Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hi yall

Thanks

Default Hi yall

Hi yall.

I'm just trying to get my head around nutrients and feeding.

With a 600 watt hps, 3 fem of kush and 1 critical kush. 3 weeks in from seed and 3 nodes up.

And with 1 compo grow and I also have calmage and warrior 9/8

I have one or two questions

As I understand it you use 1 compo in very small amounts and water.

There is yellowing starting to appear and they appear dry but also I think show signs of over watering.

When would you use the calmage and warrior?

And by these pictures, have over watered? Or over/under given 1compo grow?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200225_204401.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	380110   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200225_204301.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	380111   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200225_204311.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	380112  

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heardygurdy For This Useful Post:

G' (26-02-20), GEORGE (25-02-20)

3. Default

Hello and welcome to the forum Heardygurdy, sorry to read you're having issues!

I'm not sure about this 'compo' but I would definitely look to allow a dry cycle when watering..many new soil growers feel like the medium used needs to be constantly saturated but that is simply wrong and will be a contributor to many problems.

Allowing the soil to get relatively dry (not 'bone dry'), allows oxygen to enter the medium and your plant will love you for it!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Talking

Welcome to the talk dude, enjoy.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

G' (26-02-20)

Thanks

Cheers mate. I originally presumed I've over watered. So I've not watered for a day and the one plant that was all turning yellow kinda, and it seems a little more green today.

But another plant that was looking totally fine the other day. Now has lower leaves starting to go yellow. And tad brown spots. Which I believe is nitrogen deficient? So now I don't know if it needs no water and to dry or needs a feed. Lol. What should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forum Heardygurdy, sorry to read you're having issues!

I'm not sure about this 'compo' but I would definitely look to allow a dry cycle when watering..many new soil growers feel like the medium used needs to be constantly saturated but that is simply wrong and will be a contributor to many problems.

Allowing the soil to get relatively dry (not 'bone dry'), allows oxygen to enter the medium and your plant will love you for it!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heardygurdy For This Useful Post:

G' (26-02-20), GEORGE (25-02-20), IceCalibur (25-02-20)

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Heardygurdy View Post
    Cheers mate. I originally presumed I've over watered. So I've not watered for a day and the one plant that was all turning yellow kinda, and it seems a little more green today.

But another plant that was looking totally fine the other day. Now has lower leaves starting to go yellow. And tad brown spots. Which I believe is nitrogen deficient? So now I don't know if it needs no water and to dry or needs a feed. Lol. What should I do?
    What soil are you using exactly?...at this stage, there is usually enough nutrients in the soil still.. even with those 'light' versions.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

South of Hadrians wall in a tent, in the garden of England
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,269 Times

Hi Heardygurdy Welcome.
    So much to learn, so little time to learn it

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Le chef For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm using coco mate. I've been told there aren't any nutrients in it. I'm exactly 3weeks from seed today, I wasn't going to water today and then see what it's like in the morning and then I don't know if to just water with 6ph water or put a little of the all in 1 veg bottle I have "Dutchpro original grow 1compo'

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heardygurdy For This Useful Post:

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Heardygurdy View Post
    I'm using coco mate. I've been told there aren't any nutrients in it. I'm exactly 3weeks from seed today, I wasn't going to water today and then see what it's like in the morning and then I don't know if to just water with 6ph water or put a little of the all in 1 veg bottle I have "Dutchpro original grow 1compo'
    Ohhhhh coco!

Yes, absolutely right, coco is indeed inert and you will need to water/feed them once daily at the least..so please ignore everything I said above as I thought you were in soil.

Do you have a PH and EC pen?..what background EC do you have?..have you researched coco at all?

I have no experience at all with this 'Dutchpro original grow 1compo' though...

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,780 Times

Your Dutch Pro is a soil nute
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I was told use the 1como but start with 25% of the recommended on the bottle and slowly increase each week when the plant gets stronger. But now these signs are showing on the plant and I've looked into nutrients more and now it just totally confused me more.

I'd get rid of them all and use what you'd recommend though if you have advice for me?

I have a ph pen but no Ec pen. Guy at the shop said it's not needed but was going to purchase one this Friday when I'm paid.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heardygurdy For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast