Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Solyom goes coco. 3 x Gelato Mentored by Krofam

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,136 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Krofam View Post
    well said macca!

you can cut the cannazyme for now. i only ever use it a bit during flower and after transplanting.

they are looking great. keep readings as they are. i dont go higher than 1.5ec and thats in flower so raise it slowly.

dont pot up just yet. let them grow a bit more and establish more of a root system. actually helps when transplanting later. you dont wanna take it out of the pot and have the whole root ball fall apart.

this is the longest bit.

so its on the diary, how long do you plan on vegging? whats your goal? etc..
    If the dick head writing this had remembered to subscribe to his own diary he would have seen this post BEFORE he repotted. Too late now. Fortunately they didn't fall apart so hopefully all good. I did them about 10 am and just checked at 13.50 and they are looking sweeeeeeet.

Will it hurt for them to have the cannazyme until I've used up the food I've premixed? I hate throwing any food away!

Temps update:
    I have now got the 4" fan pulling cold air from the loft and the 5" with no filter attached yet extracting. This has dropped the temps down to Groom 26C and leaves 27C with the light at 26"

how long do you plan on vegging? whats your goal? etc..
    Plan, plan??? There is no plans!! You da boss man. Just tell me when to flip and it will be done. I have no weed and my man is struggling to find any cos of the lockdown so sooner rather than later.

I'm hoping to start some autos in the other groom in the next coupla weeks but having a few problems getting materials. I went on B&Qs website the other day and was in a queue behind over 78,000 others. That's not a typo, 78,000 before I can even check stock! ffs, people start fucking and save the diy for another day!

My goal is to get enough weed to see me through until the autos are finished and then rinse and repeat. I have 3 x Auto seeds, 5 x OG kush seeds, another 2 Gelato and 3 Stardawg seeds from the Blackskull comp. I might do the Stardawg before the autos as Blackskull were decent enough to give them away on the condition there is a diary.

Here they are in the autopots, Pepsi challenge entry also in there!

Thanks for your help buddy, I feel this is going to go much better than my last train wreck of a grow. Coco forever!
    Forgot to mention, unless you tell me to go 18/6 I'll just keep them on 24. Easier lol
    Last edited by The Solyom; 14-04-20 at 02:20 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Solyom For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-04-20), Krofam (14-04-20), Mac (14-04-20), RASTA (14-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

They all look like they are loving life, healthy and outstretched leaves sucking up the light

Now you just need to be patient while the roots do their thing in the new pots. May look like nothings growing for a while but panic not,once the roots get where they need to be ... the top soon catches up. Then you will REALLY love coco

NO SELL, NO SMELL, NO TELL!!!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-04-20), Krofam (14-04-20), RASTA (14-04-20), The Solyom (14-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,588 Times

zyme is ok at this stage. just no changes for a week now so they recoup.

remember, zymme and rhizo at half strength.

i personaly like to use the whole batch on the same day. avoids having to readjust ph. so i mix 10ltrs at a time early on and 20 during flower. i chuck out any left over.
    i also like to give it a good mix to get loads oxygen in as i water. stirring in one direction fast and quickly reversing the spin.

24/0 for now it is then.

a 3-4 week veg on these using a 600w could yield you around 2-3oz per plant if conditions are ideal. maybe more depending on genetics.
    i would suggest 4-5week veg to alow for better training and achieve as much lateral growth as possible. this will give you a move even canopy and a shorter one too. the longer the veg the more you can fill the canopy and a full canopy under a 600w at say .75gpw, thats 450g.
    food for thought

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Krofam For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-04-20), Mac (14-04-20), RASTA (14-04-20), The Solyom (14-04-20)

Thanks

450g would easy see me through until the next grow is done. Shit, 250g would do it. They are all 2 weeks old now. I potted them a bit deeper so there wasn't as much stem showing, they were a bit spindly. I also gave put some Mykos around the roots to get them roots running around in the coco. Top shit that stuff. The Pepsi challenge plant has caught up in height and is growing at an amazing rate.

I potted some flower seedlings today and am doing a side by side comparison. 3 with Mykos and 3 without. It will be interesting to watch them grow. I'm going to start a thread tomorrow and put a link in my sig if anyone is interested in seeing how it pans out.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Solyom For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-04-20), IceCalibur (15-04-20), Krofam (15-04-20), Mac (14-04-20), RASTA (14-04-20)

Thanks

All good in da hood.

The girls don't seem to have been at all bothered by being repotted. They all got lush green colour and looking super healthy. When do you think they should be topped?

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Solyom For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-04-20), Krofam (17-04-20), Mac (15-04-20), RASTA (15-04-20)

Thanks

lets see how they do in the next few days. but i would say another week or so at least until you start thinking about topping.
    for now keep everything as it is.

make not of what time you feed. you want to lline this up with when your lights come on when in flower. give or take an hour or 2. feed soon after lights on and again halfway through cycle.

if you mix up 10ltrs you can feed them 1 ltrs each first. maybe 1.5 and do again 6hours later to use up the remaining nutes. you want a good run off, 30-40%, and when they are bigger this will require moe feed to double up and make 20ltrs. feeding 2-3ltrs when lights on and again 6hrs later.
    feed evenly across the top of the medium. check out the youtube vid on how airpot roots grow, they have an animation that shows it. you dont get a root ball. instead its like a network of outgrowing fibres. increasing surface area used to take up nutes.

watch when you take the pots apart at the end. ull be amazed

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Krofam For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-04-20), Mac (15-04-20), RASTA (17-04-20), The Solyom (15-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krofam View Post
    lets see how they do in the next few days. but i would say another week or so at least until you start thinking about topping.
    for now keep everything as it is.

make not of what time you feed. you want to lline this up with when your lights come on when in flower. give or take an hour or 2. feed soon after lights on and again halfway through cycle.

if you mix up 10ltrs you can feed them 1 ltrs each first. maybe 1.5 and do again 6hours later to use up the remaining nutes. you want a good run off, 30-40%, and when they are bigger this will require moe feed to double up and make 20ltrs. feeding 2-3ltrs when lights on and again 6hrs later.
    feed evenly across the top of the medium. check out the youtube vid on how airpot roots grow, they have an animation that shows it. you dont get a root ball. instead its like a network of outgrowing fibres. increasing surface area used to take up nutes.

watch when you take the pots apart at the end. ull be amazed
    If anyone else want to wath the vid Krofam was talking about here's the link
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGT8FjzqTOc

The temp under the plants has somehow risen to 35 so I've raised the light a few inches. Room temp is only 27C.
    They are all looking good, I think the are slightly less green than before but that may be my imagination. I have a cheap garden ph/moisture/light tester I got from pound shop. Useless for anything except moisture. Today they are pretty dry so going to feed them with same strength etc.

Following Krofams advice they will each get 1 to 1.5L [email protected] [email protected]. I'm going to keep the ec the same until told otherwise.

On a side note, the Pepsi challenge plant has gone crazy. I think it is about a week or 10 days younger than the Gelatos' and the leaves are almost the same size.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Solyom For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-04-20), Krofam (17-04-20), Mac (17-04-20), RASTA (17-04-20)

Thanks

Default Temps too high - Fuckers

The girls are fed and watered. It took 2l feed to get any runoff so they must have needed it. Just so I got this right in my dumb head. 2l feed = 600ml runoff @ 30%
    They don't look any paler, in fact they look lush.

I don't understand the temp rise. This is the coldest day for the last week so wtf would be heating the tent up? Anyways, to every problem there is a solution

I just ordered one of these:

I also ordered a Swift Air Fan Speed And Temperature Controller
    Temp problem fixed and hopefully can push the light up to 600w from 400w. Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Having checked the dates, the girls will be 3 weeks from seed on Mon to weds. The Pepsi challenge popped on the 6th so 11 days today.
    Last edited by The Solyom; 17-04-20 at 12:57 PM.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Solyom For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-04-20), Krofam (17-04-20), Mac (17-04-20), RASTA (17-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

Your runoff maths is correct Girls are looking lovely

Where are you exhausting the tent air to? Into the same room? if so that could be causing your temperature raise as eventually the room warms up and you start sucking that air back into the tent.
    Last edited by Mac; 17-04-20 at 01:08 PM.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-04-20), Krofam (17-04-20), RASTA (17-04-20), The Solyom (17-04-20)

Thanks

coming along nicely!

as macca asked, where are you venting from/to?

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Krofam For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-04-20), Mac (19-04-20), RASTA (17-04-20), The Solyom (17-04-20)

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast