Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: HPS Questions

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrCannab1sir View Post
    And it's just the bulb and ballast I need right? Plus optional reflector
    I would say that the reflector is not optional, but absolutely necessary, to reflect the light down onto the plants, rather than all over the place. Also, you need the proper switchgear, for example Maxiswitch, which the grow shops sell. You cannot just plug a 600W HPS into a standard 13 amp wall socket without this switchgear. I paid about £40 for my Maxiswitch gear.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Fart Scrogger For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,413 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Old Fart Scrogger View Post
    I would say that the reflector is not optional, but absolutely necessary, to reflect the light down onto the plants, rather than all over the place. Also, you need the proper switchgear, for example Maxiswitch, which the grow shops sell. You cannot just plug a 600W HPS into a standard 13 amp wall socket without this switchgear. I paid about £40 for my Maxiswitch gear.
    If he's buying a digital ballast no switch gear or heavy duty timers etc are required,only for the old magnetic ballasts,the initial power draw from digital is far lower than the old ballasts,anyone using digital ballasts can tell you this.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scoot For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-05-20), MrC (15-06-20), Old Fart Scrogger (02-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 63,020 Times

If ya had a room that was 5ft wide 7ft high 3ft deep, would you put a 150w IS led in between 2 600w dual spec hps or just stick to hps considering the poor area the led would cover? Ballasts are 600w max

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,727 Times

If ya had a room that was 5ft wide 7ft high 3ft deep, would you put a 150w IS led in between 2 600w dual spec hps or just stick to hps considering the poor area the led would cover? Ballasts are 600w max
    I'd run the LED underneath on the plant that I wanted to get the biggest buds.

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-06-20), MrC (15-06-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    I'd run the LED underneath on the plant that I wanted to get the biggest buds.

Yeh I did think maybe stick the LED on the end and put one under it in a big pot, then just carry on down the line under hps?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-06-20), Jingo (15-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,036 Times

Default HPS Questions

I am planning running my led 120w through veg this time then 400w hps for flower. Last time I ended up putting up hps when one was in flower and a couple week old plants and I ended up with some wicked stretch on the two younger ones. So started my whole grow at the same time this time. Struggled with the heat with the 400 last time but we had some hot weather then. Upgrading extraction so should help. Ended up with a bit of foxtailing. Noticed them drinking more with the hps.
    Last edited by Uv123_4; 15-06-20 at 08:54 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uv123_4 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-06-20), MrC (15-06-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uv123_4 View Post
    I am planning running my led 120w through veg this time then 400w hps for flower. Last time I ended up putting up hps when one was in flower and a couple week old plants and I ended up with some wicked stretch on the two younger ones. So started my whole grow at the same time this time. Struggled with the heat with the 400 last time but we had some hot weather then. Upgrading extraction so should help. Ended up with a bit of foxtailing. Noticed them drinking more with the hps.
    I think I'll invest in some led's before christmas, easier to warm space up than cool it down. I'm a fucker for staggered starts lol, can't help myself.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,036 Times

I think I'll invest in some led's before christmas, easier to warm space up than cool it down. I'm a fucker for staggered starts lol, can't help myself.
    I thought it would be better to try 2 and 2 in a Wilma but won’t again. Will be much easier all 4 at same stage.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Uv123_4 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-06-20)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4