he frowned saying salt it usually used to kill stuff I wouldn’t use it personally so why is it so useful?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Geordie_grower For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (24-02-20), GEORGE (24-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,808 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_grower View Post
    Well this post has done great and there is some really good information and discussions I hoped the air pots etc would be brought up too and all the different styles as I think they are fairly key feel free to add more anyone haha I’ve spoke to my mentor friend and mentioned Epsom salts and he frowned saying salt it usually used to kill stuff I wouldn’t use it personally so why is it so useful?
    For the calcium and magnesium
    Current Grow (3L coco autos) : Jumper's 2020 shenanigans

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jumper114 For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (24-02-20), Geordie_grower (25-02-20), GEORGE (24-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_grower View Post
    Just have a Google of Epsom salt for cannabis plants and be prepared to be surprised
    Atb chap

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (24-02-20), Geordie_grower (25-02-20), GEORGE (24-02-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tom222 View Post

Im interested to know your line of nutrients now your using recirculating system.?
    I have an iws pro system and use coco although im pretty new to this system its doing well.

Hello Tom lad.
    A few changes since we last talked. Like you I have ditched the RDWC system probably the best decision I made despite the cost of setting up the RDWC good riddance I say. Hated everything about RDWC and couldn't control the root rot no matter what, sterile or live it always came back even with low temps.

Mate of mine has a IWS system and he can't put a foot wrong despite being very lackadaisical about almost everything he still does well.

When I say I ditched my system I converted it to a sort of top feed recirculating system with all of the roots safely in rockwool croutons (changing to 60/40 clay/coco for next grow). I feed 3 times a day for 15 minutes each feed.

I've upped my ec to around 1.8 max (0.2 or less background) and upped my PH to 6.3 as I was getting calcium deficiency, seems to have sorted it.

Feeding GH 3 part and like it but took me a while to get the ratios right. No flowering boosters or PK just silica and root booster with a dash of Maxicrop. I may try a change for my next grow as PH does need adjusting on almost a daily basis (it is dropping). I fancy a run with Botanicare Pure Blend Pro + Atami Bloombastic + silica + root booster + Cal/mag.

Best of luck mate, here is a picture of my chopped up RDWC very DIY top feed recirculating system, no airstones collecting pathogens just a waterfall into the epicenter. recirculating 24/7.

Sorry for hijacking your thread Geordie mate

Name:	P1030750.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	131.6 KB 
ID:	380071

Name:	P1030749.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	128.4 KB 
ID:	380072

Name:	P1030756.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	380073

Name:	P1030757.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	125.9 KB 
ID:	380074

Name:	P1030752.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	121.5 KB 
ID:	380075
    Last edited by toblue; 25-02-20 at 01:42 PM.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (25-02-20), GEORGE (25-02-20), IceCalibur (25-02-20), tom222 (25-02-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tom222 View Post

Forgot I have also changed to sterile system using PoolShock chlorine every 4-5 days will probably dose every 3-4 days in the summer if temps rise, at thge moment I need aquarium heaters in there to keep the temp up

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (25-02-20), GEORGE (25-02-20), IceCalibur (25-02-20), tom222 (25-02-20)

Thanks

I'm using these right now and started her in a smaller pot of the same type, unfortunately I didn't take a picture during transplanting.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cleargreen For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-02-20), IceCalibur (25-02-20), toblue (25-02-20)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast