Thread: Possible chopping/drying errors

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,958 Times
    Provided Answers: 5

Default Answered: Possible chopping/drying errors

Mornin all, I'm having an issue again with a plant I've chopped where after drying it's basically crap atm, harsh and not pleasent at all. Dryin conditions were 19c and 39-41% humidity everytime I checked. May do better after more drying or curing but I'm not so sure. Other than not flushing properly and fuckin up the dry, which would surprise me given the sound conditions of the dryin tent, would not letting the soil dry out before chopping cause excess moisture or something in the plant? Like if I let soil go bone dry would that be a better idea? Not sure how well I explained that, Wakey bakey roll and smoke

2. "I like to aim for 50-58% humidity (starting higher than tapering down), with a small fan circulating air around indirectly..I usually have it facing the wall of the tent and allowing it to bounce around...and hit 16-19c with temps."

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-03-20), Greengrass (21-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,978 Times
    Provided Answers: 2

When drying mine i flushed for 2 weeks with 48hrs darkness at the end then chopped.
    Cut of all the larger leaves then Hung branches upside down set temp to 21c with 50 humidity for 7 days.

Had 2 small fans circulating the air, one high above and one low down (not directed at the bud)

Cured for a week then tested, perfect for me.....

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to funkydawg For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-03-20), Greengrass (21-03-20), Krofam (21-03-20), MrC (21-03-20)

6. Default

I like to aim for 50-58% humidity (starting higher than tapering down), with a small fan circulating air around indirectly..I usually have it facing the wall of the tent and allowing it to bounce around...and hit 16-19c with temps.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-03-20), Greengrass (21-03-20), MrC (21-03-20)

Thanks

I was about ready to scrap it for kief, left it on a tray between some kitchen roll for a cple days, broke the buds down slightly and the joint I'm smokin now has lost that nasty harsh taste. Give it til tomorrow drying then stick it in a jar see how it gets on

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-03-20), IceCalibur (23-03-20)

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MrCannab1sir View Post
    I was about ready to scrap it for kief, left it on a tray between some kitchen roll for a cple days, broke the buds down slightly and the joint I'm smokin now has lost that nasty harsh taste. Give it til tomorrow drying then stick it in a jar see how it gets on
    Glad to read it's lost the nasty harsh taste man...enjoy!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-03-20), MrC (23-03-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Glad to read it's lost the nasty harsh taste man...enjoy!
    Cheers man, probably because I had humidity at 38-40% the whole way through dryin maybe lol

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-03-20), IceCalibur (23-03-20)

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MrCannab1sir View Post
    Cheers man, probably because I had humidity at 38-40% the whole way through dryin maybe lol
    Yeahh I would say that was most likely a contributing factor to them drying too quickly which does produce that 'harshness' you were describing for sure.

It's all good man, next time you'll be more aware of it

15. The Following User Says Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-03-20)

Thanks

It's drying nicely now, got a bud out last night and let it dry on the side over night and its smokin well. Need to get it out the tent really as I've popped some seeds and they've sprouted quicker than I thought they would. Just gonna have to hang it in the bedroom, should be able to keep humitity to 45-50% , it's been on average at 50-55% since monday.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-03-20)