Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: The great Slurricane and purple sunset adventure

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shreder View Post
    Slurricane a bit leggy isnt it? Whats the lineage of this strain bro? Seen it on ig many times looks real premium

Love the light training on little one..

Current grow https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...d.php?t=183445

Completed: GSC, GZ, LSD with Bud Lightyear https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...d.php?t=181038
    Yea i was actually a bit surprised by that, but I guess really didn't know what to expect either. We did lollipop her to show off some of her legs. As long as its a decent yield I'll be good with it. The lineage is purple punch and dosi dos. Seeing the lineage and her on Instagram made me pull the trigger on getting her. I could've waited to order as inhouse genetics has been having sales like crazy lately, and this was one of them...
    Thanks, the little purple sunset endured stress in the beginning which is why I think she's that height. Yet she's also indica dominant so I'm not sure how much bigger she would get anyway. We decided to try and open her up as much as possible to maximize yield

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B.R.E.W. For This Useful Post:

hotshot (14-05-20), Shreder (14-05-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,821 Times in 2,132 Posts

Gotcha mate lookin fab anyways
    Wedding cake, do si dos, purple punch, all on my list probably for next grow... Would you go with Barneys Farm for these strains mate? Dont care to do some pheno hunting

Completed: GSC, GZ, LSD with Bud Lightyear https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...d.php?t=181038

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

B.R.E.W. (15-05-20), hotshot (14-05-20)

Thanks

Gotcha mate lookin fab anyways
    Wedding cake, do si dos, purple punch, all on my list probably for next grow... Would you go with Barneys Farm for these strains mate? Dont care to do some pheno hunting

Thanks bro . I guess next time we could play with the height of the lights to keep things more under control. I'll just have to put some ratchet straps on them.
    As for getting those from Barney's, I'd say it's probably worth a shot. We grew a strawberry lemonade from Barney's that smelled and tasted great. I still smell the empty jar sometimes,lol. We have an orange sherbert from them in the vault still that we will grow out eventually.
    What I personally have done was search around, and also read diaries (if I could) to see who put out the best pheno of a particular strain I was interested in, and how much it would cost. Then weigh my decision from there.
    I'm not really set up at this point to hunt for phenos either..
    Last edited by B.R.E.W.; 15-05-20 at 01:03 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B.R.E.W. For This Useful Post:

hotshot (15-05-20), Shreder (15-05-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B.R.E.W. View Post
    Thanks bro . I guess next time we could play with the height of the lights to keep things more under control. I'll just have to put some ratchet straps on them.
    As for getting those from Barney's, I'd say it's probably worth a shot. We grew a strawberry lemonade from Barney's that smelled and tasted great. I still smell the empty jar sometimes,lol. We have an orange sherbert from them in the vault still that we will grow out eventually.
    What I personally have done was search around, and also read diaries (if I could) to see who put out the best pheno of a particular strain I was interested in, and how much it would cost. Then weigh my decision from there.
    I'm not really set up at this point to hunt for phenos either..
    To some extent, im.willing to hunt.
    I.e last grow popped 2 seeds of each(3 strains). Kept 2 out of 6 phenos. Next run would probably do 2 strains x 4 seeds etc etc... Not gona grow 20 seeds to keep one kinda worthless if you aint breeding urself is how i see it..

And i am very happy with both barneys LSD and Gorilla Zkittles... Top genetics honnestly

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

B.R.E.W. (15-05-20), hotshot (15-05-20)

Thanks

Week 11.. here we go.

Slurricane:
    She's fully in flower mode now, and drinking around a gallon of solution a day, whether it's nutrients or water. She's looking good, and doesn't look heat stressed anymore. She may be needing a light defoliation again eventually. I can't wait until she really starts stacking up. The spacing (as also mentioned above by Shreder) in between her nodes tells me I probably needed to bring the light down a little more. Live and learn. As long as I pull a decent yield of some sticky icky I'll be content

Ppm: 1220
    Ph: 5.99
    Res: 80°F

Purple sunset:
    Looks like she's still stretching a little bit, and hasn't really went into flower yet. She is what they call a "late bloomer". Which kind of sucks as I want her and her sister to finish around the same time so I can get the other two in veg transferred over. Her leaves still look weird and it's probably permanent damage. I can't really pinpoint what it is. I've ruled out ph as her numbers have been pretty consistent, and can only chalk it up to the wind from the fan and possibly heat...? I don't know. Her solution intake is slower, but I'd say maybe around half a gallon a day. I recently did some light defoliation on her and took off some of the weird leaves that I could.

Ppm: 762
    Ph: 6.08
    Res: 80°F

Overall:
    Leaving the door open has helped with heat and is a MUST at this point until we kick on the central air. Where I'm from the heat,humidity, and dew point can get really high. The flower tent has a temperature of 85° F when the room is open and up to 89° F when we have it shut. I know some strains can handle it, while others can't. I'd rather not leave it to chance. The dehumidifier fills up about every few days, and i have that set at 40% RH. Crossing my fingers that purple sunset kicks it into flower, and am thinking of how I could push her so she can.

Hope everyone has a good rest of their week, and memorial weekend if you happen to partake, or atleast get to enjoy the time off from work
    Last edited by B.R.E.W.; 20-05-20 at 12:16 AM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B.R.E.W. For This Useful Post:

hotshot (20-05-20), jake420 (29-05-20)

Thanks

Week 12

Slurricane:
    She's really starting to kick into bud production at this point. She got a defoliation to open her up so the light can reach the lower buds. I've randomly squeezed a stem right under a flower site and the smell I've gotten I would describe as a grape candy funk. The crystals she's showing on her leaves is pretty impressive and I hope there's more where that came from. She's still drinking around a gallon a day, and seems to love nutrients. Her ph seems to drop if I don't give her any.

Ppm: 1330
    Ph: 6.1
    Res: 78°F

Purple sunset:
    Is finally in full flower mode now. She was stretching still the past couple weeks for whatever the reason, but has now since stopped, and kicked into flower hard. Any new growth she has, has been healthy looking. I feel the problems we did have with her subsided. She's drinking around half a gallon a day, and is just starting to kick out some crystals on her leaves. She's a straight up bush, and also got a defoliation. I've tried to pick up a smell from her, and i would at this point describe it as kind of citrus?

Ppm: 699
    Ph: 6.0

Overall:
    Central air has been on and makes a difference. It now stays a comfortable 76-78°F in there. They do top out at 80°F sometimes, but I/they can live with that. The humidifier keeps them below or at 50% RH, and i plan in trying to get that even lower in late flower.
    We got a new ph pen and finally put it to use. Its called an: Apera.. funny thing is that this pen reads at a higher ph than our old pen. So I'll have to investigate further into it. It said no calibration needed right out of the box, but I'm gonna do it anyways to make sure.
    I'm hoping for a middle to late June harvest for atleast slurricane. Purple shouldn't be too far behind if she can catch up. Weird how she popped first, but was behind ever since. If the other two in the veg tent are ready to be transferred over, then purple will probably just stay in the flower tent until she's ready..
    Hope everyone has a good weekend, cheers
    Last edited by B.R.E.W.; 29-05-20 at 11:15 PM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to B.R.E.W. For This Useful Post:

2Relax (31-05-20), hotshot (30-05-20), jake420 (29-05-20)

Thanks

Here we are at week 13...

Slurricane-
    Still doing her thing, gathering frost and building up in bud density. She'll drink water one day, nutes the next. It switches back and forth every other day. She's been getting liquid koolbloom in every feed, and has been slightly increased until we've seen slight tip burns

Ppm: 1450

Purple sunset-
    She's behind her sister still, but is ramping up on fattening status. If I were to guess I would say she's around a couple weeks behind her sister, for whatever reason...

Ppm: 734
    Ph: 5.8

Overall:
    Short and sweet update. I don't really have anything new to add in terms of major development, and it's really a waiting game at this point. It's just a matter of making sure the numbers stay consistent and they stay happy on their way to harvest time. That has indeed been the case. Slurricane will probably start getting dry koolbloom in around a couple weeks I'm guessing. Purple sunset I can see staying in the tent longer and the ones (which look fantastic btw) in the veg tent will be sharing space with her.
    Thanks for swinging by
    Last edited by B.R.E.W.; 03-06-20 at 11:26 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B.R.E.W. For This Useful Post:

hotshot (04-06-20), Shreder (03-06-20)

Thanks

Love it brew
    Nice coating on slurricane

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

B.R.E.W. (03-06-20), hotshot (04-06-20)

Thanks

Love it brew
    Nice coating on slurricane

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk
    Thanks shreds. Can't wait to try her out, but I gotta be patient

18. The Following User Says Thank You to B.R.E.W. For This Useful Post:

hotshot (04-06-20)

Thanks

Week 14:

Slurricane-
    Still fattening up, stacking crystals, and gets alternating water and nute feedings every 1-2 days. Did a trichome check the other day, and still seeing alot of clear. I did notice maybe one Amber, but that was on a sugar leaf. If I had a better camera I'd take a picture of them

Ppm: 1810
    Res: 73°F

Purple sunset-
    Fattening up even more now, but still has alot of long white hairs. I'll be interested to see if any purple will start to show from her.

Ppm: 918

Overall-
    Another short and sweet post, and I could see them staying this way from here to harvest when it comes to posting. I'm just riding it out until they get chopped. Im probably beating a dead horse when i say they've been pretty low maintenance at this point and their numbers have been very consistent. Purple sunset will definitely be in the tent longer and in hindsight we probably should've waited to start the other two in the veg tent. They are gonna be monsters, and should be going into flower in 2 weeks.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B.R.E.W. For This Useful Post:

hotshot (10-06-20), Shreder (09-06-20)

Thanks

Week 7 for these two... gonna be monsters. Wow...

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B.R.E.W. For This Useful Post:

hotshot (14-06-20), Shreder (15-06-20)

Thanks

Week 15

Slurricane:
    Just eats and drinks, but I'll be dialing down my base nutrients by around half at this point, and start incorporating dry koolbloom. I have noticed she's getting some nute burn on her tips and edges from us pushing her. I'd personally like to get her finished up in a couple weeks if possible. Pending on how her trichomes are of course. Shes feeling dense and smells great. Side branches are getting top heavy, and more orange pistils are showing up daily, so that's a sign of encouragement.

Ppm: 1825

Purple sunset:
    Getting fatter and eating like it. Her ppm has increased significant and it doesn't seem like she minds. I threw the idea out to the misses about also starting to give her dry koolbloom, but I guess she wants to wait on that. The smell from her is also amazing, and i can't wait to see her reach the end. Looks like she'll be the only girl in the tent eventually. For a couple weeks anyhow..

Ppm: 1015

Overall:
    Just waiting and waiting. They say patience is a virgin, or is that virtue? Anywho, the air temperature and humidity have been on point and everyone is happy for the most part. Next step to think about eventually, is having control over drying in the same area. That will be interesting.
    Last edited by B.R.E.W.; 17-06-20 at 12:07 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to B.R.E.W. For This Useful Post:

hotshot (17-06-20)

Thanks

Frosty af
    Small nugs tho. I heard thats usual for all these premium genetics

Current grow

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...-Covid-19-Grow

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

B.R.E.W. (17-06-20), hotshot (17-06-20)

Thanks

Frosty af
    Small nugs tho. I heard thats usual for all these premium genetics

Current grow

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...-Covid-19-Grow
    Yes I've read the same thing as well. This being the first time I've grown anything premium I wanted to see what she was all about. There's a sale on the slurricane #7 right now, which is supposed to be the better pheno out of it. 10 fems for $130 usd. I almost bit, but past up last minute. She's selling real fast..
    We usually cut the big buds down a little bit when trimming anyways, and as long as the overall yield is decent I'll be ok with it. Her buds feel nice and dense too. I always hope to get anywhere between 4-6 oz average. The more the merrier of course. I could see this (both overall plants) leaning more towards the 4 side than the 6 though.
    With this just starting to be a perpetual, we should make it til next harvest (every 2 months on average). Would be even longer if the misses didn't want to smoke so damn much

28. The Following User Says Thank You to B.R.E.W. For This Useful Post:

hotshot (17-06-20)

Thanks

Week 16

Slurricane:
    Welp here we are towards the "end" of the road for her. When realistically she still has atleast a couple more weeks in my opinion. I have been adding dry koolbloom, and she is starting to turn from clear to milky. Her base nutrients have been cut in half as well. Her ppm is rising and her ph is dropping(slowly). Her intake has also slowed a tad. It was at 5.6 when I added ph up. The ppm is the highest I've seen, and i plan on adding water to lower it. She still is looking fine, covered in crystals from top to bottom, and her lower branches are dropping from the weight being put on.

Ppm: 2463
    Ph: 5.9 (phadded)
    Res: 68°F

Purple sunset:
    Has started to just show a few orange hairs, and her buds are getting their swoll on. Her trichomes are still clear, but she's well on her to the later stage of flower I'd say. I ran out of dry koolbloom so I will be trying moab on her when the time comes. Her ph has stayed steady even with the ppm being increased. I almost wanna trim away a few leaves, but am not sure yet.

Ppm: 1293

Overall:
    The end is nye, eventually. Sometime this week I'll hook my usb microscope up to slurricane to get a more accurate look. If her density stays as it is, I'll be happy. Her and purple sunset smell amazing. Sampling by the 4th of July would be awesome, but probably won't happen.
    By the time the ones in veg go into flower they will be 10+ weeks old

30. The Following User Says Thank You to B.R.E.W. For This Useful Post:

hotshot (23-06-20)

Thanks

Week 17

Slurricane:
    Is pretty much all milky with some Amber starting to come in. Her daily intake has been slowing down. We've just been adding water to lower the ppm. I think we will do that through this week, pump the nutrient water out, and then add water with Flora kleen for around 4 days to get rid of any excess salts. She may get the chop sometime next week. Hopefully by around that time she'll be anywhere between 15-25% amber. She's leaning over a bunch and we had to use plant ties to hold up her branches.

Ppm: 2241
    Ph: 5.7

Purple sunset:
    She's turning way more milky, getting fatter, and getting more orange hairs daily. Her intake hasn't seemed as much either. We started adding moab powder with base nutes cut in half to get her towards the finish line. She won't finish at the same time like her sister, but I'm gonna guess she will possibly get chopped a week after her sister does, give or take...

Ppm: 1592
    Ph: 5.9

Overall:
    Finally nearing the finish with these two, and i can't wait at this point. They both smell delicious and are covered with frost. Slurricane has started turning a little bit purple toward her top colas. Purple sunset I haven't noticed much yet, but she still has time. I tried hooking up the usb microscope, but my computer was being really slow. Yield wise: realistically, I'm gonna guess 4-6 oz. I'd be surprised if it's any more than in that range
    What I also can't wait the most for, is getting these ones from veg into flower. I see alot of supercropping and work in general in the near future...
    Last edited by B.R.E.W.; 30-06-20 at 12:38 AM.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to B.R.E.W. For This Useful Post:

hotshot (30-06-20)

Thanks

Week 18/chop week!:

Slurricane-
    Officially got her res completely changed, and started getting flushed on Sunday with Flora kleen. I'd say at this point she's over 5% amber, and will get chopped later in the week. The fall colors on her leaves look pretty.

Ppm: 49
    Res: 67°F

Purple sunset-
    We also made the decision to flush her on Monday and chop her later this week. The trichomes are milky, and I have yet to really see a significant amount of amber. But they are starting to show. Her pistils are mostly orange and curling in. While we usually like to wait to see more amber, her harvest window is open.

Ppm: N/A
    Ph: N/A
    Res: N/A

Overall-
    Its time to get these girls done, and i will follow up with pics of the chop when it happens. This might possibly be the earliest we've harvested, but I'm ok with it knowing the harvest window is open. Maybe we'll dig the effects of an earlier harvest. Would I personally like to push it to 1-2 more weeks? Yes, but we have the veg tent to think about now. And as soon as those get transferred to the flower tent, we are gonna hold off popping any more seeds for atleast a month. We jumped the gun a little too early, and have 2 monsters to deal with now..haha
    Last edited by B.R.E.W.; 07-07-20 at 10:50 PM.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to B.R.E.W. For This Useful Post:

hotshot (08-07-20)

Thanks

Lights are officially off as what's been said it's best to shut em off a couple days ahead of the chop...

36. The Following User Says Thank You to B.R.E.W. For This Useful Post:

hotshot (09-07-20)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5