Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast

Thread: The Solyom goes coco. 3 x Gelato Mentored by Krofam

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,588 Times

looking great my man!

and earlier i actually meant to type that in general,you want the passive intake to have at least the same area as the out take and max of 2 times the area. which, depends on you base temps and how quickly you want the air moved.

as your using a coolled hood, youll be ok using same size or 1 size down.

you want neg pressure and good airflow but you dont want the tent being sucked in so much.
    when its hot in there, try opening one of the vents just a bit. or even open the zip a couple inches and ull see how airflow goes up, temp and neg pressure go down.
    you adjust the intake size till you find the sweet spot like with the example of the zip.

try 5 out with 6 in and see what neg pressure is like. but im seeing youll only be able to check after this grow is done and you flip tent. cos having a 6inch acoustic duct come from top of tent to get to bottom is ideal.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krofam For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-05-20), Mac (28-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,136 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Krofam View Post
    looking great my man!

and earlier i actually meant to type that in general,you want the passive intake to have at least the same area as the out take and max of 2 times the area. which, depends on you base temps and how quickly you want the air moved.

as your using a coolled hood, youll be ok using same size or 1 size down.

you want neg pressure and good airflow but you dont want the tent being sucked in so much.
    when its hot in there, try opening one of the vents just a bit. or even open the zip a couple inches and ull see how airflow goes up, temp and neg pressure go down.
    you adjust the intake size till you find the sweet spot like with the example of the zip.

try 5 out with 6 in and see what neg pressure is like. but im seeing youll only be able to check after this grow is done and you flip tent. cos having a 6inch acoustic duct come from top of tent to get to bottom is ideal.
    The tent seems to be pulled in and then released. Inhale/exhale. I'm going to ditch the 4" and just have the 5", that might help. The 4" is too long really but I can't get to it to shorten it. I'll sort it at lights on.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Solyom For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-05-20), Karsa (27-05-20), Krofam (27-05-20), Mac (28-05-20)

Thanks

I fed the girls the normal last night and this morning. ec 1.2 ph 5.8. I didn't take any pics last night. I took a load this morning. When I went to remove the memory card, problem. Dopey, stone head me, forgot to put the card in the camera. I'll get pics tonight.

They all look lovely and lush

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Solyom For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-05-20), Karsa (28-05-20), Krofam (28-05-20), Mac (28-05-20)

Thanks

I put the card in the camera. Yey!

Fed the same, 1.2 ec ph 5.8. I am now shit hot at mixing food. I'm going to do a post on how I do it. This morning, for tonight's feed, I hit 5.8 and 1.2, both 1st time. You old-timers can giggle. For a noob, it is an achievement

Krofam dude, it is getting busy in there. plant 3, the youngest by 2 days, is much bigger than 1, the oldest. Plant 2 is trailing a little behind the others.

I can't take off 2 leaves from each plant, it would make no difference. They would laugh at me! The pictures don't really show how much canopy is there, and the under growth is pretty big. I hope the pics give you an idea.

bad angle for perspective but I hope you can see, the thermo was at the top of the leaves, the night before last.

The thermo was above the plants day b 4 yesterday

C'mon you bastard pistols

I raised the light, which raised the thermo. I think I have it set at 24"

Then squeeze in the Pepsi challenge. Mine has been likened to a palm tree! lmao. Thing is, it does look like that.

This pic doesn't do it justice. It looks much bigger than this. I will try to remember to get my calipers out tomorrow. (Stop sniggering Johnny)

Peace

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Solyom For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-05-20), Krofam (21-06-20), Mac (29-05-20)

Thanks

remove 4-6 from each. youll be ok..

as for the lower growth. we will try and get as much stretch into it as possible. when 2 weeks into flower we will determine which ones to remove depending on the space they take up and the light they get.

keep as many tops as possible. when time come take pics and ill tell you which.

have pistils formed yet?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krofam For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-05-20), Mac (29-05-20), The Solyom (29-05-20)

Thanks

Default Day 12 0f 12/12

Day 12 0f 12/12

No pistils yet mate, I'll remove a few leaves tonight, they are sleeping now.

Fed them 1.2 ec 5.8
    Temp at canopy 32, tent temp at the same height but at the side of the tent 25.6
    They are looking pretty spectacular in there The temp isn't bothering them at all so no point in worrying.

I ordered a lux meter yesterday, Dr. Meter LX1330B, just shy of £38. That should take some of the guess work out.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Solyom For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-05-20), Krofam (21-06-20), Mac (29-05-20)

Thanks

honestly. i dont bother with lux meters. unless your gona be reviewing alot of light fxturs, there is no point.
    as a general rule, if i use hps i replace the bulb every 2 grows. i use a mh for veg which i replace every grow as this bulb spend 24/7 on.

the height from canopy all depends on ambient temp and what the plants tell you.

so long as air movement in there is good its ok..

also. dont overthink things. i used to do this myself when it came to grows but ive learned not to.
    remember, your are learning. once uve mastered these basics, you can start thinking about adjusting things and making additions.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Krofam For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-05-20), Karsa (30-05-20), Mac (30-05-20), The Solyom (30-05-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krofam View Post
    honestly. i dont bother with lux meters. unless your gona be reviewing alot of light fxturs, there is no point.
    as a general rule, if i use hps i replace the bulb every 2 grows. i use a mh for veg which i replace every grow as this bulb spend 24/7 on.

the height from canopy all depends on ambient temp and what the plants tell you.

so long as air movement in there is good its ok..

also. dont overthink things. i used to do this myself when it came to grows but ive learned not to.
    remember, your are learning. once uve mastered these basics, you can start thinking about adjusting things and making additions.
    Trust me, I'm not overthinking. The meter is more to feed my hunger for information. I had a plan to grow succulents, mainly cactus, under led, with the purpose of selling at my local car boot. Then came Covid 19. So I grew weed instead
    I have many reasons for a meter, weed is just one of them.
    After this grow and depending on yield, I plan to evaluate how much I need to grow to become independent. As I mentioned before, my living arrangements are high risk for growing. I only plan to grow what I need, be it autos' or phenos. Any extra space I have will be for veg/succulents. If the people want to check my, leccy meter/water temp, whatever, I can show them; "cactus"

I have a backup plan if the timing is critical. I am pretty ocd about security. No smell-no tell. Only 2 people know about my grow. You & my pal. And he is solid.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Solyom For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-05-20), Krofam (29-05-20), Mac (30-05-20)

Laederon Plateau on the northern edge of the continent of Genabackis.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,313 Times

Quote Originally Posted by The Solyom View Post
    Trust me, I'm not overthinking. The meter is more to feed my hunger for information. I had a plan to grow succulents, mainly cactus, under led, with the purpose of selling at my local car boot. Then came Covid 19. So I grew weed instead
    I have many reasons for a meter, weed is just one of them.
    After this grow and depending on yield, I plan to evaluate how much I need to grow to become independent. As I mentioned before, my living arrangements are high risk for growing. I only plan to grow what I need, be it autos' or phenos. Any extra space I have will be for veg/succulents. If the people want to check my, leccy meter/water temp, whatever, I can show them; "cactus"

I have a backup plan if the timing is critical. I am pretty ocd about security. No smell-no tell. Only 2 people know about my grow. You & my pal. And he is solid.
    I thought that once... Lost a crop cause he let it slip at a party so I ditched the lot before harvest as I couldn't safely do anything else...
    Also don't forget the more you grow the better your yields will be as your techniques will improve and your groom more dialled in.

Lovely little grow going on bud, Krofam is definitely looking after you ^^
    Definitely gonna stick around

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Karsa For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-05-20), Krofam (30-05-20), Mac (30-05-20), The Solyom (30-05-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Karsa View Post
    I thought that once... Lost a crop cause he let it slip at a party so I ditched the lot before harvest as I couldn't safely do anything else...
    Also don't forget the more you grow the better your yields will be as your techniques will improve and your groom more dialled in.

Lovely little grow going on bud, Krofam is definitely looking after you ^^
    Definitely gonna stick around

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
    My man has many, many years of keeping his mouth shut. I will admit the reason only 2 people know is, I trust people starting at 0% going up to 10%. Mostly. It seems that over the years, people have liked to gossip more and more. Fucking Coronation st and Eastenders take the blame imo. Anyone who watches soaps automatically starts on -10%

Krofam is mate . This whole grow is due to his advice, airpots, coco etc. Changing to coco is, well, a game changer. So easy, I love it!

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Solyom For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-05-20), Karsa (30-05-20), Krofam (30-05-20), Mac (30-05-20)

Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast