Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone help droop?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,047 Times

Quote Originally Posted by McTavish23 View Post
    I use wilma with soil, I had drooping until I heated my reservoir up with an aquarium heater. Could be your problem? It's really cold here and my plants struggled before I did that.

I also found using silver bullet or canna cannazym helps with my plants overall health using this system.

Also I let my reservoir mix for an hour a day just to ensure no nutrient build up and even distribution
    I have a heater in it. Set to 18 cos that’s what I read once. Will I notch it up a bit more ? I have air stones in there as well. Do you have a diary. No much Wilma stuff on here.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Uv123_4 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-03-20)

Thanks

Is it possible it could be from changing the lights at all ?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Uv123_4 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-03-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper114 View Post
    IME drooping normally means something is up with the roots. Have you checked pH pen calibration?
    What is IME ? I calibrated it like 2 weeks ago. Maybe have to do it again.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Uv123_4 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,830 Times

Quote Originally Posted by McTavish23 View Post
    I use wilma with soil, I had drooping until I heated my reservoir up with an aquarium heater. Could be your problem? It's really cold here and my plants struggled before I did that.

I also found using silver bullet or canna cannazym helps with my plants overall health using this system.

Also I let my reservoir mix for an hour a day just to ensure no nutrient build up and even distribution
    Soil with silver bullet is literally the perfect example of not using soil properly. Soil should be alive with microbiology, silver bullet would kill everything that moves and it would just become an inert but less efficient alternative to Coco. Cannazym is alright, but any peroxide or anti microbial and the soil is good as dead
    When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prime For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-03-20), McTavish23 (10-03-20)

Thanks

Don't turn Res temperature up any more, chances are the res is warmer than you think anyway i.e it will equalise to room temp over time.
    So clay pebbles? I've never grown in Wilma nor clay pebbles but I'd have thought a more frequent, less intensive watering would be best, 15 mins an hour maybe? Clay pebbles hold next to no water so perhaps they are not able to maintain turgidity only watering 4x a day for an hour each.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prime For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-03-20), Jumper114 (10-03-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prime View Post
    Don't turn Res temperature up any more, chances are the res is warmer than you think anyway i.e it will equalise to room temp over time.
    So clay pebbles? I've never grown in Wilma nor clay pebbles but I'd have thought a more frequent, less intensive watering would be best, 15 mins an hour maybe? Clay pebbles hold next to no water so perhaps they are not able to maintain turgidity only watering 4x a day for an hour each.
    You could be right there. I will change it when I’m home. Try 15 an hour. Do you think 15 every hour is too much. ? You read so much different ways people use it.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uv123_4 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-03-20), Trex (10-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Uv123_4 View Post
    You could be right there. I will change it when I’m home. Try 15 an hour. Do you think 15 every hour is too much. ? You read so much different ways people use it.
    15 evey hour is pretty much standard .

Did you check for root rot ? Too warm water . Above 20-21 and it will cause root issues if roots are hitting the res man .
    Your best bet is 18°-19 no more no less .tough but its gotta be done

Humboldt Black Dog Journal

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Ohh just saw the plant pics . The lamp maybe very well be too hot tbh . Raisenit up a bit also 400w hps ? Raise that to 20" espefially after having 150w in there. They gotta get accostomed first

Humboldt Black Dog Journal

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-03-20), Uv123_4 (10-03-20)

Thanks

You cannot overwater clay pebbles mate, esp if they are in a draining pot as yours are. It's physically impossible.
    15 mins an hour, double check air temps at canopy level too mate, not just the room. And if you can check Res temps, bet they will be closer to 25 than 18

18. The Following User Says Thank You to prime For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-03-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prime View Post
    You cannot overwater clay pebbles mate, esp if they are in a draining pot as yours are. It's physically impossible.
    15 mins an hour, double check air temps at canopy level too mate, not just the room. And if you can check Res temps, bet they will be closer to 25 than 18
    Will check all when I’m home. It’s not that hot in there. Will post later on and let yous know.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uv123_4 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-03-20), prime (10-03-20)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast