Thread: Watering seedlings

Thanks

Default Answered: Watering seedlings

So I have had 2 grows now using Auto Chem Bubbly seeds and had great success in my grow tent, got plenty of weed that I have been enjoying but there is one thing I have struggled to clarify with watering seedlings. My grows have gone well but haven't been perfect so just trying to improve, to be honest I think I enjoy growing it more than smoking it, become quite a hobby.

Basically I germinate the seeds then plant them in the soil, I use a spray bottle to keep the seeds moist In the soil, however once they sprout, should I keep the area constantly moist or let it dry out then water them? Basically what would be the water routine straight after sprouting?

Mick

2. "Try to get the roots to spread out by water a few inches away with like 250 ml will see you good for a few days and a high humidity will mean you can water less
    Have a look at the seedlings through your loupe and you'll see hairs that hold onto the moisture but too low humidy will strip them of moisture
    If any of that helps
    For straight up good ol soil I'm referring to
    Atb"

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Auto Mick For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-03-20), Mac (29-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times
    Provided Answers: 15

Try to get the roots to spread out by water a few inches away with like 250 ml will see you good for a few days and a high humidity will mean you can water less
    Have a look at the seedlings through your loupe and you'll see hairs that hold onto the moisture but too low humidy will strip them of moisture
    If any of that helps
    For straight up good ol soil I'm referring to
    Atb

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-03-20), Mac (29-03-20)