Thread: Hi guys could I ask a few silly starting questions please?

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 1

Default Answered: Hi guys could I ask a few silly starting questions please?

Hi guys just a quick couple of questions please if you don’t mind?
    Basically I tried to grow around 2 years ago and screwed the lot up from silly things (temps etc, feedand probably more), it took me a while to get the wife back on board to allow me to have another stab at it (again another long story, it was a cocaine dealer in the house before me we found out after moving in).

So now I’ve got everything set up again and have my seeds, I was wondering what people find best, I’ve got Jiffy Pellets and Rhizo pots to use with the grow, so first question is,
    •Would you germinate the seed first using paper towel or just plant seed straight into Jiffy?
    •Once in the jiffy would you use a propagator or cover with plastic and where’s best place to leave them for how long?
    •Once ready to move on to pot from jiffy do I just put the jiffy pellet in the 1litre Rhizo pot?
    •I’m also going into a 10litre Rhizo pot, would you go straight to the 10litre from pellet or go 1litre first?
    •Rhizo pots I’m lead to believe you just plant the 1litre pot into bigger 10litre pot and with it being fabric the roots just grow straight through it or would you remove the 1litre and transplant into bigger pot?

Thanks and sorry for the silly little questions, just a quick brief answer will do I don’t mind looking more into what you say or is it all just a preference thing?
    Thanks kindly Gary.

2. "For me personally I soak seeds in a glass of water for 12 hours, I then drop them into jiffys in a propagator with heat mat setup 12 hours before hand so everything is dialed in and toasty.

Generally they pop up after 1 or 2 days I then wait till roots just start poking out drop them into pots(also setup 12 hours before so the soil isn't soaking but damp and warm. Then place 5l water bottles over the top for humidity. Hope this helps.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gasher90 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-03-20)

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 2

For me personally I soak seeds in a glass of water for 12 hours, I then drop them into jiffys in a propagator with heat mat setup 12 hours before hand so everything is dialed in and toasty.

Generally they pop up after 1 or 2 days I then wait till roots just start poking out drop them into pots(also setup 12 hours before so the soil isn't soaking but damp and warm. Then place 5l water bottles over the top for humidity. Hope this helps.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jay_GY For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-03-20), GreenEm (12-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,322 Times

1 soak seeds for 24 hours or until they show signs of a little root
    2. Straight into small pots filled with John verve seeds sowing soil from Wikos .£3.00-10litres (budlightyearstip) under a t5 room humidity 65% temps no less than 25c want it nice and moist
    Pot up one more time after that with a sprinkle of great white and then into final pots of whatever medium your using
    Have had much better success than jiffy plugs This way, the above soil keeps them just right until their final pots
    I wasted plenty of seeds before hand

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenEm For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times
    Provided Answers: 9

What seeds are you growing mate? If you did autos you could skip having to pot up into bigger pots and just start them in thier big pot. You could also run lights on constantly which makes dialing in the environment somewhat easier. Will look forward to following your grow if u start a diary.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-03-20), GreenEm (12-03-20)

Thanks

Thanks for the replies, and no they’re not auto’s, I’m not that advanced yet, and I’ve got Tropic Bat Mix medium (I used it my first and last grow that I destroyed) but it has everything needed for the first few weeks before introducing feeds, so if I use jiffy and propagator I just keep it warm and moist with what 24hrs light? And if I figure out how to do a diary I get one going, cheers guys!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gasher90 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times
    Provided Answers: 9

Autos are easy, no advanced skills needed it just means the flower automatically

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-03-20), GreenEm (12-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,322 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Silkadin View Post
    Autos are easy, no advanced skills needed it just means the flower automatically
    I'm yet to try one mate

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

15. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenEm For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-03-20)

Thanks

Alright, when I was on here 2years ago I was asking the question and got the impression from people they where more tricky, hmmmmmm, I’ll grow these then might look at some autos if they’re easier to grow (I’ve probably done the wrong thing this time for a start as I’ve bought x4 different seeds but all grow to around 1m high, it’s a 1.2x1.2x2m tent, should I start all x4 now together and would they’re be much of a smell from x4, obviously I’ve got a carbon filter, just I need the least stench possible) how much light do I need to give the propagator just leave it on 24hr or am I best with propagator in bathroom window (blurred glass still allows all the light through)? Thanks again

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Gasher90 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-03-20)