Thread: Germinating Harlequin Seeds

Thanks

Default Germinating Harlequin Seeds

Hi there,

This is my first post and I am new to growing.

A brief explanation of my situation is below, if you could help that would be so amazing:

So I want to grow Harlequin for medical reasons as I really think this strain will be good for me and my needs.

I purchased 12 Harlequin Bx4 from BC Bud Depot (well not them directly but they are the seed developers) seeds on two occasions. I have now had three separate attempts at germination of 6 seeds using the paper towel method with these Harlequin seed (this is my first time) and each time after about 4 days they have cracked and then very slowly the tap root has only very slightly come out, eventually a yellow looking leafy thing (not looking healthy at all) on some of them would appear but just looked totally wrong.

I thought i was doing something completely wrong in my germination technique so I decided to try germination with four different seeds (all different strains) that i got for free with my orders of Harlequin, I did exactly the same method as with the Harlequin and all of them have germinated properly, with a nice white taproot coming out and i have now planted them and they have begun to grow into plants.

The only issue I have is that I really want the Harlequin strain to grow. I have six seeds left and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on what i need to do to get these seeds working. Is it something to do with the strain? Do they take longer? Do they require a different germination technique to the others that have worked for me?

I look forward to your answers and would like to thank you in advance!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ELROYAL034 For This Useful Post:

BB (28-03-20), GEORGE (28-03-20), Greengrass (28-03-20), IceCalibur (28-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,398 Times

Hi and welcome.best way iv found is to soak in a glass of water over night then wet your kitcken paper but squeeze it out good you don’t want it to wet.put ya beans in the paper then place into a sandwich bag then put in a warm place.i use a heated propagator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BB For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-03-20), Greengrass (28-03-20), IceCalibur (28-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Soak in water, until you see seed crack, then plant. JMO

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

BB (28-03-20), Greengrass (28-03-20), IceCalibur (28-03-20)

7. Default

Hello and welcome to the forum ELROYAL034, nice to have you here

You won't go wrong following the advice above

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

BB (28-03-20), GEORGE (28-03-20), Greengrass (28-03-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forum ELROYAL034, nice to have you here

You won't go wrong following the advice above
    I have done the paper towel method before with the Harlequin seeds and it didn’t work, but did exactly the same method with 4 x seeds all of different strains and they all worked fine.

What do I need to do to get the harlequin seeds to work. I’m thinking of trying as suggested above and just planting straight into soil?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ELROYAL034 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-03-20)

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ELROYAL034 View Post
    I have done the paper towel method before with the Harlequin seeds and it didn’t work, but did exactly the same method with 4 x seeds all of different strains and they all worked fine.

What do I need to do to get the harlequin seeds to work. I’m thinking of trying as suggested above and just planting straight into soil?
    Hmm so if you had good results using the method with 4 seeds from all different strains and the only issues you're having is with the harlequin, it's possible they were DOA..

Try sanding down the shells a tadge (carefully by hand) before popping them into the water.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-03-20)

Thanks

Hi not sure if it will help but I've had 100% germ rate with the way do it.
    Hope this helps and the paper towel works a treat I'm just not in any rush to germ so let nature do its thing

So I take a small pot of medium of your choice (biobizz light mix is what I use)
    Soak in ph'd water leave to drain and warm up for two days.
    I place seeds half a thumb nail deep and cover or place in a bag to help with moisture.
    And leave on top of my boiler to keep warm.
    Last two seeds I did this way only took four days to pop above ground.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cbd captain For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-03-20)