Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Wilma big 4 x Airpot mod x Migro 400 lights

Thanks

Default Wilma big 4 x Airpot mod x Migro 400 lights

Evening all

New here and soon to be starting my 3rd grow, just looking for a bit of advice on dialling in my setup before germinating

So far i've a 120x120x200 tent, 5"extractor with carbon filter (connected to a temperature controller that also runs a small heater), migro 400 LED light and a wilma big 4 that i've started to mod as per one of the other threads on here

Will be using 10 litre airpots and the standard MJ500 for the drippers, looking at an MJ1000 to use as a return pump to an external tank to create a waterfall for more D.O (will also be running a large air pump in the res)

My questions are will i need a ballcock type system on the pipe from the external tank into the res? might have missed it but didn't see it mentioned in the plans in the other thread

Also has anyone out there done a wilma/rdwc grow under LED's? I’m wondering whether i might need to look at heating the res slightly due to the lower running temps... i believe res temps of around 18c are ideal?

Thanks in advance!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tyco For This Useful Post:

existence (29-02-20), GEORGE (29-02-20), IceCalibur (29-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Talking

Welcome to the Talk Tyco, enjoy dude.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Tyco (29-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,993 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Tyco View Post
    Evening all

New here and soon to be starting my 3rd grow, just looking for a bit of advice on dialling in my setup before germinating

So far i've a 120x120x200 tent, 5"extractor with carbon filter (connected to a temperature controller that also runs a small heater), migro 400 LED light and a wilma big 4 that i've started to mod as per one of the other threads on here

Will be using 10 litre airpots and the standard MJ500 for the drippers, looking at an MJ1000 to use as a return pump to an external tank to create a waterfall for more D.O (will also be running a large air pump in the res)

My questions are will i need a ballcock type system on the pipe from the external tank into the res? might have missed it but didn't see it mentioned in the plans in the other thread

Also has anyone out there done a wilma/rdwc grow under LED's? I’m wondering whether i might need to look at heating the res slightly due to the lower running temps... i believe res temps of around 18c are ideal?

Thanks in advance!
    Yeah I run a Wilma. I keep my res at 18 and have no problems at all to date. I use a tube heater for heat. I have mine in outhouse thing so not warm in uk at this time of year. Have it sitting 20-24 pretty constant now.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uv123_4 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-02-20), Tyco (29-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Mon the migro

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-02-20)

9. Default

Hello and welcome to the forum Tyco, nice to have you here..and your set-up sounds interesting, good luck with it

10. The Following User Says Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-02-20)

Thanks

What sort of mods have you done or is it fairly standard? Will be my first time using a Wilma so part of me is tempted to leave as is but the idea of the roots swimming around in the res sounds ideal.
    Do you run an external tank or just top up the res directly?

Cheers

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyco For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-02-20)

Thanks

Ta mate! Might look at doing a grow diary when I get up and running, seems like there’s a gold mine of info on here that would be great to tap into!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tyco For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-02-20), IceCalibur (29-02-20)

Thanks

Going shopping today, still scratching my head over this ballcock... the problem I’m foreseeing is that once the roots have dropped into the res and filled it out they will prevent the ballcock valve from closing? Has anyone run a system similar and found a way around this? Or am I overthinking and will the root mass not be dense enough to interfere? Help!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyco For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,993 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Tyco View Post
    Going shopping today, still scratching my head over this ballcock... the problem I’m foreseeing is that once the roots have dropped into the res and filled it out they will prevent the ballcock valve from closing? Has anyone run a system similar and found a way around this? Or am I overthinking and will the root mass not be dense enough to interfere? Help!
    I just run it standard really except I cut a square out under where pots go so the roots can get right into the tank. I could maybe see your point with the roots.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uv123_4 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-03-20), Tyco (02-03-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uv123_4 View Post
    I just run it standard really except I cut a square out under where pots go so the roots can get right into the tank. I could maybe see your point with the roots.
    Ta mate, not completely mental then! Better to be safe than soggy I suppose

Do you run an air pump/stones then or are your girls ok without?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyco For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-03-20)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast