Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hello fellow gardeners.

Thanks

Default Hello fellow gardeners.

Afternoon guys hope you are all cool,
    Just a quick intro as I am hoping to learn alot from what seems to be a great bunch on here...... I must admit I have been a bit of a 'lurker' for a couple of years, on and off.hahaha anyway, I have been doing autos in my greenhouse for the last 4 years with varying results but on the whole I think I have done as well as I could with our varied and unpredictable weather (oh if only every summer was like 2018, sigh) but I'm sick every year with the amount I loose to humidity issues. Therefore i am now in the process of setting up a tent in the aims of being able to go fully self sustained. I realise this is going to be a steeeeep learning curve, going from outdoor to indoor, but I am sure that the same general rules apply; keep them happy and the girls will do you proud.
    I will be using a hlg 550 r spec as I have done plenty of research and they seem to be the most suitable for my needs, in a 4x4 tent with extraction and carbon filter. My first grow will be autos as I have already got a little experience with a few strains and I would be interested to see what they can do under LEDs, but I would like to move over to photo's as I fancy a go at some black d.o.g. and some vanilla kush (my favorite strain from my last trip to the dam about 10 years ago)
    Anyway cheers in advance guys and thanks.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Murray juana For This Useful Post:

G' (22-03-20), GEORGE (21-03-20), M_C (21-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Talking

Welcome to the Talk Murrayjuana, enjoy dude. Cleaver Using name.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

G' (22-03-20), Murray juana (22-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,778 Times

Hi & welcome along
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

G' (22-03-20), GEORGE (21-03-20), Murray juana (22-03-20)

7. Default

Hello Murray, welcome to the forum and nice to have you here..I've tried growing in a greenhouse (type) many years ago..it's always a challenge come flower because of the humidity.

Good luck with the switch to indoor, plenty here to offer advice as you go!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

G' (22-03-20), GEORGE (21-03-20), Murray juana (22-03-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Hello Murray, welcome to the forum and nice to have you here..I've tried growing in a greenhouse (type) many years ago..it's always a challenge come flower because of the humidity.

Good luck with the switch to indoor, plenty here to offer advice as you go!
    Thanks guys.
    Yes the greenhouse is a challenge.... Humidity is the mortal enemy. I've had an amnesia that two weeks before chop looked like a 5 or 6 ozer but come harvest day only yeilded 3oz cause of the bud rot that sneeks in on those big ol nugs. Looking forward to running four and actually getting four plants worth back.hahahaha.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Murray juana For This Useful Post:

G' (22-03-20), GEORGE (22-03-20)

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Murray juana View Post
    Thanks guys.
    Yes the greenhouse is a challenge.... Humidity is the mortal enemy. I've had an amnesia that two weeks before chop looked like a 5 or 6 ozer but come harvest day only yeilded 3oz cause of the bud rot that sneeks in on those big ol nugs. Looking forward to running four and actually getting four plants worth back.hahahaha.
    Lol oh that's heartbreaking man!..yeahhh, I have one of those decent humidifiers and a dehumidifier too that help control the humidity when I need, it's such an important factor it's really cool to have some level of control over it

Good air circulation helps tons too!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm glad you replied icecalibur..... As your signature mentions auto blackberry.
    I've tried a couple each year the last two years (in the greenhouse)and they have been pants mcpants face. Just wondering if you have had anymore luck with them.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Murray juana For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-03-20)

15. Default

I've had good results from them Murray..

I grew them out twice, once in soil and once in coco, check out the results if you like ;

Soil grow - Linky

Coco grow (same strain) - Linky

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

G' (22-03-20), GEORGE (22-03-20), Murray juana (22-03-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Lol oh that's heartbreaking man!..yeahhh, I have one of those decent humidifiers and a dehumidifier too that help control the humidity when I need, it's such an important factor it's really cool to have some level of control over it

Good air circulation helps tons too!
    Yes the circulation would help.

The only problem is my greenhouse is 400ft away from my house so getting electric to it is a pain in the arse. I do prefer the outdoor organic weed as it seems to carry the terps all the way to the end of a doob and all the indoor grown stuff loses its flavour after the first pull. But I guess that's the benefit of growing under the big grow lamp in the sky. Lol

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Murray juana For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,778 Times

Bud rot & autos often go hand in hand in the UK

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast