Thread: Can this be Nutrient Burn? Defficiency? Over Watering? - Help with Outdoor Crops Plz!

Thanks

Question Can this be Nutrient Burn? Defficiency? Over Watering? - Help with Outdoor Crops Plz!

Hi everyone, I am a grower from Uruguay and have some plants in my garden; they were doing fine until I noticed some time ago that one of them had branches starting to turn yellow and burn at the tips, and another one seems to be going that way as well.

They are growing in 100 liter (aprox. 26 gal) plastic pots (they are half barrels actually) to which I made holes at the bottom for drainage. The soil is made up of compost (40%), ordinary garden soil (40%), perlite (10%) and coco-fiber (10%).

They are around the 8th week of flowering (for Northern Hemisphere that would be equivalent to end of August).

I have not been following a fertilizing program, I just added 15-15-15 granulated fertilizer 3 times on the soil surface which dissolved with successive waterings (around 6-10 grams each time per plant), together with Mono Potassium Phosphate dissolved at 6 grams/5 gallons, also twice. All fertilizers were added when flowering had begun, I didn't fertilize on veg.

They are growing outdoors in full sun and sometimes windy conditions. I water them every day using around 1-2 liters for each plant (0.25 - 0.5 gal), with water pH 7.

I appreciate any comments to know if there is something I can do at this point to save the plants and harvest. Thanks a lot to anyone who can give me some advice!

SPECS

Soil or hydro or coco: Soil

Strain: Moby Dick F1 Hybrid (Moby Dick x Unknown)

Photo or Auto: Photo

plant age: 5 months

pot size: 100 liter (26 gal)

has it been repotted? and when?: Repotted from small pot on october (4 months ago)

Soil type: compost (40%), ordinary garden soil (40%), perlite (10%) and coco-fiber (10%)

Nutes or additives used and how often for soil:
    15-15-15 NPK 3 times since December (6-10 grams each time per plant)
    0-50-30 Monopotassium Phosphate 2 times on February (6 grams in 5 gallons, applying 0.5 gal per plant)

Air temps (max min): 10-30 C (50 - 86 F)

Res temps (max min): (not sure what Res means)

Humidity: -

lighting type and wattage (hps, led, cfl): Full Sun

Light schedule: Outdoors

ph level: -
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2020-02-22 at 2.59.34 PM.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	112.0 KB 
ID:	379962   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2020-02-22 at 2.23.26 PM (3).jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	379963   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2020-02-22 at 2.23.26 PM (2).jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	104.5 KB 
ID:	379964   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2020-02-22 at 2.23.26 PM (1).jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	379965   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2020-02-22 at 2.23.26 PM.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	379966  

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QuajuPeg For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (22-02-20), GEORGE (22-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,458 Times

Looks to me like you've gone to heavy on the PK your only supposed to start flowering nutes when stretch has stopped and flowers are begging to form

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Amnesia auto For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-02-20)

Thanks

After about 2 weeks into flower you need to stop the nitrogen, no more 15-15-15. Give them a good flushing with water and then start back up with the P/K, decent soil used the first time should have most of the nutrients you need, go easy on the fertilizer.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Phytoplankton For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-02-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phytoplankton View Post
    After about 2 weeks into flower you need to stop the nitrogen, no more 15-15-15. Give them a good flushing with water and then start back up with the P/K, decent soil used the first time should have most of the nutrients you need, go easy on the fertilizer.
    Thanks bro. I also just recently noticed that the ones burnt receive full midday sun. I have others on partial shade that have not had this problem (yet). I wonder if the sun could also have something to do with this. Maybe varieties developed indoors for generations can't stand certain amounts of sunlight and get burnt (I am just guessing). Strange thing though is that they didn't get burnt until now, fully into flower.

In any case I think I'll take it easy on the nutrients for a while and see how they develop.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to QuajuPeg For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-02-20)

Thanks

Thanks for your reply!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to QuajuPeg For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-02-20)