Thread: Help my weed is giving me a headache

Thanks

Default Help my weed is giving me a headache

My bud seems to be giving me a bit of a head ache back of neck. Makes me a lil dizzy and sicky not very nice, grown in pro + with growers ark soft water nutes never at full feed used their pk boost because the bloom is low in p and their flush product before plain water over 2 weeks before chop.
    Im still 2 weeks in to drying and hoping I can cure it out but Ive had this happen before thought it was the guano I was using at the time, and it didn't cure out. I dont know what Im doing wrong my feeling is its the pk boost but I used less than half the recommended kept the ec under 1.3 Ive tried googling it but cant come up with anything hoping you guys might have some answers

Cheers

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rstar For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (25-02-20), G' (25-02-20), GEORGE (25-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

What strain is it brother and have you checked for any slight signs of mold ??? what is the RH of the bud ??? if you did a 2 week water flush that should have gotten rid of any traces of nutes you have been using, i assume if you had sprayed with anything you would have mentioned this so a bit of a puzzler to me mukka, all the best bro' G'.
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (25-02-20), cough (25-02-20), GEORGE (25-02-20), Rstar (26-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,984 Times

How did you come to the decision to chop? Did you look at trichomes with a loup/magnifier? Does sound like a too soon chop but this is not your first grow....
    STICK YOUR SKINS AND SPIN UP

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cough For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (25-02-20), G' (26-02-20), GEORGE (25-02-20), Greengrass (25-02-20), Rstar (26-02-20), Valentina (25-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Any chance of it having any banners in it ???
    Pollen from the plants can give you a nasty headache from smoking it .
    Mold spores normally make ya cough like feck and then give you a chest infection as they start to grow in ya lungs .
    Weed with mold in it or pollen should not be smoked imho

in a green and pleasant land

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (14-03-20), CityDweller (25-02-20), cough (25-02-20), Dr Green (25-02-20), G' (26-02-20), GEORGE (25-02-20), IceCalibur (25-02-20), Lowrollerbean (25-02-20), Rstar (26-02-20)

Thanks

Hey G its a MoB, Ive not been a big fan of the bluberry crosses Ive grown so far and after trying another small piece today I think blueberry might not be my cup of tea although I do like a bit of blue cheese.
    My RH is 45-65 in check just about. Drying at 62 atm not seen no bud rot. They did get a spray of liquid seaweed once or twice in veg nothing heavy or in flower
    Cheers

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rstar For This Useful Post:

G' (26-02-20), GEORGE (26-02-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cough View Post
    How did you come to the decision to chop? Did you look at trichomes with a loup/magnifier? Does sound like a too soon chop but this is not your first grow....
    Hey cough, the flowering time on the seeds is 45-55 days she did start looking mature at week 7-8 I chopped at 9 week the trichomes wasn't as milky as Id liked but thought she was done. Im kinda thinking you maybe right tho a lil premature not quite racy but the buzz just dont feel right

Cheers

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rstar For This Useful Post:

cough (29-02-20), G' (26-02-20), GEORGE (26-02-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    Any chance of it having any banners in it ???
    Pollen from the plants can give you a nasty headache from smoking it .
    Mold spores normally make ya cough like feck and then give you a chest infection as they start to grow in ya lungs .
    Weed with mold in it or pollen should not be smoked imho

in a green and pleasant land
    Hey britishgreen, I never heard that. Theres been no "banners" Ive noticed but have had them in the past few runs and that was the bud I was referring too that I couldn't cure out the headache from, so that makes alot sense to me, it was non viable and didn't show up till last week of flower so left them alone lol and you're right there was a harshness to the smoke too nice one BG.
    I smoked some more today didn't get headache but didn't enjoy it. I probably haven't grown her to her potential to fully appreciate what she has to offer I think I will start paying more attention to the trichomes rather than the plant as a whole,
    Cheers

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rstar For This Useful Post:

Adriaanoo (28-02-20), G' (26-02-20), GEORGE (26-02-20)

Thanks

I second the premature harvest suggestion. It happened to me a few times in the distant past, the headache is horrible. It only happened before I got a magnifying loupe and when I was using the breeders flowering time as a guide. Plants are part of nature and sometimes some of them take longer to mature than expected. The good news is that the trichlomes can continue to mature as they are dried and cured, the longer you can cure them for (before they become completely dry) the more they will mature. Hopefully they didn't have too long to go and you can catch up during curing. Of course they won't be as matured as plants that were dried the same but were harvested later but that should just mean a little less CBD and bit more of a sativa up-and-active high. That's not always a bad thing, I've had it with a plant that was way too 'couch-locking' (DP Blue Moonshine) in it's normal state but harvesting early meant that it was still a heavy body stone but nothing like as debilitating as it was when I waited for the trichlomes to turn amber before harvesting. Hope it all works out, good luck.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Green Jay For This Useful Post:

cough (29-02-20), GEORGE (29-02-20)

Thanks

ive had this now and again from different strains and growers so cant put finger on it but its usually as most others are pointing towards our lack of patience as a human and not waiting haha sounds like you did it all correct otherwise bud hopefully it matures in the jar for ya

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Geordie_grower For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-02-20)

Thanks

flush them harder or maybe try organic nutrients / other nutrients

20. The Following User Says Thank You to JimmyDickenz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-04-20)