Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LewisR’s Dry Sift

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,563 Times

Default LewisR’s Dry Sift

Hello chaps, never tried making hash before so I thought I’d give it a bash and document it
    Turned out a lot better than expected if I’m honest, ideally would have liked more return but that will come with practice and better conditions but whatever, here’s how I made it

(I didn’t realise how much trim I actually had until I weighed it)
    I got my hands on one of them sifting boxes, probably a lot better equipment out there for making it, but for my needs it was perfect.

I then bagged up all my trim, and set aside in the freezer for a hour

After this was done, I then took about a medium size handful of trim, placed in the box, and gave a little mix up with my hands. Then the lid went on and I gently gave it a good shake for about 30 seconds,

Once this was done, after each handful I removed all the thc from the bottom panel (flat glass layer) and placed to one side,

I continued this process with the rest of the bag (for this run I only used the one bag of trim to test this out, didn’t want to mess it all up and be out of from ) and I ended up with about 1.5 grams of thc

Once this was all gathered, I filled up a glass bottle with boiling water and set aside for a few minutes to cool down slightly.
    I then placed all the thc in to non stick baking paper, again there is probably better equipment to use but this worked well for me.
    Once the above is done, fold the baking paper over to trap the thc inside. Then with the bottle of water, I began to press/roll this over the thc until I could feel it begin to mould together (didn’t take long, about 30 seconds)

I kept folding the now, early stage hash over and over, and repeated the process 3 times.

And after my last roll, I took my hah and gave it a little roll in my hand and ended up with this

So there we have it nice little temple ball for me to enjoy later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LewisR19 For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-09-20), Cleargreen (03-03-20), GEORGE (29-02-20), IceCalibur (29-02-20), Mac (29-02-20), M_C (01-03-20), scorpion (07-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

Mmmmmm dry sift *drool*

I use a trimbin, different tool same principle. Love hash on a wake n bake, sprinkle a little in your coffee and let it melt for a nice morning brew to accompany a big phattie spliff

NO SELL, NO SMELL, NO TELL!!!

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-09-20), Cleargreen (03-03-20), GEORGE (29-02-20), IceCalibur (29-02-20), LewisR19 (29-02-20)

5. Default

Fantastic thread Lewis, thanks for sharing this with us and taking the time to take the pics etc

I do want to try this one day, I was looking at one of those Bud trays, but they cost like £50!..bit expensive.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-09-20), Cleargreen (03-03-20), GEORGE (29-02-20), LewisR19 (29-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,563 Times

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Fantastic thread Lewis, thanks for sharing this with us and taking the time to take the pics etc

I do want to try this one day, I was looking at one of those Bud trays, but they cost like £50!..bit expensive.
    Thank you Ice this box cost me £25, if I was to get another Id either get a bigger box or I’d go with a actual screen. Dry ice would probably be better, but that being said it worked good for my needs

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LewisR19 For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-09-20), Cleargreen (03-03-20), GEORGE (29-02-20), IceCalibur (29-02-20), Mac (01-03-20)

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LewisR19 View Post
    Thank you Ice this box cost me £25, if I was to get another Id either get a bigger box or I’d go with a actual screen. Dry ice would probably be better, but that being said it worked good for my needs
    Yeahh I researched the dry ice too and have a few places bookmarked, maybe I'll give it a go one day and £25 isn't bad, but still quite small as you probably noticed..they do some lovely screens in the US (but don't deliver to UK)..and I *think* but not certain, those screens they use for T-shirt printing might be good too..I'm still looking into that though.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-09-20), Cleargreen (03-03-20), GEORGE (29-02-20), LewisR19 (29-02-20), Mac (01-03-20), MrC (01-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

Yeahh I researched the dry ice too and have a few places bookmarked, maybe I'll give it a go one day and £25 isn't bad, but still quite small as you probably noticed..they do some lovely screens in the US (but don't deliver to UK)..and I *think* but not certain, those screens they use for T-shirt printing might be good too..I'm still looking into that though.
    Check out Skunksifters for UK, pricey mind. But you can achieve the same with some 2x2 or poly pipe and silk screen, just get the same size micron as bubble hash bags and make your own 250u, 165u, 149u and 75u micron are pretty common sizes for dry sifters. Build a frame out and stretch the screens over, pin it with bulldog clips and you only need one frame for all your screens, or build multiple and have dedicated sizes

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-09-20), Cleargreen (03-03-20), GEORGE (01-03-20), IceCalibur (01-03-20), MrC (01-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,958 Times

Nice one mate, kept the green contaminate out, perfect lookin hash before and after, love that golden brown. I bought somethin like 250,150 and 75 micron screens to make some sift boxes this week

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-09-20), Cleargreen (03-03-20), GEORGE (01-03-20), LewisR19 (01-03-20), Mac (01-03-20)

Thanks

Seen a side by side with dry ice/screen sift and the screen sift is a lot cleaner

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-09-20), Cleargreen (03-03-20), GEORGE (01-03-20), IceCalibur (01-03-20), LewisR19 (01-03-20), Mac (01-03-20)

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Maccajuana View Post
    Check out Skunksifters for UK, pricey mind. But you can achieve the same with some 2x2 or poly pipe and silk screen, just get the same size micron as bubble hash bags and make your own 250u, 165u, 149u and 75u micron are pretty common sizes for dry sifters. Build a frame out and stretch the screens over, pin it with bulldog clips and you only need one frame for all your screens, or build multiple and have dedicated sizes
    Nice one Macca and yeah that's a bit pricey, I might build my own for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by MrCannab1sir View Post
    Seen a side by side with dry ice/screen sift and the screen sift is a lot cleaner
    Yep, only heard good things about the ice method

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-09-20), Cleargreen (03-03-20), GEORGE (01-03-20), LewisR19 (01-03-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maccajuana View Post
    Mmmmmm dry sift *drool*

I use a trimbin, different tool same principle. Love hash on a wake n bake, sprinkle a little in your coffee and let it melt for a nice morning brew to accompany a big phattie spliff
    How do you spike your coffee with it? As kief or hash? How much would you recommend for a hit or to taste? A pinch? Or maybe a Q lol

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-09-20), Cleargreen (03-03-20), GEORGE (01-03-20), Mac (02-03-20)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast