Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hps in veg, led in flower ??

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,413 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Bkh View Post
    Hi all im an absolute noob in led lighting but was gonna try my hand with a lumatek zues pro but was wondering can i veg in my veg room with my 600w hps then move under the lumatek once i decide to flip or would i need to introduce the led sooner
    Thanks
    Most people would use the LED for veg and HPS for flower.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to scoot For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,588 Times

be aware. changing from hps to led and vice versa will have an effect of plants while it adjusts. they can look ill in this process so dont panic

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krofam For This Useful Post:

daddyO (07-06-20), GEORGE (10-05-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scootb View Post
    Most people would use the LED for veg and HPS for flower.
    Other than cost implications with premium leds I havent seen many people doing that to be honest...thats just me though, but with the light adjustment between the spectrums and PAR etc, that kind of retards the growth while they transition...hark at me lol, sounds like a genger change documentory!

I use Led to veg and this is my last hps flower cycle. The more I read and see, just about everywhere, and my own experince with the veg light, is that premium LED is the future, by a way. You get a 3rd more light for your watts and no running wattage...so your 300w premium led is the equivalent of a 400w hps over 1m2 and draws exactly 300w...at an average, in coco, of 1,5 ish GPW harvest. Ive never exceeded 1 gpw in hps in a very long time of growing...when you can run 600w direct draw and get a 1k equivalent grow light, that normally cost you approx 1100w with the ballast and depending on your bulb age, and or a 'boost' button that most digiballast have these days...thats a 500w saving per light.

Then again if youre not bothered about costs, then HPS is well good enough, ive used it for years and years, expensive sonTs, top end dual specs and got lovely results nearly every time. I dont think I'd change between LED and HPS on the cusp so to speak, but each to his own...

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daddyO For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-06-20), Miffy (20-06-20), scoot (08-06-20)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2