Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: LED strip build for 1 plant

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Silkadin View Post
    I give up on the epoxy. My own fault... ordered the wrong type. Too focused on the delivery time and cost. Got the quick setting kind... was halfway through covering the cabinet door when it started to set. The stuff left in the mixing bowl smoked as it set. I tried chiseling it off but it tears up the osb. So new plan is to cut a new door from ply as I've ran out of osb) which I've done. I used a trimmer/router to create a 2mm deep channel on the inside of the door for the seal to sit in. Tomorrow I'll sand it, paint it, and then use what little normal epoxy I held back to give it a thin coat.
    What ya using the epoxy for silkadin?

in a green and pleasant land

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-04-20), Mac (17-04-20), Silkadin (23-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    What ya using the epoxy for silkadin?

Building a cabinet for the lights to go in. Always wanted to try epoxy to get that glass finish and only have the scrap wood from my old bench to use so I thought I'd give it a go. Still wanna try it again some time... the resin tables I've seen on YouTube look awesome. Not exactly ideal for a cabinet but I thought I could make it work. Tired of spending cash and waiting on deliveries tho.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

British green (08-04-20), gardro (10-04-20), GEORGE (10-04-20), Mac (17-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Building a cabinet for the lights to go in. Always wanted to try epoxy to get that glass finish and only have the scrap wood from my old bench to use so I thought I'd give it a go. Still wanna try it again some time... the resin tables I've seen on YouTube look awesome. Not exactly ideal for a cabinet but I thought I could make it work. Tired of spending cash and waiting on deliveries tho.
    I'd say that you'd actually want to fibreglass the inside of the cabinet then. Completely water proof chemical resistant and once sealed no leaks of any type?

I'm sure a fibreglass cabinet would work out cheaper than trying to seal it with epoxy resin.
    A good couple of coats of pva would also seal it and eventually give a glass like finish

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

gardro (10-04-20), GEORGE (10-04-20), Mac (17-04-20), Silkadin (23-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    I'd say that you'd actually want to fibreglass the inside of the cabinet then. Completely water proof chemical resistant and once sealed no leaks of any type?

I'm sure a fibreglass cabinet would work out cheaper than trying to seal it with epoxy resin.
    A good couple of coats of pva would also seal it and eventually give a glass like finish

Never tried fiberglassing, intrigued tho. So far the sides and top all have a thin layer of epoxy on em but only on the outside. It's hard but not as slick as I thought... feels tacky but not... kinda like a non slip material. I still have my old tent partially chopped up plus some scrap mylar so might use that inside, or i have some wood sealer, white paint and varnish. Still an armature in the workshop so always appreciate tips and advice so cheers for comments.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

British green (08-04-20), gardro (10-04-20), GEORGE (08-04-20), Mac (17-04-20), redisiel (10-04-20)

Thanks

Getting pissed off with my aluminum bar delivery not showing up yet. Estimated delivery was 6th to 8th. Haven't got any response to 2 messages sent to the seller.
    Good feedback and a big seller tho so dont think I've been scammed. Hate being ignored tho

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

gardro (10-04-20), GEORGE (10-04-20), IceCalibur (10-04-20), Mac (17-04-20), redisiel (10-04-20)

Thanks

Waiting for epoxy to cure and then I can work on attaching the door.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-04-20), IceCalibur (10-04-20), Mac (17-04-20)

Thanks

Wish I'd bought better hinges... ones I'm using are a bit rubbish and ones slightly bent. The doors on and the seal works apart from one side where I ripped it off thinking that it was wedging the door too much. Haven't given up but if I can't find a way of tightly closing the door (as magnets will be too weak) I'll look at getting a tent and I'll turn the cabinet into shelves lol.
    Or I take the seal off so it closes easy and buy more to apply to an inner strip bordering the door opening. Shame though as I was hoping I'd be able to put in drawer runners so I could slide the plant out for training.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-04-20), IceCalibur (11-04-20), Mac (17-04-20)

Thanks

They're not pretty but hopefully they'll work.

Just need those bars to show up. Been told it'll be by Friday now. Could've got them cheaper but their 3-5 day delivery hooked me mug that I am. Neutral feedback for this one lol... I rarely give negative.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-04-20), Mac (17-04-20)

Thanks

Damn Ebay sellers. A week after the delivery date they tell be they'll be here today or tomorrow. Today I was refunded. So again, waiting on bars from a different seller

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-04-20), Mac (17-04-20)

19. Default

Damn Ebay sellers. A week after the delivery date they tell be they'll be here today or tomorrow. Today I was refunded. So again, waiting on bars from a different seller
    Although I know some may be genuine due to the situation...I know many eBay sellers are taking the opportunity to use covid as there 'go to excuse' as to why things are not turning up, most of the trust sellers have actually closed up shop.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-04-20), Mac (17-04-20), Silkadin (23-04-20)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast