Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help choosing LED light

Thanks

Default Help choosing LED light

Hello everyone, I hope you are all safe and in good health during this covid-19 bs.

For about a year I been toying with getting off dihydrocodeine and antidepressants. Been on them for about 10 years and I think that + stress led to me getting ulcerative colitis. Wife was dead against it but we compromised. As we live in a small 1 bedroom flat, I could grow my own med plants if they were hidden. She did not want a tent that would be obvious to any visitors.

So I started looking over multiple micro grow (pc grows) tutorials. Wife was happy with this. I soon realised to replace the evil pharma im reliant on I would need something bigger. I decided to build a stealth roughly same dimensions as a bedroom wardrobe.

Im am really rubbish working with electric/electronics and so have decided to just buy the light. My budget all in is only £250.00 as the wife and I are now out of work because of this d!ckhead of a virus that is goin about.
    I been lookin at various websites including amazon and picked a few but seems the more I learn the less I know. Im ok with diy but struggle with wattage etc.

My stealth wardrobe will be H202, W104, D70cm. I worked out the square footage as being 7.80 and so need roughly 400 watts. Thought would be easy to pick a light but first thing I saw on website was ( 600w led, perfect for blah blah etc etc, actual wattage is 120w).
    I thought to myself wtf is this? I know im a bit thick but surely they don't think im thick enough to pay for a 600w light and the light is only 120 w. Sort of then quickly worked out (3 or 4 hours later) that 120w is what is being used to 600w equivalent. I then thought better get some help ffs.

As I said, at this time of people losing their jobs, being stressed off their t!ts my stupid wee problem isn't so important. Then again im stressed, so I suppose I really need to get this sorted.

When I was younger my m8's loved a wee toke. I tried everything but for some reason 1 draw and im whiteying, sat in the corner thinking everyone was talking about me before going home all fu@ked up. Only as an adult have I realised there is hundres of strains with different effects. I tried blow countless times with same nasty results. Realising about the different strains did explain 1 thing though. Before my countless whitey episodes, when I was 15 my school friend gave me a small wee bag of what looked like grass. He said it was grass but I was uneducated and just though as he was a hippy he meant a different form of blow.
    Anyway, rolled one at home, smoked it and still to this day remember how relaxed I felt. As someone with extreme anxiety I have tried and tried to find that stuff without joy. I feel I am armed with the info now to make it happen.

My migrains/back pain and sleep problems are the worst and so wouldn't mind growing harlequin or headband. Think I read blue dream would be ok too.

Anyway, sorry for rattling on. If anyone could give me any recommendations for a decent 600w led I would be very grateful.
    Don't wanna go expensive and don't wanna go cheap either or whats the point.

Cheers people,
    Teddy

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Teddy_amok For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-04-20), Mac (03-04-20), redisiel (03-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 58,353 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy_amok View Post
    Hello everyone, I hope you are all safe and in good health during this covid-19 bs.

For about a year I been toying with getting off dihydrocodeine and antidepressants. Been on them for about 10 years and I think that + stress led to me getting ulcerative colitis. Wife was dead against it but we compromised. As we live in a small 1 bedroom flat, I could grow my own med plants if they were hidden. She did not want a tent that would be obvious to any visitors.

So I started looking over multiple micro grow (pc grows) tutorials. Wife was happy with this. I soon realised to replace the evil pharma im reliant on I would need something bigger. I decided to build a stealth roughly same dimensions as a bedroom wardrobe.

Im am really rubbish working with electric/electronics and so have decided to just buy the light. My budget all in is only £250.00 as the wife and I are now out of work because of this d!ckhead of a virus that is goin about.
    I been lookin at various websites including amazon and picked a few but seems the more I learn the less I know. Im ok with diy but struggle with wattage etc.

My stealth wardrobe will be H202, W104, D70cm. I worked out the square footage as being 7.80 and so need roughly 400 watts. Thought would be easy to pick a light but first thing I saw on website was ( 600w led, perfect for blah blah etc etc, actual wattage is 120w).
    I thought to myself wtf is this? I know im a bit thick but surely they don't think im thick enough to pay for a 600w light and the light is only 120 w. Sort of then quickly worked out (3 or 4 hours later) that 120w is what is being used to 600w equivalent. I then thought better get some help ffs.

As I said, at this time of people losing their jobs, being stressed off their t!ts my stupid wee problem isn't so important. Then again im stressed, so I suppose I really need to get this sorted.

When I was younger my m8's loved a wee toke. I tried everything but for some reason 1 draw and im whiteying, sat in the corner thinking everyone was talking about me before going home all fu@ked up. Only as an adult have I realised there is hundres of strains with different effects. I tried blow countless times with same nasty results. Realising about the different strains did explain 1 thing though. Before my countless whitey episodes, when I was 15 my school friend gave me a small wee bag of what looked like grass. He said it was grass but I was uneducated and just though as he was a hippy he meant a different form of blow.
    Anyway, rolled one at home, smoked it and still to this day remember how relaxed I felt. As someone with extreme anxiety I have tried and tried to find that stuff without joy. I feel I am armed with the info now to make it happen.

My migrains/back pain and sleep problems are the worst and so wouldn't mind growing harlequin or headband. Think I read blue dream would be ok too.

Anyway, sorry for rattling on. If anyone could give me any recommendations for a decent 600w led I would be very grateful.
    Don't wanna go expensive and don't wanna go cheap either or whats the point.

Cheers people,
    Teddy
    Teddy have a look at vivid led they are site sponsors, plus will give you all the info you need
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app
    From behind the bushes

"Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet."

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Easy-T For This Useful Post:

2wasted (03-04-20), GEORGE (03-04-20), Mac (03-04-20), redisiel (03-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

Nice big space you'll have in there. I cant advise on leds as mine are diy for low heights. I'd love to have the height you'll have.
    Are you going to try to lightproof the door? I'm attempting to build a tiny veg cabinet and stressing over lightproofing it lol. I also have a small cupboard but I used a tent door cut from an old tent to keep the light in.

Good luck with your search mate. And I'm confident you'll have your meds ready in 3 to 4 months time

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

South of Hadrians wall in a tent, in the garden of England
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,269 Times

Hi Teddy I'm Using a mars hydro TS 1000, 150 actual watts with good results over about the same area. Good luck with the serch.
    So much to learn, so little time to learn it

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Le chef For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

I would not suggest Mars, vivid 100% if it’s quality your after, give him a call as he’s more than willing to help and advise, couldn’t really recommend him high enough, personally not seem all the led hype but it’s my first grow with them so let’s see
    From what I’ve learned there ain’t no better for all round really
    Atb
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

2wasted (03-04-20), GEORGE (03-04-20), Le chef (03-04-20), Mac (03-04-20), Valentina (03-04-20)

Thanks

Hi teddy hope your well as well , your room seems roughly the same dims as mine witch I built my self out of timber and ply board ( need to finish yet with mirrors on the doors to make it look like some woredrobes , I’m using the crop master led and can’t fault it is expensive though , they thought it would be too much light for the space but upgraded out take to deal with it I think go with the best led you can afford as long as you get it all right light , temps , humidity good genetics and nutrients you’ll grow some stinking weed
    Stay safe bro

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Langers For This Useful Post:

2wasted (03-04-20), GEORGE (03-04-20), Le chef (03-04-20), Mac (03-04-20)

Thanks

Default Thanks everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Langers View Post
    Hi teddy hope your well as well , your room seems roughly the same dims as mine witch I built my self out of timber and ply board ( need to finish yet with mirrors on the doors to make it look like some woredrobes , I’m using the crop master led and can’t fault it is expensive though , they thought it would be too much light for the space but upgraded out take to deal with it I think go with the best led you can afford as long as you get it all right light , temps , humidity good genetics and nutrients you’ll grow some stinking weed
    Stay safe bro
    Really appreciate all the help guys. Wasnt expecting so many replies. Good to know I wont be stuck.

Im actually gonna follow someone elses stealth build guide and make adaptions. First adaptions is light as the legend made his own led light. Im not good at electronics though.

Def gonna light proof. Ive got most of materials left over from diy projects. Got mylar,silver foil/insulation tape etc so only having to buy tech.

I will tell you exactly why I am going for led light.
    In january I stuck £30 in electric prepayment meter. Came home from work next day and thought there must be power cut.
    Nope,every other light on street was out. Meter showed £30 credit ran out in 24hrs.

Stuck £50 in meter as thought must have been anomoly or power surge. 3 days later £50 was done. Both me and wife working all day so only heating bedroom at night when we get home. 1 bed flat and we have bought the best eco cost affective appliances.

Basically, in a week we went through approx £150 in electric.

Switched everything off and tested everything. Cant find a fault. Got those bellends eon out to replace meter. They cant find fault.

Gonna be getting electrician in to see.whats goin on ffs. Basically if I was to get an expensive light the costs would be 2*3 times the norm. Doesnt make sense.

Cheers again.

Teddy

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teddy_amok For This Useful Post:

2wasted (03-04-20), GEORGE (03-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy_amok View Post
    Really appreciate all the help guys. Wasnt expecting so many replies. Good to know I wont be stuck.

Im actually gonna follow someone elses stealth build guide and make adaptions. First adaptions is light as the legend made his own led light. Im not good at electronics though.

Def gonna light proof. Ive got most of materials left over from diy projects. Got mylar,silver foil/insulation tape etc so only having to buy tech.

I will tell you exactly why I am going for led light.
    In january I stuck £30 in electric prepayment meter. Came home from work next day and thought there must be power cut.
    Nope,every other light on street was out. Meter showed £30 credit ran out in 24hrs.

Stuck £50 in meter as thought must have been anomoly or power surge. 3 days later £50 was done. Both me and wife working all day so only heating bedroom at night when we get home. 1 bed flat and we have bought the best eco cost affective appliances.

Basically, in a week we went through approx £150 in electric.

Switched everything off and tested everything. Cant find a fault. Got those bellends eon out to replace meter. They cant find fault.

Gonna be getting electrician in to see.whats goin on ffs. Basically if I was to get an expensive light the costs would be 2*3 times the norm. Doesnt make sense.

Cheers again.

Teddy
    Sounds a bit dodgy to me mate when we where using a 600w hps we where only using 30 a week on everything is about the same now with led

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Langers For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,186 Times

I bought a QB260 V3 Samsung LM301H 3000k/660NM LED Quantum Light Meanwell HLG from ebay, with inport charges it was abit over 250, not by much.. i cant mind if allowed to post direct link or not, pm if u want it

details...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	led.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	381270
    I am everyone and i am no one.

2 x CBD Lemon Potion Auto and 2 x LSD Auto
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...d-2-x-LSD-Auto(finished)

SeedStockers BCN Critical XXL Autoflowering Feminised
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...ring-Feminised(finished with 6oz)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to 2wasted For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,286 Times

Quote Originally Posted by 2wasted View Post
    I bought a QB260 V3 Samsung LM301H 3000k/660NM LED Quantum Light Meanwell HLG from ebay, with inport charges it was abit over 250, not by much.. i cant mind if allowed to post direct link or not, pm if u want it

details...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	led.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	381270
    Or go with a trusted seller who sponsors this forum and is based in the UK and with whom you have guaranteed technical assistance should it be needed.

Alexander at Vivid is a top guy.
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/signaturepics/sigpic82640_3.gif

Neckbeard, cute dog, pansy-ass fuck* pursuing herb immunity since 1966

*TM. HazyClouds (RIP)

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast