Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Grow Room Cameras

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    81
    Thanks
    94
    Thanked 231 Times in 81 Posts

    Default Grow Room Cameras

    When it comes to modern technology I would likely be suited better to the 1940s, so thought I'd post the query here for some of you more up to date tech lovers.

    What are people's thoughts on wifi cameras to monitor your grow space? I'm sure there are security issues around this being hacked and exposing you but what if the cameras were only pointed on your temp and rh reader screen and not on the plants?

    I'd love to be able to keep an eye on my grow room conditions while out and about.

    McT

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McTavish23 For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (15-03-20), UpInSmoke1990 (15-03-20)

  3. #2

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Elcannabior
    Posts
    1,945
    Thanks
    5,679
    Thanked 9,881 Times in 1,942 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McTavish23 View Post
    When it comes to modern technology I would likely be suited better to the 1940s, so thought I'd post the query here for some of you more up to date tech lovers.

    What are people's thoughts on wifi cameras to monitor your grow space? I'm sure there are security issues around this being hacked and exposing you but what if the cameras were only pointed on your temp and rh reader screen and not on the plants?

    I'd love to be able to keep an eye on my grow room conditions while out and about.

    McT
    Just my two pence peice from something I saw the other day, of course everyone will have a diff opinion but there’s warnings against canes baby monitors because they’re easy to hack so let alone a camera onto a crop? That’s just my opinion but I’ve made many a mistake myself hahahaha


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UpInSmoke1990 For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (15-03-20), McTavish23 (15-03-20)

  5. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    52,052
    Thanks
    137,357
    Thanked 144,494 Times in 41,735 Posts

    Default

    I used to have an IP cam in mine, that I could watch from my phone... it got boring after a while
    “No shame, no humanity, no morals and no principles.”

    (Prince Abdullah)




  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

    gardro (15-03-20), hotshot (15-03-20), McTavish23 (15-03-20), MrCannab1sir (15-03-20), UpInSmoke1990 (15-03-20)

  7. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Royston Vasey
    Posts
    1,645
    Thanks
    2,585
    Thanked 5,858 Times in 1,648 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    I used to have an IP cam in mine, that I could watch from my phone... it got boring after a while
    Same, I had one first time round got bored of it, didn't need it, now sat in a box

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrCannab1sir For This Useful Post:

    gardro (15-03-20), hotshot (15-03-20), M_C (15-03-20)

  9. #5

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    8,178
    Thanks
    21,262
    Thanked 31,328 Times in 7,786 Posts

    Default

    Its not as boring if you record and rewind at x16000

    Great for checking plants response to changes made eg. in feed etc

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (15-03-20), IceCalibur (15-03-20), McTavish23 (15-03-20)

  11. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    81
    Thanks
    94
    Thanked 231 Times in 81 Posts

    Default

    So I could use an ip camera without too much worry? Are there any security precautions I should consider around the network or anything?

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to McTavish23 For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (15-03-20)

  13. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3,600
    Thanks
    3,663
    Thanked 12,405 Times in 2,950 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McTavish23 View Post
    So I could use an ip camera without too much worry? Are there any security precautions I should consider around the network or anything?
    Make sure you change default password.

    I must be alone, I enjoy tuning in to my girls :-)

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jumper114 For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (15-03-20), McTavish23 (15-03-20), M_C (15-03-20)

  15. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    81
    Thanks
    94
    Thanked 231 Times in 81 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper114 View Post
    Make sure you change default password.

    I must be alone, I enjoy tuning in to my girls :-)
    Do you have the cameras app on your phone to tune in? Should I be using a vpn do you think?

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to McTavish23 For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (15-03-20)

  17. #9

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3,600
    Thanks
    3,663
    Thanked 12,405 Times in 2,950 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McTavish23 View Post
    Do you have the cameras app on your phone to tune in? Should I be using a vpn do you think?
    I use the camera app without VPN.

    Browsing here and uploading photos - I rip off the xif info and always use CyberGhost VPN.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jumper114 For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (15-03-20), McTavish23 (15-03-20)

  19. #10

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    16,980
    Thanks
    47,043
    Thanked 55,976 Times in 16,024 Posts

    Default

    Any punk from your neighboorhood or From Accross the globe can hack those . Cops . you name it .

    The simpler the better ... No cams man

    Trex in the Ethos
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (16-03-20), McTavish23 (16-03-20)

  21. #11

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,222
    Thanks
    1,832
    Thanked 4,363 Times in 1,210 Posts

    Default

    I was looking into these myself but got put off thinking about them being hacked and also on one of them someone had left a picture saying it’s on their app and it’s not even their camera so that was the first thing to put me off and the other was some reviews saying if they lose the wifi connection the bastard thing starts making a bleeping sound and that would be a pain in the arse and i real fuckup for my stealthy growdrobe lol

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (16-03-20), McTavish23 (16-03-20)

  23. #12

    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    81
    Thanks
    94
    Thanked 231 Times in 81 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Any punk from your neighboorhood or From Accross the globe can hack those . Cops . you name it .

    The simpler the better ... No cams man

    Trex in the Ethos
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app
    That was my initial thought.

    Its easy to get carried away with all the cool new technology, I have to remind myself that it's still not legal here!

    There's currently only 3 people in the world who know I grow.. Me, my wife and Jeff Bezos. I'd like to keep it that way.

    McT

  24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to McTavish23 For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (16-03-20), scorpion (16-03-20), Trex (16-03-20)

  25. #13

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    16,980
    Thanks
    47,043
    Thanked 55,976 Times in 16,024 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McTavish23 View Post
    That was my initial thought.

    Its easy to get carried away with all the cool new technology, I have to remind myself that it's still not legal here!

    There's currently only 3 people in the world who know I grow.. Me, my wife and Jeff Bezos. I'd like to keep it that way.

    McT
    Haha for all he knows . Mr Bezo probably thinks your growing vegetables lol

    Trex in the Ethos
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (16-03-20)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


THCtalk.com Disclaimer - You must be over 18 years old to view/use this site .THCtalk.com does not encourage growing Cannabis or possessing Cannabis. Learning how to grow Cannabis instructions should be for educational purposes only. All Information contained in this web site is for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and Educational purposes only. Visitors to this website are advised against breaking the law as It is illegal to smoke, grow, or possess cannabis in the UK and some US States