Thread: Bud smell or lack of it

Thanks

Default Bud smell or lack of it

OK so if you've seen my grow in I door growing you will know I've just grown out five strains

I've dryer them the Same four at once with the other about a week later.

The first four dryed for 8days and been in jars for about two weeks this Sunday

Now my question is
    Four of the five absolutely stink as they should with each having a distinct aroma to them.
    Like the super skunk kush havi g a really nice lemon scent to it.

Now my question is one is seedsman white widow
    Looks nice dry well but since chop it's got almost no smell well apart from straw/dried hey smell

I've looked and theres no mould or rot. I've looked on here and so. E posts say as long as it does smell like straw or hay but don't give reasons why.

Will the smell Come back or is it just likely to stay that way. I'm going to be making oil from this so will hell when decarbing if it does.

Cheers for any info. Cbd

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cbd captain For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-03-20), skunkybudmans (17-03-20)

3. Default

Sounds to me like if you dried them all the same, and four of the five all stink nicely..then the one that doesn't smell I'd put down to just an unlucky strain or phenotype

Only other way is if you dried those buds differently to the others..and perhaps dried them too quickly.

Curing does help, but how much it helps will be specific to your bud so no way of saying...you'll just have to wait and find out.

I hope it does for you

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-03-20), Kurdt (18-03-20), M_C (17-03-20), skunkybudmans (17-03-20), Valentina (18-03-20)

Thanks

Thanks for that ice its ment to be a. Good quality strain really and as its just hit 25yrs you would of thought it would be more standereised than most.

I've just taken some cuttings of a mother I kept which is from the same seed bank dirrent seed so we will see if its genetics or not.

I dried them all the same 18c with fan blowing wind around cabinet. Only thing that was different was were they were placed.

O ly time will tell. M

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cbd captain For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-03-20), Trex (18-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Cbd captain View Post
    Thanks for that ice its ment to be a. Good quality strain really and as its just hit 25yrs you would of thought it would be more standereised than most.

I've just taken some cuttings of a mother I kept which is from the same seed bank dirrent seed so we will see if its genetics or not.

I dried them all the same 18c with fan blowing wind around cabinet. Only thing that was different was were they were placed.

O ly time will tell. M
    I do a freezer method cure .

Take your buds . Put it in paper sandwich bags . Then into a ziplock freezer bag .

Suck air out . Put in freezer . Then twice a day take it out let moisture escape .shake buds up .let stand for half hour .put back in . Absolute best way to cure weed i kid you not . Fuck all those glass jars and moisture packs . Waste of money entirely

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Cbd captain (18-03-20), GEORGE (18-03-20)

Thanks

Hi yrex I will give it ago
    So you would dry till branches snap then plac ein paper bag inside a zip lock bag. Then place in freezer opening everyday

How long do you cure for in this method

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cbd captain For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-03-20)

Thanks

OK so I've been out to burp jars and all have now gone to that hey like smell lost there pungent skunk smell

So what did I do wrong they all had around 10day drying at 18c with fan curculating air around

All dried in there branches if it makes any diffrence?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cbd captain For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-03-20)