Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Guide To Reusing Your Old Boveda Packs!

1. Talking Guide To Reusing Your Old Boveda Packs!

Hey Talkers, I know some of you here use Boveda Packs or other similar types, and I started trying out this technique to reusing the old dried out packs with great results and thought some of you might find it useful!

I've seen some guides that tell you to soak the packs..but I'm not 100% these packs are really designed to get soaked in that way so this is the process I personally use ;

Step 1 - Purchase or use (if you already own) a cliptop type jar.

Step 2 - Find a glass that will fit inside this jar, and fill it with hot water, (I use boiled water out of the kettle), if you use boiling water make sure the glass is suitable and doesn't crack!..otherwise mix with cold water before filling the glass.

Step 3 - Place the glass inside the cliptop jar, then slip the old dried Boveda packs down either side (or place the packs to the sides then place glass in, whichever is easier for you).

Step 4 - Repeat this process as many times as you wish and over a few days, those dried out packs will become fresh and new again!

I repeat this process with the hot water whenever the condensation inside the glass has disappeared.

I have tested these packs after doing this and I have tested with my humidity meter to confirm they are holding the percentage they are supposed to on the pack

Some pics ;

Last edited by IceCalibur; 15-03-20 at 03:28 AM.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

B.R.E.W. (15-03-20), Bigdaddy 101 (15-03-20), CityDweller (16-03-20), GEORGE (15-03-20), matrixdts (15-03-20), Petal (04-11-20), toblue (20-03-20), Vlad the Inhaler (15-03-20), Wags (04-11-20), WhIpLaSh (15-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 12,268 Times

Ice I just use misted slice of bread or even fresh harvest trim to rejuvenate my packs, but yes I reuse them till the material inside turns to crystals lol.
    Hemp flowers we can buy local at the petrol station comes with those inside dried to a crisp , So I got tired of dry ones and found how to remoisturize with and reuse those.
    Thank u for your method I must try it myself.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by country_budz; 15-03-20 at 05:21 AM.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to country_budz For This Useful Post:

B.R.E.W. (15-03-20), Bigdaddy 101 (19-03-20), CityDweller (16-03-20), GEORGE (15-03-20), WhIpLaSh (15-03-20)

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by countrytoker34 View Post
    Ice I just use misted slice of bread or even fresh harvest trim to rejuvenate my packs, but yes I reuse them till the material inside turns to crystals lol.
    Hemp flowers we can buy local at the petrol station comes with those inside dried to a crisp , So I got tired of dry ones and found how to remoisturize with and reuse those.
    Thank u for your method I must try it myself.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    You're welcome man, yeah for sure give it a whirl

I use my boveda packs until they are literally as hard as a rock lol...then use this method above and the packs become fluid like the day I bought them

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

B.R.E.W. (15-03-20), Bigdaddy 101 (19-03-20), GEORGE (15-03-20)

Thanks

I'd like to thank both of you guys, for posting any information in general about this. I have almost a dozen packs I've been wanting to reuse as well.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to B.R.E.W. For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (19-03-20), country_budz (15-03-20), GEORGE (15-03-20), IceCalibur (15-03-20)

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by B.R.E.W. View Post
    I'd like to thank both of you guys, for posting any information in general about this. I have almost a dozen packs I've been wanting to reuse as well.
    No problem at all B.R.E.W..saves a bit of money here and there, never a bad thing hey

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

B.R.E.W. (15-03-20), Bigdaddy 101 (19-03-20), GEORGE (15-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

Very handy tip, dude! The boveda packs aren't cheap so that could be a good way to save a couple of shekels in future

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (19-03-20), GEORGE (15-03-20), IceCalibur (15-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,297 Times

Niceone Ice it will come in handy this m8
    I smoke pretty much all of the time so if I waffle shit please forgive me lol

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Great post IceCalibur Thanks brother

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Hey Talkers, I know some of you here use Boveda Packs or other similar types, and I started trying out this technique to reusing the old dried out packs with great results and thought some of you might find it useful!

I've seen some guides that tell you to soak the packs..but I'm not 100% these packs are really designed to get soaked in that way so this is the process I personally use ;

Step 1 - Purchase or use (if you already own) a cliptop type jar.

Step 2 - Find a glass that will fit inside this jar, and fill it with hot water, (I use boiled water out of the kettle), if you use boiling water make sure the glass is suitable and doesn't crack!..otherwise mix with cold water before filling the glass.

Step 3 - Place the glass inside the cliptop jar, then slip the old dried Boveda packs down either side (or place the packs to the sides then place glass in, whichever is easier for you).

Step 4 - Repeat this process as many times as you wish and over a few days, those dried out packs will become fresh and new again!

I repeat this process with the hot water whenever the condensation inside the glass has disappeared.

I have tested these packs after doing this and I have tested with my humidity meter to confirm they are holding the percentage they are supposed to on the pack

Some pics ;

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to matrixdts For This Useful Post:

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by WhIpLaSh View Post
    Very handy tip, dude! The boveda packs aren't cheap so that could be a good way to save a couple of shekels in future
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion View Post
    Niceone Ice it will come in handy this m8
    Quote Originally Posted by matrixdts View Post
    Great post IceCalibur Thanks brother
    You're welcome, scorpion, matrixdts and spot-on Whip..I've saved a fair bit already using this, which means more to spend on some bog roll hey

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (19-03-20), GEORGE (15-03-20), scorpion (15-03-20), WhIpLaSh (15-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,484 Times

Just googled those pack things. What do you guys use them for?

Sent from my HD1900 using Tapatalk

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slazenger For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (19-03-20), GEORGE (15-03-20)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast