Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Damping off?

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 4

Default Answered: Damping off?

Hey, checked my little ones today and two seem to have developed damping off/stem rot, they are less than a week into veg. Iws f&d system clay pebbles. Is there any way to repair them or get them through this? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

2. "I'd personally support the plant before it falls over and breaks the stem . Get a fan blowing on the top of your pots/bottom of the stem . Make sure the cube is not getting soaked.
    A great little tonic for sick and unhealthy plants is superthrive

in a green and pleasant land "

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to underground For This Useful Post:

British green (04-04-20), GEORGE (04-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times
    Provided Answers: 510

A few people have tried different things for this... with varying success...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

British green (04-04-20), GEORGE (04-04-20), underground (04-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    A few people have tried different things for this... with varying success...
    Ive dropped the feeding times down incase it was due to the cube being too saturated pretty much just gotta hope and pray they pull round.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to underground For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Anyone know of any methods or products i can use? I do have some silver bullet roots to hand, dont know if i can use this somehow...

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to underground For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times
    Provided Answers: 36

I'd personally support the plant before it falls over and breaks the stem . Get a fan blowing on the top of your pots/bottom of the stem . Make sure the cube is not getting soaked.
    A great little tonic for sick and unhealthy plants is superthrive

in a green and pleasant land

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-04-20), Greengrass (04-04-20), IceCalibur (04-04-20), underground (04-04-20)

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by underground View Post
    Hey, checked my little ones today and two seem to have developed damping off/stem rot, they are less than a week into veg. Iws f&d system clay pebbles. Is there any way to repair them or get them through this? Thanks in advance.

Ooof this looks deep, get some honey and slap it around that but make sure it's nice and dry before you...

I used root riots in my last grow and all my plants suffered from the same set rot, Bud Lightyear advised me to use honey around the stems with great success!

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

British green (04-04-20), cough (05-04-20), GEORGE (05-04-20), Greengrass (04-04-20), underground (04-04-20)

Thanks

I had very similar amount of stem rot 2 weeks into veg, silver bullet saved them for me good luck mate

15. The Following User Says Thank You to matrixdts For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by matrixdts View Post
    I had very similar amount of stem rot 2 weeks into veg, silver bullet saved them for me good luck mate
    What dose did u give them? Or did you apply straight to the stem?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to underground For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-20)

Thanks

What dose did u give them? Or did you apply straight to the stem?

I fucked up on the dose first time round mate I put 100ml in 80 litres of water read the instructions wrong, it didn’t seem to do any harm in fact they healed up very quickly in around a week, I didn’t treat the stem I dried it off and got a fan gently blowing on it, doing my weekly change over ( nft ) I then gave 10ml per 25 litres of water and am still doing that now a week before flush. I’ll try and find some pics up try and support it some how mate I lost 2 plants before that just keeled over and snapped. All the best mate

19. The Following User Says Thank You to matrixdts For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by matrixdts View Post
    I fucked up on the dose first time round mate I put 100ml in 80 litres of water read the instructions wrong, it didn’t seem to do any harm in fact they healed up very quickly in around a week, I didn’t treat the stem I dried it off and got a fan gently blowing on it, doing my weekly change over ( nft ) I then gave 10ml per 25 litres of water and am still doing that now a week before flush. I’ll try and find some pics up try and support it some how mate I lost 2 plants before that just keeled over and snapped. All the best mate
    Ill change res today then and give a SB heavy recipie, think this all happened because one of my hps bulbs started cycling due to end of life so had to order a bulb online. Temps dropped to about 22-23c due to only having 1 hps and ive overwartered them...

21. The Following User Says Thank You to underground For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-20)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast