Thread: Clear trichs turning milky during drying?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,941 Times
    Provided Answers: 23

Default Answered: Clear trichs turning milky during drying?

Hey talkers just chopped an early branch at day 60 couple nights ago, is it possible that clear trichs turned milky? Cuz last time i checked at day 55 or so, there were many clear trichs.... So either 5 days on the plant did magic or what title says... Ur thoughts?

Sorry no trich pic

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

2. "
    Quote Originally Posted by Shreder View Post
    Hey talkers just chopped an early branch at day 60 couple nights ago, is it possible that clear trichs turned milky? Cuz last time i checked at day 55 or so, there were many clear trichs.... So either 5 days on the plant did magic or what title says... Ur thoughts?

Sorry no trich pic

Yes, as the buds cure, they also change at times. Check them again after they are 10 days dry, and you will see A big difference."

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (21-02-20), cough (21-02-20), GEORGE (21-02-20), YahMan (22-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times
    Provided Answers: 105

Sorry no trich pic

Yes, as the buds cure, they also change at times. Check them again after they are 10 days dry, and you will see A big difference.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (21-02-20), cough (21-02-20), Jumper114 (21-02-20), Shreder (22-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,808 Times
    Provided Answers: 17

^^^^^^^^ what he said :-)
    Current Grow (3L coco autos) : Jumper's 2020 shenanigans

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jumper114 For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (21-02-20), cough (21-02-20), GEORGE (21-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,984 Times

Hmm so in theory cloudy could turn amber? Interesting.
    STICK YOUR SKINS AND SPIN UP

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cough For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (21-02-20), GEORGE (21-02-20), Valentina (21-02-20)

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cough View Post
    Hmm so in theory cloudy could turn amber? Interesting.
    No theory, that's exactly what happens most times...

Trichomes have a life cycle of there own, the 'colour' changes from clear (shouldn't harvest at this point as the cannabinoids production hasn't started yet), turning to milky which is at the point of full maturity, (then amber Which is in fact the THC starting to oxidize..

The point in which you chop your plants is totally down to a growers personal choice, the more clear generally means a more 'heady' high, a higher 'cloudy' then amber ratio will mean a more 'sedative' high..

Which is why we post similar images to this, so that a newer grower can get a basic understanding on when to chop ;

Last edited by IceCalibur; 21-02-20 at 08:49 PM.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (21-02-20), cough (22-02-20), GEORGE (21-02-20), Greengrass (21-02-20), Shreder (21-02-20)

Thanks

Just like white pistols become brown trichomes get darker too.. Not all the time though. I had a grow that had pistols and trichomes not changed untill I smoke them (than they become grey Ash...)

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to YahMan For This Useful Post:

cough (22-02-20), GEORGE (22-02-20), Shreder (22-02-20), Valentina (22-02-20)

Thanks

I was just surprised that it carried on maturing after chop. It answers some questions, I've always believed weed keeps curing, even bagged up street weed.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cough For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-02-20), Shreder (22-02-20), Valentina (22-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,941 Times
    Provided Answers: 23

Quote Originally Posted by cough View Post
    I was just surprised that it carried on maturing after chop. It answers some questions, I've always believed weed keeps curing, even bagged up street weed.
    Sure, 90% of street weed where I am is uncured... when im dry and purchase i will most likely get an ounce n cure for a week at least.. brings back taste and smell even to buds that were left open in the air..

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

cough (22-02-20), GEORGE (22-02-20), Valentina (22-02-20)

Thanks

Sure, 90% of street weed where I am is uncured... when im dry and purchase i will most likely get an ounce n cure for a week at least.. brings back taste and smell even to buds that were left open in the air..
    I did that once, I used a cook in sauce chilli con carne jar, washed it a million times, bleach the lot. I wound up with chilli tasting weed lol It was ok but the weed was nice anyway. I get you though, I once knew a bloke, just wanted money, didn't even smoke. He was all I knew, my man had just been nicked and I was off the scene. He did a grow of Psychosis he wouldn't listen to me about trichomes and loups and just went by the 8 weeks it said on the pack. It was shit, he had loads of it. I would rather not smoke than buy it. About a month later I call him and he's still got loads of it, I decide to get a bit and fuck me, it was evil lol, I couldn't get enough and told no cunt lol.

Sorry, long story.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to cough For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-02-20)