Thread: Grower from way back, first time growing with LED.

Thanks

Default Grower from way back, first time growing with LED.

Hi, I'm a former grower who is returning to the hobby and am excited to try the new tech and strains. I will be growing feminized autos starting with Berry Ryder and Trans Siberian (I know they are not new) on a 20/4 schedule to avoid a seperate vegging chamber. When I last grew LEDs were considered as ineffective, but so many people grow under them now I'll be giving it a shot with 2 x 600w in a 60x120x180 tent. I'm a little nervous about how 'budget' the lights were, £30 a piece for 600w (not 600w from the wall). The plan is to have two plants going in (and two out) every 30 days to give a 'perpetual harvest' without overcrowding the space. I will be growing in 30litre containers in order to reduce the need for added nutes and act as a buffer against over/underfeeding etc. I'm returning to growing after working out how much I spend on weed each year, I smoke recreationally and my wife smokes both to help with her hormonal anger as she is on hormonal anti cancer meds (tamoxifen) for the next 10 years as she had breast cancer. We get through about a gram a day each and scaling that up to a year it's about £6,500. When I was growing previously there were some forums online but the internet had not exploded in the way it has now and with legalization in many places I'm hoping the quality of information has gone up too. My target is a about 30g per plant (two plants per month), I know this is a low target I may reduce to one plant per month if I am exceeding my needs. If I can advise I will (based on my outdated experience), but also hope to use all of you guys to get the best I can out of all this too. Happy growing guys.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Green Jay For This Useful Post:

existence (01-03-20), GEORGE (29-02-20), Mac (29-02-20), RASTA (29-02-20), Valentina (29-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 59,501 Times

Welcome aboard Jay. Enjoy your stay man

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RASTA For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-02-20), Mac (29-02-20), Valentina (29-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

Welcome aboard and welcome back to the hobby

There are plenty of really knowledgeable folks on here who will see you right.

30g per plant in that space is a very low expectation imo, and I think you will be pleasantly surprised with how far autoflower genetics have come (even the shit ones :lol: )

Without more detail on the lights we cant give you a good appraisal of their potential, but I would suggest when funds allow its one of the first areas you look to upgrade, depending on what ventilation you have in place. No smell No sell No tell. Get a good carbon filter and fan system in place before you start looking to upgrade anything else.
    Big fancy lights aren't much good to you if you have already been ousted by smell :P

NO SELL, NO SMELL, NO TELL!!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-02-20), RASTA (29-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Talking

Welcome to the Talk, Green Jay, enjoy dude.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Mac (01-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,984 Times

Welcome back to the game GJ
    STICK YOUR SKINS AND SPIN UP

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cough For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-02-20), Mac (01-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,310 Times

Welcome back bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Toms Iws Flood & drain system using coco. 2020.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...ems-using-Coco

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tom222 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hi,

I switched from HPS to LED on my last grow, started off with a light that sounds similar to what you have and it was useless, take a look on the MIGRO youtube channel, theres some really good comparison videos on there that should help you out

Cheers

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tyco For This Useful Post:

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hey! This is a 1x 600w LED autoflower grow I'm doing at the minute and it's turning out nicely considering they're 4 completely different strains.

I started lst but after starting I went on an unexpected holiday and things went a bit 'forest - like' so now I'm just letting it do its thing.

I used CFLs before but LED win for me hands down.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McTavish23 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-03-20), IceCalibur (02-03-20)

Thanks

Welcome to the THC TALK!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to maxweber For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-03-20)