Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Wilma big 4 x Airpot mod x Migro 400 lights

Thanks

Thinking I might make a box/cage to go around the ballcock and cover it in a filter sock to prevent the roots getting through, probably overkill but I’d rather not take any chances with the groom being on the first floor

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyco For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,993 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Tyco View Post
    Ta mate, not completely mental then! Better to be safe than soggy I suppose

Do you run an air pump/stones then or are your girls ok without?
    Yeah Iv got air stones in. Was advised to so I did. Just makes it so easy. Just fill it up. And just check the ec ph. Adjust if need be. Only thing is a pain is when the roots are big in tank for tryin to do a res change.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Uv123_4 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-03-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uv123_4 View Post
    Yeah Iv got air stones in. Was advised to so I did. Just makes it so easy. Just fill it up. And just check the ec ph. Adjust if need be. Only thing is a pain is when the roots are big in tank for tryin to do a res change.
    Cool mate thanks for the help ??
    Yeah seems like a great system, ‘set and forget’, Mon the Wilma!
    Am used to keeping on top of e.c and p.h as I’ve only grown in coco, made a drip ring and auto irrigator for my last grow which worked pretty well but lost a lot of height due to needing a bucket to catch run off, will see if I can find a photo...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyco For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-03-20)

Thanks

Found a photo, no idea how to upload it

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyco For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Top of page where it say's Gallary, click on that, then click on uploadphotos.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Tyco (02-03-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tyco View Post
    Evening all

New here and soon to be starting my 3rd grow, just looking for a bit of advice on dialling in my setup before germinating

So far i've a 120x120x200 tent, 5"extractor with carbon filter (connected to a temperature controller that also runs a small heater), migro 400 LED light and a wilma big 4 that i've started to mod as per one of the other threads on here

Will be using 10 litre airpots and the standard MJ500 for the drippers, looking at an MJ1000 to use as a return pump to an external tank to create a waterfall for more D.O (will also be running a large air pump in the res)

My questions are will i need a ballcock type system on the pipe from the external tank into the res? might have missed it but didn't see it mentioned in the plans in the other thread

Also has anyone out there done a wilma/rdwc grow under LED's? I’m wondering whether i might need to look at heating the res slightly due to the lower running temps... i believe res temps of around 18c are ideal?

Thanks in advance!
    Hey! I use a wilma xl with leds. I picked up an aquarium heater with a sensor to maintain warm enough water. I also have a heater in my grow room to maintain air temps

Hope this helps. The aquarium heater was about £12 on amazon and works great... Has a temp dial to set it

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McTavish23 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-03-20), Tyco (02-03-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by McTavish23 View Post
    Hey! I use a wilma xl with leds. I picked up an aquarium heater with a sensor to maintain warm enough water. I also have a heater in my grow room to maintain air temps

Hope this helps. The aquarium heater was about £12 on amazon and works great... Has a temp dial to set it
    Cheers dude, was hoping to get away without heating the water but for £12 it’d be rude not to haha

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyco For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-03-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    Top of page where it say's Gallary, click on that, then click on uploadphotos.
    Thanks, think I’ve sussed it

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyco For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-03-20)

Thanks

Afternoon all

Finally got the Wilma modded after a few headaches, largest of which being finding a float valve that would flow enough to keep up with the MJ1000 feeding dustpan falls. (I think possibly my best mod)
    Got there eventually by enlarging the orifice on float valve no.4 so now water level in the res remains constant

Installed everything in the very cramped groom and filled her up a few days ago then added some hydrogen peroxide, liquid silicone, PH’d and added Rhizotonic and a small amount of Coco a+b to bring E.C up to 0.8 (0.5 background), ph’d again down to 5.8 last night.

Popped the girls (Barneys farm Gorilla zkittles) into some coco plugs a week ago today and had them in the windowsill until last night, three had broken ground after two days but ones lagging behind a little, once it popped up there was some kind of membrane from the seed still wrapped around the cotyledons preventing them from opening, very gently teased this off last night and it seems to be responding well

Stay safe everybody! Not sure but I think there might be some kind of virus going round...

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tyco For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-03-20), IceCalibur (28-03-20)

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-03-20), Tyco (28-03-20)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast