Thread: DWC / Waterfarm / Bubbler silencing...

Thanks

Default DWC / Waterfarm / Bubbler silencing...

How do you silence your room?

Thought about putting foam style audio sound buffering on the walls and floor... or just isolating the lot.

Big fans too... Fan speed controllers weep.

Thoughts?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to existence For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-04-20), tom222 (13-04-20)

Thanks

Im lucky I have access to loads of off cuts of nice dense foam I used to be able to hear my DWC buckets bubbling when I was directly under my room in the kitchen so I cut round the base of my buckets with the foam & it worked a treat,also another good tip is if your using air stones is get the the one's that only flow in one direction ( harry fucking stylee) saves them bouncing around vibrating

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SBTUK For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-04-20), tom222 (13-04-20), WhIpLaSh (13-04-20)

Thanks

Airstones can be glued to the base of your bucket with fishtank silicone sealant (not when full of water) to stop them bouncing around.

fan noise? if you mean the noise of the motor not the noise of moving air then most fans can be wrapped in a blanket to deaden the noise. I have done this, I thought the fan might overheat but the air going through the fan is enough to cool it so it is in essence self cooling. if you try it do your own safety checks but I have done it on 5 or 6 big fans with never any problems. it don't make them silent but does cut the noise by around half or more depending on how well you wrap them and the tog of your quilt.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Muttz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-05-20)