Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Name the deficiency guys

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,740 Times

You need to get a Loupe to check the under side of the leaves. The spots are probably from where the mites & thrips have eaten the leaf and it's now dead in the little spots.

I've personally only been able to clear pest by using systemic miticides or scrapping my plants and starting fresh. You have a few choices while in flower, but not many that will 100% work.

Your plants look pretty good apart from the bugs...

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

BB (04-04-20), GEORGE (05-04-20), M_C (04-04-20)

Thanks

Trust me lads it's not mite I've had mite plenty of times over the last 15 years to know what I'm looking for lol

I managed to find a more advanced/worse leaf in the middle of the plant.

This is what I use for mite in the photo not had mite for a few years but keep this stuff on side by because it kills them in one sitting!

There is only a very small number of thrips I had to check a few leaves just to find the one in the photo. They've been introduced to the groom just over a month ago from a cut of lpz I got

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thegrower1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-20), Loki (04-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thegrower1 View Post
    Trust me lads it's not mite I've had mite plenty of times over the last 15 years to know what I'm looking for lol

I managed to find a more advanced/worse leaf in the middle of the plant.

This is what I use for mite in the photo not had mite for a few years but keep this stuff on side by because it kills them in one sitting!

There is only a very small number of thrips I had to check a few leaves just to find the one in the photo. They've been introduced to the groom just over a month ago from a cut of lpz I got

That does look a little like an early phosphorus deficiency, and the white spots are very similar to mites, but as you have found thrips, that explains the damage/white spots somewhat. The floramite shouldn't be used in flower, it may find itself in the finished product, but thrips are an arse to kill, maybe predators would be an option?

A cause of phosphorus deficiency can be pH problems in the root zone, I would keep a closer eye on your rez numbers. Water temps should be around 19-21°c pH should be 5.6 - 6.2, maybe sample the numbers more often to watch for any drastic swings.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-20), IceCalibur (04-04-20), thegrower1 (04-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    That does look a little like an early phosphorus deficiency, and the white spots are very similar to mites, but as you have found thrips, that explains the damage/white spots somewhat. The floramite shouldn't be used in flower, it may find itself in the finished product, but thrips are an arse to kill, maybe predators would be an option?

A cause of phosphorus deficiency can be pH problems in the root zone, I would keep a closer eye on your rez numbers. Water temps should be around 19-21°c pH should be 5.6 - 6.2, maybe sample the numbers more often to watch for any drastic swings.
    I had thrips many years ago I went to b&q and brought a spray for tomatoe plants I think it was that kills thrips and other bugs killed them in one go, but can't go b&q at the moment so they'll have to live for now lol

I'm thinking about using a different nutrient line next cycle this is my first cycle I've done with RO water (my calcium and magnesium ratio is wrong in my tap water) I did have a slight deficiency in veg as well so might try a different nute line in one system and do a side by side to advance see what happens

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thegrower1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-20), Loki (05-04-20)

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post

I'd definitely be giving Predator mites a go

You can use ' Phytoseiulus persimilis ' or ' Amblyseius californicus ' (even better if you have both) they will hunt and eat them.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-20), Loki (05-04-20), thegrower1 (04-04-20)

Thanks

I've search Google and can't find any similar phosphorus deficiency to mine but the calcium one looks identical to mine? It looks like phosphorus starts from the edges of the leaves calcium starts from the veins and is rusty like mine. I do have canna calcium but I don't want to just add something for no reason

12. The Following User Says Thank You to thegrower1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-20)

Thanks

I'm not convinced with a side by side tho

14. The Following User Says Thank You to thegrower1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-20)

Thanks

Found these old picture.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

Easy-T (05-04-20), GEORGE (05-04-20)

Thanks

With pests, once you're in flower the best you can do is to control them, try getting some Chrysanthemum plants (in flower) and mix them in with your grow. They have a natural chemical that can kill and will repel things like thrips and mites.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Phytoplankton For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-04-20)

Thanks

It remembers me a time, when I've tried Super Silver Haze strain for the first time ( ordered it here
    and it was the only store I've found it. And tried to grow it by myself, with all the led lights and needed micro-climate for it. And those issues were as well, exactly like you have on your photos.
    Please check the rules mate, I’ve removed the link for you this time.
    Last edited by redisiel; 20-04-20 at 11:44 PM. Reason: No links

20. The Following User Says Thank You to tony1RP For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-04-20)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast