Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Am I on the right lines please someone?

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 1

Moved the light guys to around 24” thanks very much to you all, and I’ll have to look at some more lights maybe a 400w but would that go straight in, I know the Edison screw side will but I mean as power as it’s a magnetic ballast so only has the setting it’s on and the shop sold me it with a 600w bulb and said it’s good to go right through but maybe if a 400w will work without blowing or causing any damage I may look for one, and for me mate it will be a BS (British Standard bulb) as I’m in the U.K. but it’s good to know the cheaper stuff works just as well if not better as you said ‘HotShot’ thanks for that, and has anyone got any ideas on the Tropicana Banana, it’s still yet to show and under a clear plastic tub to act as propagator (hopefully, I’ve sprayed inside to help humidity etc) but is they’re something I need to do or should do or is it just a waiting game and fingers crossed? Thanks again for the help and support really appreciated as I do need the help so thank you all very much!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E4E64831-56DB-4563-B6D3-5ED84FA7F716.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	381015
    Last edited by Gasher90; 25-03-20 at 02:30 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gasher90 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times
    Provided Answers: 105

Quote Originally Posted by Gasher90 View Post
    Moved the light guys to around 24” thanks very much to you all, and I’ll have to look at some more lights maybe a 400w but would that go straight in, I know the Edison screw side will but I mean as power as it’s a magnetic ballast so only has the setting it’s on and the shop sold me it with a 600w bulb and said it’s good to go right through but maybe if a 400w will work without blowing or causing any damage I may look for one, and for me mate it will be a BS (British Standard bulb) as I’m in the U.K. but it’s good to know the cheaper stuff works just as well if not better as you said ‘HotShot’ thanks for that, and has anyone got any ideas on the Tropicana Banana, it’s still yet to show and under a clear plastic tub to act as propagator (hopefully, I’ve sprayed inside to help humidity etc) but is they’re something I need to do or should do or is it just a waiting game and fingers crossed? Thanks again for the help and support really appreciated as I do need the help so thank you all very much!

Name:	E4E64831-56DB-4563-B6D3-5ED84FA7F716.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	381015
    I think you will need A digital Ballast for the 400W, I don't think it will work with your type of 600 ballast you have. You can buy A 1,000W digital ballast, and run 600, 400, and 250W on it. If you think you want ever need A 1,000W one, you can just buy the 600W digital ballast, and it will work on all three bulbs. 250, 400, and 600. They don't cost A lot, and would be A good investment if you think you will stay with HPS. But on the other hand you might want to go with the HLG LED's, Lots of people swear by those. good luck and happy growing.

Thanks

Cheers Hotshot, and yeah it’s something I’ll invest in, probably shop around for LED’s I just didn’t want to spend a load of money on either stuff I don’t need or won’t use orrrr bugger this grow up and throw the towel in, I just wanted to get through one grow before I started to spend money especially if it all goes wrong and I loose my heart in it I’ll just carry on buying which obviously I don’t want, but yeah I’ll make notes and shop around online before my next grow (I think) thanks again for the info and advice, I will take it on board and look around cheers Hotshot and other guys who’ve replied and helped me out, thanks again! I’ll

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gasher90 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-03-20)

Thanks

Guys I’m having trouble with x1 seed (Tropicana Banana, the only one I really wanted to work out and payed more for it than the other x3) the seed sunk as soon as it hit the water, it cracked and kicked its tap root out in a couple of hours, I’ve got the all in Jiffy Pellets and now in 1L it’s, I’m watering with run off on the x3 good plants but the Tropicana Banana is still in it’s shell but the root I’ve seen and is white, look brown on photo from dirt but it is white, I’ve had a clear plastic tub covering the plant to act as a propagator, have I to water the seed with run off like the others or is there something else I could try? Cheers guys happy growing!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gasher90 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-03-20)

Thanks

Name:	E96CF8E8-7890-4E3D-B290-DFD2734DF864.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	110.2 KB 
ID:	381132

Name:	15EF226C-4E29-4B26-93D0-835D3A628264.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	104.6 KB 
ID:	381133

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gasher90 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-03-20), Grower88 (01-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,940 Times
    Provided Answers: 2

Ya don't want the soil to wet if not the seed won't grow.
    I put my seeds in tissue and damp the tissue to the point its moist not dripping of water!. Then plant root down after 3-5 days and water gently to force the roots to search for water

Current diary https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grower88 For This Useful Post:

Gasher90 (16-04-20), GEORGE (01-04-20)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2