Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mammoth P

Thanks

Default Mammoth P

Just looking for some input. Does anyone use Mammoth P and do you think it's worth the extra $$$

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bigggd69 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,776 Times

What is Mammoth P? Never heard of it... that said, you use the dollar sign, is it American?
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-02-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    What is Mammoth P? Never heard of it... that said, you use the dollar sign, is it American?
    MAMMOTH P is an organically derived microbial inoculant for growing plants that maximizes phosphorus and micronutrient cycling to maximize bud growth, increase yield, and enhance plant health. Yes it is an American product

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigggd69 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-02-20), M_C (29-02-20), sourshoes (04-03-20)

Thanks

I haven't used it but it has got me thinking the process one would go through to find those phosphorous loving microbes and fungi. Specifically, my thought was to mix compost with way too much rock phosphate and then see what thrives (viewing microbe populations under a microscope). Then introduce those phosphorous loving microbes into the soil in hopes that they process more phosphorous.

Whether or not these populations would have any effect in a soil food web is questionable. It's like throwing a bunch of beavers into a jungle hoping to thin the trees. Might work, or we might be thinking about it wrong.

Worth a shot if you can afford it, but I don't think we're missing out on anything by not using it. I haven't seen any side by side comparison of using mammoth p compared to not using it. Everyone I see using it pretty much just adds it to their entire grow. Has anyone seen a comparison of this sort?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to skunk.e.bud For This Useful Post:

bigggd69 (29-02-20), GEORGE (29-02-20), redisiel (04-03-20), toblue (01-03-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skunk.e.bud View Post
    I haven't used it but it has got me thinking the process one would go through to find those phosphorous loving microbes and fungi. Specifically, my thought was to mix compost with way too much rock phosphate and then see what thrives (viewing microbe populations under a microscope). Then introduce those phosphorous loving microbes into the soil in hopes that they process more phosphorous.

Whether or not these populations would have any effect in a soil food web is questionable. It's like throwing a bunch of beavers into a jungle hoping to thin the trees. Might work, or we might be thinking about it wrong.

Worth a shot if you can afford it, but I don't think we're missing out on anything by not using it. I haven't seen any side by side comparison of using mammoth p compared to not using it. Everyone I see using it pretty much just adds it to their entire grow. Has anyone seen a comparison of this sort?

I have never grown without it. 6 ml a week to my 10 gallon reservoir.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigggd69 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-02-20), tom222 (29-02-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigggd69 View Post
    I have never grown without it. 6 ml a week to my 10 gallon reservoir.

How do you know it's worth what you pay for it? Or more specifically, how do you judge/value its effects?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to skunk.e.bud For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-02-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skunk.e.bud View Post
    How do you know it's worth what you pay for it? Or more specifically, how do you judge/value its effects?

That's why I was asking

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bigggd69 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Tried it, don't use it anymore. Save your money
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

bigggd69 (01-03-20), GEORGE (01-03-20), tom222 (04-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,830 Times

I've never used it, but I've heard good things and the science is sound. All the podcasts I listen to rave about it too, some large US grower reported >10% wet weight increases.
    I do think though that to really appreciate it, you'd better have your other factors nailed or you may as well spend the money on whatever your limiting factor is, ie more light, or better training of your plants to fill the canopy
    When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prime For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-03-20), tom222 (04-03-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prime View Post
    I've never used it, but I've heard good things and the science is sound. All the podcasts I listen to rave about it too, some large US grower reported >10% wet weight increases.
    I do think though that to really appreciate it, you'd better have your other factors nailed or you may as well spend the money on whatever your limiting factor is, ie more light, or better training of your plants to fill the canopy
    Right. I was just trying to see if anybody used it and how they felt about it. Thanks for the input.

Bigggd69

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigggd69 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-03-20), prime (12-03-20), tom222 (04-03-20)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast