Thread: Little help required regarding first mainlines

Thanks

Default Little help required regarding first mainlines

Hi all, been growing my first 4 mainlines over the past month or so very slowly under a 50w spotlight while I set the new room up, I have topped to 16 tops and obviously cleaned all lower nodes and leaves along the way but what about the nodes from now on? I am happy at 16 tops a plant and plan to flip them as soon as I'm happy size wise, but what about the new nodes that will grow on my 16 tops as I let the plants gain size before flip? Should I leave the plant be now that I'm at 16 tops and just let it branch out from there or should I trim all the branches that grow at node points now on my 16 tops? Sorry for the rambling format of the message I'm using an extremely old tablet to write this! I will be using standard 600w hps\mh in a few days when they arrive and plants are in autopots in bio nova all mix soil on bio nova super soil mutes, any help or input really appreciated. Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0258.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	380983   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0256.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	380984  

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Smokerontheroof For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (24-03-20), GEORGE (23-03-20), M_C (23-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,171 Times

In my experience, just left to branch out gets overcrowded. I prefer to thin them out a bit. Does not have to be just mains. Some sides are ok but best if not overlapping. The best weed gets air and light from all sides.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-03-20), Smokerontheroof (26-03-20)

Thanks

Thanks City Dweller, I've done quite a few grows before but new to the whole mainline thing, I used to share a 8x4 with a friend
    and we would pull around 40oz but a lot of small stuff, I want to try and pull a minimum of 20oz of premium nug now that I'm on my own in a 4x4..

The reason I ask about leaving side branches on my 16 main branches is I've read a lot about every top having to be the exact same distance from the mainline for maximum efficiency, that would leave me in an all or nothing situation from now on in terms of trimming or leaving my side branches.

My strains are:

1 ayahuasca purple
    1 peyote cookies
    2 amnesia og

Will be running 600w in a 4x4 with adequate airflow
    4 15 litre auto-pots
    Nutes and soil mentioned in post above
    Pk13/14 and plagron green sensation in flower
    Ph and ec kept in check daily

My main goal is to try and produce a minimum of 20oz of equally sized equally potent bud. How do-able is this with my info and plant state as of now?

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20200325-WA0000.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	191.3 KB 
ID:	381050   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20200325-WA0001.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	140.1 KB 
ID:	381051  

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Smokerontheroof For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-03-20)