Thread: Soils, nutes and additives. Many questions. Please help me understand.

small plantation outside kingston jamaica
    Thanks

Default Soils, nutes and additives. Many questions. Please help me understand.

I'm wanting to fully understand things to ensure I'm not unknowingly harming my plant.

I'm currently using Westlands MP with added JI, therein lies my questions. Obviously the compost itself includes nutrients from the JI, so the plant does not require any form of bottled nutes (Old timer, Canna ETC) until the nutes in the soil have all dried up, simple. Now, because of the added JI does that mean I cannot use any of the vast amounts of additives such as Old timers Catalyst (Seaweed + whatever else is in it),PM granules, PM soil bloom, PM root stimulant and the like. The reason I list Plant Magic is because I've already ordered their Grow bottle due to the 'once potted up's soil's' nutrients appear to have expired, due to go in to its final pot next week but the plant is going light green/yellow from the bottom leaves so she needs feeding ASAP before the pot up?

Can all of the listed products be used in-conjunction with a medium with included added nutrients from seed without harming/burning the plant? I'm aware, at least with the Plant Magic range, that with certain products it's either/or of their products.

Because of the added JI can we still water with additional 0.5-1ml seaweed every 1L of water from seed? How about myrcorrhizae when I pot up to the final pot with additional soil?

How about spraying foliage with a seaweed + molasses mix, is this ok when using mediums with added nutes. I don't want to be over feeding.

I suppose to cut a long story short should everything I've listed be used with say, Coco? Or a medium with no additional nutrients?

Sorry for the long winded post

Stay safe all

New PC Build coming soon

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jumpman233345 For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (05-04-20), GEORGE (05-04-20), redisiel (05-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

With any shop bought soil you’ve got a guessing game as to when to feed your plants unless you can read them so you can feee on time.
    The mycorr you need to get on the roots as soon as you see one.
    If I’m using paper towel method I use a myco spray to wet the tissue, I use a soluble mycorr/bacteria solution to soak the seeds in first for 12 hours so it gets established as soon as possible.
    Atb
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (05-04-20), GEORGE (05-04-20), jumpman233345 (05-04-20)

small plantation outside kingston jamaica
    Thanks

Is everything I've listed considered food though? Or just additives that's safe to mix/use with a medium with added nutes? I saw the other day that once you have a tap route, to dip the seed and tap in myco, I was going to try that but your spray solution sounds good. How much myco per L would you say?

Thanks Redz
    Last edited by jumpman233345; 05-04-20 at 01:21 PM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jumpman233345 For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (05-04-20), GEORGE (05-04-20), tom222 (05-04-20)