Thread: Novice, researched, first setup, comments please ?

Thanks

Default Novice, researched, first setup, comments please ?

Hi folks,

I have been smoking for 35 years now. I've grown the odd bit and learnt a few things along the way ?

I currently smoke about 6oz a month. I would like to grow my own to smoke and for a hobby.

I have researched and read quite abit and I have come up with a list of things that I think I need. I've probably gone way overboard lol and got things I dont need and got things wrong. I would like to grow as well as I possibly can when it comes to equipment for my budget.

Would be great if you guys could give me some help with my equipment choices and any suggestions would be wicked.

I have a whole room but will be putting a tent inside it as my Mrs doesn't want any smell or noise. So to try keep it short, looking for,

I chose Coco Coir medium.

Budget - £1500

Was thinking 2 plants + 2 ready to go chain? Not sure on the amounts you get per plant?

Would love to if possible down the line to have a go at breeding and growing some school or rare strains. That would be my end goal.

Green Cube tent - not sure on tent size needed?

Grow Light, SF-1000 LED Grow Lights with SAMSUNG Chips Dimmable

As odorless as possible
    As quiet as possible
    As low electricity as possible (led?)

10-Gallon Soft-Sided Container
    Canna Coco plus
    Litre Buckets White Plastic with Lids
    Ph down
    Ph meter
    Ph buffer 4 & 7
    Rhizotonic
    Canna A + B
    Canna PK13/14
    Canna boost
    EC meter
    Black Orchid Mixed Flow In Line
    Ram 125/475 5-inch 350m³/ hr Filter
    Rope Ratchet Clip Hangers, 1/8" Heavy Duty
    Advanced Floriculture Bloom OOZE
    Room Thermometer Digital

Any suggestions please on where to purchase all this in the UK that is reputable and might do a deal for everything?

Anyways thanks for reading and look forward to learning alot here ?

Hope I didnt break any forum rules with this post.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gstring For This Useful Post:

2wasted (22-03-20), GEORGE (22-03-20), Mac (22-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,186 Times

i think my startup budget was £200 lol i bought a QB260 V3 Samsung LM301H 3000k/660NM LED Quantum Light Meanwell HLG this week for £350 ish(cant mind), #led is imo best bet because its cheaper running it, less heat and lasts longer, quality over power all day long with led, livid(sponsor on here) have good quality lights.I use a cupboard instead of a tent and can do 6 plants in about 2mtr x 1, for that size you dont need a mega carbon filter and fan kit, one for about £100 would be plenty. you want a normal room fan to get the air flowing about your grow, again nothing mega bucks. hope that little bit of info helps.. Welcoe to the forum,good luck on yar upcoming grow(s). 1 bit if advice i would give for the 1 st grow, dont try to do too much, u will hear loads of info about everything from seed to harvest but try and just stick to the basics..

and mind, we are always about to ask when not sure on something, sometime stoned but here :P
    I am everyone and i am no one.

2 x CBD Lemon Potion Auto and 2 x LSD Auto
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...d-2-x-LSD-Auto(finished)

SeedStockers BCN Critical XXL Autoflowering Feminised
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...ring-Feminised(finished with 6oz)

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 2wasted For This Useful Post:

cough (22-03-20), GEORGE (22-03-20), Gstring (22-03-20), Mac (22-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Gstring View Post
    Hi folks,

I chose Coco Coir medium.

Budget - £1500

Was thinking 2 plants + 2 ready to go chain? Not sure on the amounts you get per plant?

Would love to if possible down the line to have a go at breeding and growing some school or rare strains. That would be my end goal.

Green Cube tent - not sure on tent size needed?

Grow Light, SF-1000 LED Grow Lights with SAMSUNG Chips Dimmable

As odorless as possible
    As quiet as possible
    As low electricity as possible (led?)

10-Gallon Soft-Sided Container
    Canna Coco plus
    Litre Buckets White Plastic with Lids
    Ph down
    Ph meter
    Ph buffer 4 & 7
    Rhizotonic
    Canna A + B
    Canna PK13/14
    Canna boost
    EC meter
    Black Orchid Mixed Flow In Line
    Ram 125/475 5-inch 350m³/ hr Filter
    Rope Ratchet Clip Hangers, 1/8" Heavy Duty
    Advanced Floriculture Bloom OOZE
    Room Thermometer Digital

Any suggestions please on where to purchase all this in the UK that is reputable and might do a deal for everything?

Anyways thanks for reading and look forward to learning alot here ?

Hope I didnt break any forum rules with this post.
    Green qube are a good solid choice for your tent and will last many grows. Have a look for their LED specific tents, they are white lined instead of mylar

The LED light you have chosen is a good pick, My personal recommendation is HLG all the way, but its a solid choice and will grow you some lovely quality.

if you are growing Autos then 10 gallon may be a tad large, most people stick with 5gal or less. For Photoperiod I don't know that's not my area, but someone else can advise you there

PH and EC meter, My recommendation here is Bluelabs, accurate reliable and well made. Their EC truncheon doesn't need re-calibrating so is one less thing to worry about. as well as buffer 4+7 you will need some meter storage solution to keep the PH pen in tip top condition and stop the probe drying out

I use the canna range myself, you wont go far wrong with them. The rhizotonic tells you to use 4ml/L, if you use 2ml/L you will get the same results for half the money

You mention a thermometer but not a hygrometer to measure room humidity. Recommend the ThermoPro TP65. Its accurate, pretty cheap and has a wireless sensor and base unit for remote monitoring. Does temp and humidity. Can buy separate sensors as well for use in multiple locations.

Not used the black orchid fans or ram filters so cant comment on them. My choice here is blauberg RVK fan and mountainair filter. RVK fans will run forever if you just leave em going and the Mountain Air filters are regarded one of the best. They are refillable too if you have a pop rivet gun.

NO SELL, NO SMELL, NO TELL!!!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

cough (22-03-20), GEORGE (22-03-20), Gstring (22-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,984 Times

All mylife I've called them pot rivets lol great tip re: the filters Maccajuana!
    STICK YOUR SKINS AND SPIN UP

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cough For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-03-20), Gstring (22-03-20)

Thanks

Awesome chaps

I didnt seem to do too bad then lol

Thanks so much for the info.

Ok did not know there were different linings for the tents for leds, great to know. Cheers ??

I'm sure most people started with hardly anything. I mean when I lived in Spain, it was literally, soil, water and sun lol They came out lovely.

Also thanks for the tent size. 2x1 will be plenty then.

I already had Bluelabs in baskets. Wasnt sure if I was allowed to post names lol The hydrometer is something I missed so many thanks for that.

The fans and filter I know the least about so they were kind of a guess. I will definitely check out the ones you mentioned ?? This is the part I'm most unsure of on how to setup etc

Which model of fan and filter from your recommendations do I need for up to 6 plants? There is loads lol

I looked at the HLG lights. They seem much more expensive for the same 1000w. Do I even need a 1000w? Maybe I should invest in HLG right now then?

Can you reccomend where I should buy all this from please if you are allowed.

I will post up when I start it all as I'm sure I will need some help

Cheers chaps
    Last edited by Gstring; 22-03-20 at 04:41 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gstring For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-03-20), M_C (22-03-20)