Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Wilma big 4 x Airpot mod x Migro 400 lights

Thanks

Evening all/Ice

Quick update after yesterday, checked on the girls before i went to bed and it looked like they had perked up after a good watering Then at lights on today they'd drooped again, this time showing some brown spots on a couple of leaves (pictures below)

Pulled the pots out which did feel a little light and gave them a good watering again, caught the run off and measured p.h of 5.5 and e.c of 1.0 on one plant, and 5.4 ph 0.9 e.c on the other. Thinking this means they haven't been getting quite enough feed to cause good enough run off, start of build up of salts? thinking this would explain the brown spots too

Made some new drip rings by drilling 1mm holes into 10mm polyurethane air line and have many buckets of water sitting upstairs ready to do a res change tomorrow, fingers crossed!

Cheers, Tyco

p.s, Ice i think you were right about the lights making the girls look pale, much better in daylight no?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyco For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-20)

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tyco View Post
    Evening all/Ice

Quick update after yesterday, checked on the girls before i went to bed and it looked like they had perked up after a good watering Then at lights on today they'd drooped again, this time showing some brown spots on a couple of leaves (pictures below)

Pulled the pots out which did feel a little light and gave them a good watering again, caught the run off and measured p.h of 5.5 and e.c of 1.0 on one plant, and 5.4 ph 0.9 e.c on the other. Thinking this means they haven't been getting quite enough feed to cause good enough run off, start of build up of salts? thinking this would explain the brown spots too

Made some new drip rings by drilling 1mm holes into 10mm polyurethane air line and have many buckets of water sitting upstairs ready to do a res change tomorrow, fingers crossed!

Cheers, Tyco

p.s, Ice i think you were right about the lights making the girls look pale, much better in daylight no?
    That's much better can see them much more clearly now..

So looking at the runoff stats, I'm thinking they simply haven't been having enough water being put through them...so it's not necessarily the feed but the amount of water they're getting.

I know it might be tricky but you're gonna need to make sure you're pushing enough water through these girls..keep the EC the same for now

The fact they've perked up with that extra hand watering is a good indication they were not getting enough water through them too.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-20), Tyco (05-04-20)

Thanks

My thoughts exactly, the new drip rings I’ve made flow much better than the others, was using those porous soaker hose jobbers but don’t think my feed pump could supply enough pressure for them to work effectively

Hopefully it won’t be the same story again at lights on tomorrow!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tyco For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-20), IceCalibur (05-04-20)

Thanks

Morning!

The girls have definitely perked up since sorting the drip rings

The brown spots seem to be worsening although not spreading, nothing on the new growth so I’m not going to worry too much

Also finally caved in last night and accepted I need to get a chiller, res temps are sitting at 22 degrees with the lights on and that’s only going to increase as the weather gets warmer
    Found a Hailea HC100 on eBay for £150 but with no pipe fittings, haggled him down to £110, then found the pipe fittings online, 9 bastard pound each! And £16 for the shipping as they’re coming from Germany

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tyco For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-04-20), WhIpLaSh (07-04-20)

Thanks

Done a precautionary res change today due to the high temps
    90L
    90ml Silicone (Shogun)
    54ml Hydrogen peroxide (Silver bullet)
    180ml Rhizotonic
    40ml Canna coco A+B
    Background E.C 0.6, mix takes it up to 0.9

I’ve also got a bottle of cannazym, wondering when is best to start using it? I imagine there’s no point at this stage as there shouldn’t be any dead roots to break down? When do people usually start using it?

Cheers, Tyco

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyco For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-04-20)

Thanks

Gooood evening!

Chiller arrived today, managed to get some pickling vinegar gave it a good clean out and it's plumbed in and it's working perfectly, happy days

The girls are doing okay, i struggle to see any difference when looking at them every day but going through photos suggests they're making progress
    Plant 1:

Plant 2:

Plant 3:

Aaand finally some good news with the runt:

Two and three still seem a little droopy, been checking run off stats and other than .1 or .2 ph drop here and there its the same as the feed going in, going to try turning off the drippers and going back to hand watering until they're a bit more established... Also I'm still unsure about these brown spots, looks like the leaves are starting die, im thinking splash burn in lieu of clues in the run off? should i remove the affected leaves?

Cheers, Tyco

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tyco For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-04-20), underground (09-04-20)

Thanks

Gooood evening!

Chiller arrived today, managed to get some pickling vinegar gave it a good clean out and it's plumbed in and it's working perfectly, happy days

The girls are doing okay, i struggle to see any difference when looking at them every day but going through photos suggests they're making progress
    Plant 1:

Plant 2:

Plant 3:

Aaand finally some good news with the runt:

Two and three still seem a little droopy, been checking run off stats and other than .1 or .2 ph drop here and there its the same as the feed going in, going to try turning off the drippers and going back to hand watering until they're a bit more established... Also I'm still unsure about these brown spots, looks like the leaves are starting die, im thinking splash burn in lieu of clues in the run off? should i remove the affected leaves?

Cheers, Tyco
    Hi mate those brown spots could have been a ph/ec fluctiation or enviromental problem somewhere down the line, i wouldnt be too concerned with that, consentrate more on what the new growth on the plant is doing, this will give you a better picture of whats going on. My second hydro system was a wilma loved it i modified it too had 12mm dripper rings on each pot and upgraded pump, pulled some nice yeilds.
    Ill keep an eye on this will be good to see what you can do with the wilma.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to underground For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-04-20), Tyco (10-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by underground View Post
    Hi mate those brown spots could have been a ph/ec fluctiation or enviromental problem somewhere down the line, i wouldnt be too concerned with that, consentrate more on what the new growth on the plant is doing, this will give you a better picture of whats going on. My second hydro system was a wilma loved it i modified it too had 12mm dripper rings on each pot and upgraded pump, pulled some nice yeilds.
    Ill keep an eye on this will be good to see what you can do with the wilma.

Hi mate,

Cheers for the input, the new growth looks pretty good to me so that’s nice to hear, just need to sort out my watering schedule... do you by any chance remember what settings you used on your dripper timer?

Thanks dude. I’ll try and do her justice!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tyco For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-04-20), underground (10-04-20)

Thanks

Hi mate,

Cheers for the input, the new growth looks pretty good to me so that’s nice to hear, just need to sort out my watering schedule... do you by any chance remember what settings you used on your dripper timer?

Thanks dude. I’ll try and do her justice!
    I was full hydro using mediums such as clay pebbles or rockwool mini cubes so ran pumps alot more frequently, sometimes even left the pumps constant during the lights on cycle. Never used coco or soil but they both hold water well so wont need feeding as often.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to underground For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-04-20), Tyco (10-04-20)

Thanks

Been hand feeding the last few days to get an idea of the girls needs, and following Underground’s advice I’ve reduced the dripper timer to 15 mins every 4 hours as of last night, think 15 mins of every hour was leaving the coco far too saturated

Starting to see some proper growth now, not much in terms of height but ridiculously squat and bushy. Main stems are fattening up nicely and plenty of little side shoots trying to stretch their way to the canopy, like they know they’re destined to Scrog!
    Going to start thinking about topping the next few days, really starting to make me question my 50cm pot to Scrog distance though... do I just veg em out til they’re monsters and meet the screen (worried I’ll run out of screen space) or do I shorten the frame (difficulty training)

Any help much appreciated! Tyco

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyco For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-04-20)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4