Thread: Any thoughts on air cooled lights

Thanks

Default Any thoughts on air cooled lights

Has any one used air cooled lights before? I was thinking of changing my 3 600w hps lights from the standard reflectors/wings to 6 inch air. Oil lights as my temps are getting to their max already? Would I see a difference in my temps? I have a low ceiling so can get quite hot in there and I’ve had to turn my lights down to 400 to keep it below 30.
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Raggajj For This Useful Post:

Adriaanoo (23-03-20), CityDweller (24-03-20), funkysnair (23-03-20), hotshot (23-03-20)

Thanks

Hi,

I had a problem with my 600w hps before over 30C temp, buying air cooled hood helped me a lot, now it is around 26-29 on a warm day.

So if you do have a problem with temp I do recommnend to buy cooled hood. Im blowing the hot air out next to my window so try to do the same.

Hope this helps mate

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Adriaanoo For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (24-03-20), hotshot (23-03-20), Raggajj (24-03-20)

Thanks

Thanks mate heard similar things. Gna go for it but not expecting amazing results. Any reduction will make me happier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raggajj For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (24-03-20), hotshot (24-03-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,729 Times in 6,612 Posts

If using a strong blower and in taking cool fresh air and exhausting out of the room then temperature reduction is significant. The only problem is the light intensity reduction caused by the glass. Still worth it if heat is an issue. When I was growing HPS the air cooling hoods made it possible to grow. Without the hoods the heat fried my plants.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

hotshot (24-03-20)