Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: spider farmer sf1000 led driver alternative?

Thanks

Default spider farmer sf1000 led driver alternative?

Hello all
    I have a sf1000 100w spider farmer led here.
    The driver is mounted on the board and to adjust the dimmer you need to screw it off and fiddle with a screw driver etc, just a right stupid design (wish I went with a different light in hindsight)
    Can anyone recommend replacement drivers with a dimmer knob on them? I would also prefer to mount the driver outside the tent as well for less heat. Something like the migro 100 led drivers.
    Failing that I will have to cut the lead and extend it to have the driver out of the tent and fiddle with the dimmer knob there.

Thanks
    Last edited by budjam; 29-03-20 at 12:40 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to budjam For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-03-20), scorpion (20-04-20)

Thanks

I just bought some 2 core 1mm rubber flex and weatherproof connectors so will just extend the driver cable and wall mount it outside the tent for easy access, will mount them right above the wall plugs that show what power they are drawing for easy fine tuning of power
    Thanks

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to budjam For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-03-20), scorpion (20-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by budjam View Post
    I just bought some 2 core 1mm rubber flex and weatherproof connectors so will just extend the driver cable and wall mount it outside the tent for easy access, will mount them right above the wall plugs that show what power they are drawing for easy fine tuning of power
    Thanks
    Hey bud,

I'm currently looking at the SF1000, how's the performance of it?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrFox For This Useful Post:

budjam (20-04-20), GEORGE (13-04-20), scorpion (20-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DrFox View Post
    Hey bud,

I'm currently looking at the SF1000, how's the performance of it?
    Hi mate, happy 420
    They are really nice lights, such a decent price for Samsung LED’s and a Meanwell driver, I keep them in the higher side of the recommended height so by buds don’t go toasty.
    I’m looking to upgrade to a new pricey led to for my 2x4 tent, nearly pressed order a few times now but the price is so high and then customs import duty as their from the USA....
    looking at the new chilled led grow craft x330.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to budjam For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-04-20), scorpion (20-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

A meanwell HLG type B will let you run a lead to a remote location and put a knob there.

Can you measure the DC voltage at all? If not will need to do some research online to see what dc volts and amps the board pulls.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

budjam (20-04-20), GEORGE (20-04-20), scorpion (20-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,337 Times

Glad you got it sorted m8, I looked at them before I got mine from vividled they are worth having a look at when ur getting ur others m8, I got a 150w Hlg Quantum board qb288 rspec off him a couple of weeks ago and it’s powerful as fuck and he’s a decent bloke that knows his shit

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

budjam (20-04-20), GEORGE (20-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion View Post
    Glad you got it sorted m8, I looked at them before I got mine from vividled they are worth having a look at when ur getting ur others m8, I got a 150w Hlg Quantum board qb288 rspec off him a couple of weeks ago and it’s powerful as fuck and he’s a decent bloke that knows his shit
    Hi mate
    Just checked the vivid lens and they do look nice, What I like about the chilled led grow craft x330 is they are nearly 4 foot wide so will give and amazing coverage right across the tent, that price tho...
    Then I'm like should I just keep my 2 x spider farmer sf1000s or sell them.. first world problems as they say

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to budjam For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    A meanwell HLG type B will let you run a lead to a remote location and put a knob there.

Can you measure the DC voltage at all? If not will need to do some research online to see what dc volts and amps the board pulls.

Not sure on the dc voltage sorry mate.
    If I did keep them I would remote the drivers outside the tent for easy access to the dimmer pots.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to budjam For This Useful Post:

gardro (20-04-20), GEORGE (20-04-20), scorpion (20-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Not sure on the dc voltage sorry mate.
    If I did keep them I would remote the drivers outside the tent for easy access to the dimmer pots.
    You can put the driver where you like. You can also put the dimmer pot where you like, not necessarily with the driver

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,337 Times

Hi mate
    Just checked the vivid lens and they do look nice, What I like about the chilled led grow craft x330 is they are nearly 4 foot wide so will give and amazing coverage right across the tent, that price tho...
    Then I'm like should I just keep my 2 x spider farmer sf1000s or sell them.. first world problems as they say
    I get ya m8, there’s a lot of money in them, if you’ve already got the lights though use them man them spiderfarmer ones did look nice to me

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

budjam (20-04-20), gardro (20-04-20), GEORGE (20-04-20)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast