Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Superflushing?

Thanks

Default Superflushing?

Has anyone tried just pulling the whole rootball from the soil and putting it in a pot of water instead to “flush” for the last few days in a way that the plant can’t draw any nutes from the soil/compost because it’s in water only (apart from the little bit the roots take with them). Or just cutting the stem and dropping the end in water (like celery in school when you were 6yo) to bypass the roots totally.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Green Jay For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,782 Times

I remember watching a video about this a few year back & thinking it odd but feasible...

But cutting the stem & putting into water? I just can't see how anyone could think that a good idea
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-03-20), IceCalibur (01-03-20), Sadface (01-03-20), Trex (01-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    I remember watching a video about this a few year back & thinking it odd but feasible...

But cutting the stem & putting into water? I just can't see how anyone could think that a good idea
    Lol most retarded thing ive ever heard of

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-03-20), Sadface (01-03-20)

Thanks

Nice Trex. Do you think this would be the first rootless flower and stem that anyone has ever stuck in water to keep it alive for a few days? hmm. Instead of just saying retarded, how about something constructive, why is it retarded? Talk it through. If I can keep other flowers going for a few days in a vase why not these flowers? strip the fan leaves to reduce the transpiration rate and see if they respond like virtually every other flower on the planet by staying alive for a few days while taking up water only. "Retarded" is not a good argument on it's own. You need to think why it is retarded, other than you've never considered it before. Maybe it is retarded, maybe the plant will use so much less nutrients after removing the fans that it won't be effective and I might as well have gone straight to harvest or maybe the plant will die faster than other plants when vased. I'm more than willing to hear why I shouldn't bother trying it out to see, but if all you've got is "retarded" then I have learned nothing new. What I used to love about the old weed forums when I was growing 20 years ago was that people would put out a suggestion and that suggestion could be good or bad, people would say they had tried it or not, whether it worked or not and even if they had no direct experience they would think it through and come out with their predictions. If you thought the technique they tried needed tweaking, or you thought their reasoning was wrong, you might try it out anyway. If you were convinced then you wouldn't bother. I miss that.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Green Jay For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-03-20), Le chef (28-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,782 Times

If you were talking about a stem then that is one thing but where does it stop being effective?

To take things to the extreme, why not do the same thing with a 60 foot tree? There has to be a point where the idea stops being viable...

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-03-20), Green Jay (01-03-20), Valentina (25-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jay View Post
    Nice Trex. Do you think this would be the first rootless flower and stem that anyone has ever stuck in water to keep it alive for a few days? hmm. Instead of just saying retarded, how about something constructive, why is it retarded? Talk it through. If I can keep other flowers going for a few days in a vase why not these flowers? strip the fan leaves to reduce the transpiration rate and see if they respond like virtually every other flower on the planet by staying alive for a few days while taking up water only. "Retarded" is not a good argument on it's own. You need to think why it is retarded, other than you've never considered it before. Maybe it is retarded, maybe the plant will use so much less nutrients after removing the fans that it won't be effective and I might as well have gone straight to harvest or maybe the plant will die faster than other plants when vased. I'm more than willing to hear why I shouldn't bother trying it out to see, but if all you've got is "retarded" then I have learned nothing new. What I used to love about the old weed forums when I was growing 20 years ago was that people would put out a suggestion and that suggestion could be good or bad, people would say they had tried it or not, whether it worked or not and even if they had no direct experience they would think it through and come out with their predictions. If you thought the technique they tried needed tweaking, or you thought their reasoning was wrong, you might try it out anyway. If you were convinced then you wouldn't bother. I miss that.
    Because ... after the plant has flowered and done ready for harvesg ..... Its dead . Its not going to re-build a root system and uptake water ffs .

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Since there is published evidence that normal flushing has no effect whatsoever on the flowers, im not sure why you would venture into more "advanced" flushing techniques.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-03-20), Green Jay (01-03-20), IceCalibur (01-03-20), Jumper114 (07-03-20), Sadface (01-03-20), Squaggy (01-03-20), Valentina (25-04-20)

Thanks

I actually went looking for a different forum but came across this on this site... https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ter-you-cut-it

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Green Jay For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-03-20)

Thanks

I've been out of the game a while (20 ish years).... That's why I'm back on the forums, good to know anything that I might have missed while I wasn't growing. I'll look into it on google I guess.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Green Jay For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-03-20)

Thanks

No-ones asking it to rebuild a root system. Just take up water as other cut plants do when cut, directly through the stem.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Green Jay For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-03-20)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast