View Poll Results: Whose poem do you like the most?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • UpInSmoke1990

1 3.57%
  • Murdock

0 0%
  • RASTA

17 60.71%
  • Lowrollerbean

1 3.57%
  • Herbitual

5 17.86%
  • Master Kief

4 14.29%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Poem Competition - Voting Stage for the THCtalk Custom Ashtray!

1. Talking Poem Competition - Voting Stage for the THCtalk Custom Ashtray!

Poem Competition - Voting Stage for the THCtalk Custom Ashtray!

Thank you to all of the members who got involved or even posted in this original thread, which can be seen here - Linky it's appreciated

I really just wanted to do something nice for you all, and have a bit of fun, I really enjoyed reading all of the poems entered... but the decision is not mine!..it is for the THCtalk members to decide who wins this cool THCtalk Custom Ashtray!

The Poems in the order they were entered

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UpInSmoke1990

There’s one here’s the first entry with a poem
    About a new member who didn’t know about growing
    Failed a couple times because of pests an over soaking
    But Icecalibur, gaz,sadface an a couple other brothers helped me keep on going

Until I learnt the basics an made it to a harvest
    But the lesson learnt the most was that patience was the hardest
    Now I’m sat back pretty high from fruits of labour grown myself
    An I gotta say myself when it’s home grown it goes the furthest....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Murdock

Surfing the site in 2011 I came across a site that took me to heaven,
    Checking through threads from all these cool heads
    We spoke to one another and grew weed from a mother,
    We all want the same, to communicate with others,
    Growing weed and speaking to brothers,
    So I,d like to say thank you to thc
    For teaching me the ropes and growing trees

RASTA

Uhh.....its all good baby baby.

It was all a dream, a used to read 420 magazine.....salt n pepper chips. N sunny D was the cuisine. Stickin posters on my wall.....saying take me to your dealer. And ones of Bob Marl. Sometimes ad rise a bucket....n the fucker would pop. Smoking weed in Glesga.....gettin chased aff a cop.

Way back, when a had the black n white KAPPA track......with the flame hat to match. A remember my dog Duke....he could run far. A never thought my interest in weed.....woulda took me this far.

Now am on the TALK right!.....n ma buds are tight. No dealers gettin paid.....growing trees high as the world trade. Coco grower.....opposite of a mud slinger. A remember gettin bombers from joints.....that was a right stinger.

Peace to MC, Bud Lightyear n Blue......keeping this place together, for old and new. Am growing weed like you knew a would.....different crib, same number, same hood. Its all good.

And if ye couldnt grow, now you grow talker

I made the change, from the bud not being nice......to growing good personal n chattin with Ice. Now what can a say, I smoke cheese at my work all day.....spread love, its the TALKS way. Jack n lemonade keep me tipsy.....my dealers burd used to kiss me. Now she sends texts, cause she miss me.

I never thought it could happen, this growing stuff......I was to used to smoking rocky n guff. Now me and buds are close, like butter on toast.....From Maryhill, down to Saltcoats. Big grow in Queenslie estate.....gettin chopped in weeks. Some talkers dont get me.....cause of how a speak.

Been a Talker for years.....puttin smiles on faces, n even some tears. My lunches, and brunches gettin posted on threads......Jumper comes in, and shakes his fuckin head. All different types on the Talk, from the hills to the hood......and all our bud is good.

And if you couldnt grow, now you grow Talker

Lowrollerbean

Thctalk has a member named rasta, who thought he could make his fruits grow much faster, he trimmed and he probed but growing he could just not master,
    Till along came budlightyear, who's buds made him tremble with fear, with his P and his K
    He'd flush them all day and this is the reason his hair has gone grey, Then ice came along to whip up a joke, because the whole forum knows that his weed is shit to smoke, so he packed up his bong and went up the road where stumbled on M_C licking a toad, he licked it left, he licked it right he licked that toad like angel de-lite, till the toad turns and says "hey man what's up" ill get murdock with his home grown couchlock....

Herbitual

Dust particles spiral through a gap in the curtains,
    A wave of my hand makes it all much less certain,
    But why would I change the chaos and confusion,
    For a joyous moment of altered allusion?

Thanks to The Talk from us still in soil,
    And for putting up with our pathetic turmoil,
    We've tried to deny that there is another way,
    But when truth be told, it'll be worth the outlay.

So when your airpot is dry and inert,
    And you consider offering it one more organic squirt,
    Perhaps it's the time to re-consider the coco,
    Just before the soil makes you go fucking...I just can't think of the last word, TBH.

Master Kief

I know of a place, so special to me.

I stumbled upon here

2 years it must be.

Deep in side, I lost all hope.

Life was becoming too much and i felt I could not cope.

The talk was there for me
    In my moments of despair.

How can I thank you
    for all of your care?

I came here feeling lost, and now I am found, especially by the members who still follow me around.

Growing weed felt at first very wrong

abit like the time I had my very first bong.

It tickled my throat and made me cough.

Then it made me push out a huge broth lmao

The talk is about helping people coming together,
    And to share their experiences on the outdoor weather lol

The weather is always shit
    here in the uk

But the beauties really come out in the coming months of May.

Flowers big as tennis balls, stems as thick as trees,

My harvest is almost done, and I am anxiously very pleased.

Wait one second, those balls ain't flowers, I have a male, fml!!!

Good luck to all who entered!

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (27-02-20), CityDweller (26-02-20), Cleargreen (26-02-20), Dr Green (26-02-20), G' (26-02-20), GEORGE (26-02-20), jake420 (01-03-20), Lowrollerbean (26-02-20), M_C (26-02-20), RASTA (28-02-20), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (02-03-20), turnkey (02-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,200 Times

Had to be rasta for me since I've been a biggie fan for years and to be honest he nailed it...good luck everyone and thanks again for the comp ice

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lowrollerbean For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (27-02-20), CityDweller (26-02-20), Cleargreen (26-02-20), Dr Green (26-02-20), GEORGE (26-02-20), IceCalibur (26-02-20), M_C (26-02-20), RASTA (28-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Talking

My vote is in, some nice poems guys.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (27-02-20), CityDweller (26-02-20), Cleargreen (26-02-20), Dr Green (26-02-20), IceCalibur (26-02-20), Lowrollerbean (27-02-20), M_C (26-02-20), RASTA (28-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

Vote is chosen. Now to head to my PC.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (27-02-20), Cleargreen (26-02-20), Dr Green (26-02-20), GEORGE (26-02-20), IceCalibur (26-02-20), M_C (26-02-20), RASTA (28-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,186 Times

I will love you all long time if you let me win haha. That ash tray is beautiful!!!

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dr Green For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (27-02-20), CityDweller (27-02-20), Cleargreen (26-02-20), GEORGE (26-02-20), IceCalibur (26-02-20), M_C (26-02-20), RASTA (28-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,174 Times

Great poems this and a very difficult choice. I'll let it sink in an have a look at them again tomorrow.

Well scratch that last bit, vote is in
    Last edited by Cleargreen; 26-02-20 at 09:32 PM.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cleargreen For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (27-02-20), CityDweller (27-02-20), Dr Green (27-02-20), GEORGE (26-02-20), IceCalibur (26-02-20), M_C (26-02-20), RASTA (28-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,920 Times

I'm on the desktop site but cant find the option to vote only the 10 plant vote is showing

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to newgrowerr For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (27-02-20), CityDweller (27-02-20), Cleargreen (27-02-20), Dr Green (27-02-20), GEORGE (27-02-20), IceCalibur (27-02-20), M_C (27-02-20), RASTA (28-02-20)

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by newgrowerr View Post
    I'm on the desktop site but cant find the option to vote only the 10 plant vote is showing
    It's right above my first post, here is a pic...

Last edited by IceCalibur; 27-02-20 at 12:38 AM.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (27-02-20), CityDweller (27-02-20), Cleargreen (27-02-20), Dr Green (27-02-20), GEORGE (27-02-20), M_C (27-02-20), RASTA (28-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,186 Times

Come on baby, just 3 more and I'll tie with Rasta lol

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dr Green For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (27-02-20), Cleargreen (28-02-20), GEORGE (27-02-20), IceCalibur (27-02-20), Lowrollerbean (27-02-20), M_C (27-02-20), RASTA (28-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 59,501 Times

Cant believe only 6 people took part in this. That is some prize imo. Beautiful.
    Thanks for the time n effort you put into this prize Ice. N good luck to whoever wins it. Awesome prize man.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RASTA For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (28-02-20), Dr Green (28-02-20), GEORGE (28-02-20), IceCalibur (28-02-20), Lowrollerbean (28-02-20), M_C (28-02-20), Trex (28-02-20)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast